• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

where do they get metropolitan from? i dont get it. 

and the playoff format is so confusing. 

and now phoenix is the Arizona Coyotes lol

#42 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Sorry to disagree with most, but this really isn't that complicated at all.  The Metropolitan Division name is dumb as hell and I don't care for the 16 teams versus 14 teams, but there's no solid way of doing it without making it 6 divisions or adding/removing 2 teams.

The playoff format makes perfect sense with what they've got.  I don't mind it one bit.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#43 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

Sorry to disagree with most, but this really isn't that complicated at all.  The Metropolitan Division name is dumb as hell and I don't care for the 16 teams versus 14 teams, but there's no solid way of doing it without making it 6 divisions or adding/removing 2 teams.

The playoff format makes perfect sense with what they've got.  I don't mind it one bit.

Florida moves to Portland. Phoenix movss to Seattle. 15 teams in each conference.

#44 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

Florida moves to Portland. Phoenix movss to Seattle. 15 teams in each conference.

Not sure where Portland is coming from these days.  Seattle yes, but Quebec is way ahead of Portland on the list and will likely have a team in the near future.  I definitely approve of the 2 teams you want to move though. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#45 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

I meant without teams swapping cities.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#46 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

Not sure where Portland is coming from these days.  Seattle yes, but Quebec is way ahead of Portland on the list and will likely have a team in the near future.  I definitely approve of the 2 teams you want to move though. 

I think 32 is the magic number. Wouldnt surprise me if phoenix, seattle, and portland have teams, and florida goes to quebec.

#47 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Portland Panthers sounds kinda cool.  

I still prefer the Saskatoon Panthers, though.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#48 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Highly doubt if the Panthers move they keep the Panthers name. 

Same goes with any team aka Coyotes IF they ever move...

#49 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Uncle Gary sure screwed this up. Another line for his "legacy" in Wikipedia.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#50 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,566 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

Well...We can all piss, and moan about everything, or enjoy the fact that we're in the Eastern Conference, and will play our old Original 6 rivals (excluding Chicago of course) on a regular basis.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#51 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

Most people are visual.  Once the NHL comes out with the old flow chart with colorful arrows, we'll all get it. :ok:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#52 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

This league is turning into an absolute joke, they can't even support 30 franchises and are now trying to go for 32? It's so stupid just fold a few teams and get something around 20 - 24 teams.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..