• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Leftovers

Rate this topic

Not signing our RFA isn't an option. We are over the cap and have been in need of a trade for some time. Beginning to think its outside Holland's skillset.

Go ahead Ken prove me wrong...please...

I'm not sure skill sets has anything to do with it. With viable (cheaper) options available still in the UFA pool. Why trade and give up an asset, even a 7th rounder to help out another team?

Not buying out Bertuzzi was a mistake IMHO.

Wings can be 10% over the cap till the season starts. So plenty of money to sign their own Rfa players. Not buying out Bertuzzi and waiting too long with Samuelson was for sure a mistake but it happened and their is nothing the Wings can do about it now. Let's just hope the Alfredsson signing doesn't bite them in the ...

Philly is really impressive they from caphell to caphell, Holmer better is hoping for a huge cap increase otherwise their offseason accompt nothing

Edited by frankgrimes

I'm not sure skill sets has anything to do with it. With viable (cheaper) options available still in the UFA pool. Why trade and give up an asset, even a 7th rounder to help out another team?

Not buying out Bertuzzi was a mistake IMHO.

As impressed as I am and how much I like Abdelkader, if Tuzzi is healthy, he's a better option for the top line to play with Dats and Z. That would give Abs the chance to get back to grinding and hitting on a line that does that and Tuzzi would bring everything and more than Abdelkader on the top line.

As impressed as I am and how much I like Abdelkader, if Tuzzi is healthy, he's a better option for the top line to play with Dats and Z. That would give Abs the chance to get back to grinding and hitting on a line that does that and Tuzzi would bring everything and more than Abdelkader on the top line.

Tuzzi cannot play top 6 minutes anymore

Guest The Axe

This has been an outdated concept for 2 years. Bertuzzi doesnt offer us anything we need at this point.

Guest The Axe

Tuzzis a better top line option than Abby. Abs was only there because of injury

He's not. And even if he was, that isnt saying much.

Franzen, Z, Fredo, Weiss, Pavs, and Abs are the top 6 guys now. Bert is out.

Guest Crymson

I'd rather switch abs for mantha

You'd rather switch him for an understrength 19-year-old who has no professional experience? Even Mantha has acknowledged that he needs to get stronger and faster.

Edited by Crymson

You'd rather switch him for an understrength 19-year-old who has no professional experience? Even Mantha has acknowledged that he needs to get stronger and faster.

Well if he puts some weight on like he has been saying he will, yes. If not, next year works fine too

Guest Crymson

Well if he puts some weight on like he has been saying he will, yes. If not, next year works fine too

He has no experience at the pro game yet, and prospects have been ruined when rushed into the NHL.

He's not. And even if he was, that isnt saying much.

Franzen, Z, Fredo, Weiss, Pavs, and Abs are the top 6 guys now. Bert is out.

Based on what? Abs had very little "top6 level" impact in his top 6 role. He was there to be a Holmstrom cause all the other big bodies were injuried. If you think Abs is a top 6 power forward you are high my friend. Tuzzi may be old but he's the better option over Abby, if either of them are even considered.

I'm assuming if you had your way Zetterberg - "Emdog" - Abby would be your top line lol

Guest The Axe

Based on what? Abs had very little "top6 level" impact in his top 6 role. He was there to be a Holmstrom cause all the other big bodies were injuried. If you think Abs is a top 6 power forward you are high my friend. Tuzzi may be old but he's the better option over Abby, if either of them are even considered.

I'm assuming if you had your way Zetterberg - "Emdog" - Abby would be your top line lol

Abs led our team in even strength goals. Give him PP minutes, and he leads in goals, period.

If I hady way:

Helm-Dats-Abby

Fredo-Franzen-Zetterberg

Nyquist-Weiss-Tatar

Miller-Emdog-Ericsson

Kronwall-Dekeyser

Quincey-Smith

Kindl-Lashoff

Howard

Gustavsson

Abs led our team in even strength goals. Give him PP minutes, and he leads in goals, period.

If I hady way:

Helm-Dats-Abby

Fredo-Franzen-Zetterberg

Nyquist-Weiss-Tatar

Miller-Emdog-Ericsson

Kronwall-Dekeyser

Quincey-Smith

Kindl-Lashoff

Howard

Gustavsson

You'd take a dman and put him as forward on a team with a dearth of d and a plethora of forwards?

Put down the crack pipe, my friend, and step away from the computer. Now pretend not to notice that I've pocketed it. (j/k, btw)

I'm not sold yet on Lashoff as a full timer. I think he'll do well, but I don't want to have to rely on him as a regular. I'd rather see him work in now and again at number 6 so they can see where he needs work and address it.

I know Jonny was a forward once, but I wouldn't put him there when we have Eaves that could play (or Tootoo, Bert, or Sammy*).

*subject to change without notice.

Edited by 55fan

If I hady way:

Helm-Dats-Abby

Fredo-Franzen-Zetterberg

Nyquist-Weiss-Tatar

Miller-Emdog-Ericsson

Kronwall-Dekeyser

Quincey-Smith

Kindl-Lashoff

Howard

Gustavsson

That's one of the dumbest lineups I've ever seen. You're making the best forward a checking line center and the vet defensive dman a checking line wing.

Guest The Axe

I really like the idea of dressing 7 defensemen and using one up front. Ericsson, Kronwall, Kindl, and Smith could all play wing.

I really like the idea of dressing 7 defensemen and using one up front. Ericsson, Kronwall, Kindl, and Smith could all play wing.

1) It's not really that easy.

2) that takes one of the better d men off defense.

3) if it was such a great idea it would be done regularly

He has no experience at the pro game yet, and prospects have been ruined when rushed into the NHL.

They've also been ruined when left in the ahl too long, but that never stopped the wings before. We took a chance with Stevie and a few others and it worked out well for us. Why not mantha if he can put 15-20 pounds on

Guest The Axe

They've also been ruined when left in the ahl too long, but that never stopped the wings before. We took a chance with Stevie and a few others and it worked out well for us. Why not mantha if he can put 15-20 pounds on

I agree. I cant stand it when people factor in Bertuzzi/Sammy into our line ups. They are not helping. Play the kids and get them battle tested as soon as possible.