• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Schedule Release?

Rate this topic

The names are another new low for the NHL, there are so many great players some love for the tradition of the game. Seeing Montreal and Toronto more often is a god send, 3 original 6 teams battleing it out can't wait for that. I also hope they retire Lidströms jersey at the first homegame against the Bolts.

I'm hoping they do it one of the home games against the Lightning, so Stevie Y can be there too.

Stevie could easily be there regardless of whether the Lightning is the visiting team or not. For example, when Wayne Gretzky had his jersey retired in Edmonton, Mark Messier was there and was still an active player at the time and his team was not the visiting team. If Messier can do it when still playing in the league, no reason why a GM can't.

The names are another new low for the NHL, there are so many great players some love for the tradition of the game. Seeing Montreal and Toronto more often is a god send, 3 original 6 teams battleing it out can't wait for that. I also hope they retire Lidströms jersey at the first homegame against the Bolts.

Only 3 original 6 teams in the division will battle it out? Hope you're not leaving the Wings out of it with the Bruins, Habs, & Leafs being the 3.

Stevie could easily be there regardless of whether the Lightning is the visiting team or not. For example, when Wayne Gretzky had his jersey retired in Edmonton, Mark Messier was there and was still an active player at the time and his team was not the visiting team. If Messier can do it when still playing in the league, no reason why a GM can't.

Probably true. I just can't see Stevie attending if there is a scheduling conflict with the Lightning playing as well.

Don't they have the Metropolitans on the wrong side of the country? Shouldn't they be on the west coast?

I don't know. I'm still trying to wrap my head around going from the "west" to the "atlantic" without moving the city.

is it just me or are there a lot more roadtrips and homestands? seems like there are several groupings of 4 or 5 gams on the road and 4 or 5 at home.

They are grouped together. All our west coast games in one trip. Makes travel much easier.

Because of his lockout, Uncle Gary's gift to "the greatest fans in the world" ® is "Metropolitan"?

The league couldn't just use North, East, South, etc because it would call too much attention to how badly the NHL screwed the Florida teams in the realignment.

The two southernmost teams in the league are in what is essentially the Northeastern division.

Guest The Axe

It was originally planned to be called the Metrosexual division due to a certain Pittsburgh Penguin...

Im surprised it wasnt called the Crosby division.

Guest Playmaker

Not a huge fan of it, but geez, it's not the end of the world. I heard the suggestion of Continental instead, and I liked that better. Other than Carolina, there aren't any other teams geographically close to Florida. So I don't really see how they were "screwed".

Not a huge fan of it, but geez, it's not the end of the world. I heard the suggestion of Continental instead, and I liked that better. Other than Carolina, there aren't any other teams geographically close to Florida. So I don't really see how they were "screwed".

You really dont see a problem with the Florida teams in our division? There is an entire division between them and the rest of the new Atlantic division