#21 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

What's wrong with Crosby?

HA! Best post yet!

Must be GREAT marketing. Got all of us talking about it.

#22 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

If you read the headline, it says "Detroit will host every team at the Joe INCLUDING new Eastern Conference Rivals".  It then names Toronto, Montreal, and Boston as examples of these new "rivals".  And then concludes by saying "Guarantee your chances of seeing these Original Six Matchups" in reference to the previously mentioned Toronto, Boston, and Montreal.  It's a poorly put together ad campaign, but it's pretty easy to see that the whole point is to see tickets to marquee games, and Chicago, Pittsburgh, AND the original six are all considered those types of games. 

They aren't promoting hockey history, they're trying to sell you tickets.  And that's not going to happen if they promote Florida. 

Nobody is talking about trying to promote Florida. The point of the OP is that Crosby is *clearly* out of place in that pic, considering 6 of 7 (im sensing a theme here) of the players are from original six teams . From a marketing perspective, I would say Crosby's face does not help promote ticket sales in the eyes of most Red Wings fans... so it also falls flat there. Fail all the way around as far as I’m concerned.

Edited by RedWingsDad, 22 July 2013 - 08:36 AM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.