• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Devils sign Jagr (1 yr deal, financial terms not yet disclosed)

Rate this topic

Because Jagr will likely get around the same $ he's been getting lately, which is around 4.5M. So unless Brunner is willing to ask for much less than what's being reported, Brunner won't be a Devil

They'll still have about $4.3m in cap space left after the Jagr signing if it is $4.5m/y but given their financial issues & the fact they'll have 14 forwards on the roster, it probably means they're out of the running for Brunner.

Jagr is a mercenary!

As I said in another thread, Jagr loves 2 things. Money, and playing hockey. Don't let his love of the former blind you to his love of the latter.

042313TravelingJagrs672.jpg

The Isles have to be next based purely on geography...he obviously has an interest in playing in every team within the NY metropolitan area/east coast. The Isles would top that off. Watch out for Carolina after that.

The Isles have to be next based purely on geography...he obviously has an interest in playing in every team within the NY metropolitan area/east coast. The Isles would top that off. Watch out for Carolina after that.

Traded to isles at the trade deadline, signs with Carolina next off season.

Then Columbus to complete the Tour du Metro?

Traded to isles at the trade deadline, signs with Carolina next off season.

Lol...this is actually quite probable. NJ should miss the playoffs, NYI will probably make it, and if they do they will (or should) pick up a piece or two at the deadline. LouLam will probably take Snow to the cleaners...all makes sense to me.

Guest The Axe

@TGfireandice: $2 million in base salary on Jagr's 1-year contract with Devils. Additional potential $2 million in games played bonuses.

Fair deal, I think.

Honestly, I think I'd rather have Jagr than Alfie, given their respective deals.

Unless Alfie looks considerably older than he did even last season, I don't consider them too comparable. I understand your point, which is both of them are declined stars and Alfie is paid a fair bit more. But Jagr did basically nothing in the Playoffs. Part of that was a poor fit with Boston, which is a north/south team, but most of it is age.

The Wings don't have room for any more forwards and there wasn't really a veteran defender that we reasonably could have afforded that I would have wanted, with or without Alfie's contract. I know a lot of people weren't high on the Alfredsson deal, but there's every reason to think he'll "fit" on this team, and it's only one year.