• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

OctopiDetroit

2013-14 Schedule Highlights

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

I am most looking forward to 2 teams playing against each other in their dark jerseys. When the colors contrast enough, this should happen EVERY game. White jerseys suck for the most part, except original 6.

I couldn't stop laughing at the brand new "Metropolitian" division....

fsddffdfsasf.jpg

Also, hey....Detroit is in the Atlantic division. Okay....if you're going to come up with dumb names, do it for everyone?

What's the deal with soooo many games aginst our old Western Conference rivals, and why not until Dec. 21st a game against the Maple Leafs?

Thats probably for HBO....they want to hold the "reunion" game as late as possible.

I know what you mean though...November looks like they're still in the West. There is a stretch where they play 7 Western teams in 10 games.

Edited by evilmrt

What's the deal with soooo many games aginst our old Western Conference rivals, and why not until Dec. 21st a game against the Maple Leafs?

When you have 30 teams with an 82 game schedule that you have to make sure works travel wise quirks like that happen.

At least the last two weeks isn't filled with trips to the West and back.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Breathe

Breathe

OMG OMG

Wings at Rangers 10/26, 1/16, 3/9

Wings at Devils 12/6, 3/4

Plus I'll add in a Philly, Washington and Boston trip.

OMG OMG OMG

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

It's even cooler now, eh?

every team plays 1 home and 1 road game against each team in the other conference.

I'm looking forward to March 11 and March 25 at Columbus. Hopefully I can make it to at least one of those games.

Also I'm REALLY looking forward to watching 24/7! HBO does that so well every year. They made me actually like tolerate Pittsburgh for 1 hour each week in December 2010!

Edited by wingsfan4795

Guest The Axe

Monday, November 4th, 2013. The Wings will roll into Winnipeg and I shall acquire tickets through some game of chance....somehow, I will attend that game.

Stub-hub, brah.

October looks interesting with 4 games of the 13 within the division, with 2 against Boston, and 9 of the 13 against Conference teams; It's always better to get the points early on rather than be fighting for them at the end of the season.

December looks interesting with 9 of the 14 games being against non-division/conference teams, 7 of them in a row.

April looks interesting with 4 of the 7 games against division teams, all in a row and 6 of the 7 against conference teams. If you're looking for just a couple of extra points to improve a seeding, that can make it tougher.

I see that there are 25 single home/away games; you play one game then move on. That seemed sort off high, especially with the conference move, so I did some pokin' around.

Twenty-five is the most since 2006-07, with 27. The highest number all-time is 31, in 1969-70, 1973-74, 1986-87 and 1987-88, none of which was an eighty-two game schedule.

One other noticeable part of this season's schedule is in January, when the Club plays 5 away games followed by 5 home games. That's only happened 2 other times in Club history: 1956-57 and 1990-91, both in the opposite order.