• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Leftovers

Rate this topic

You'd take a dman and put him as forward on a team with a dearth of d and a plethora of forwards?

Put down the crack pipe, my friend, and step away from the computer. Now pretend not to notice that I've pocketed it. (j/k, btw)

I'm not sold yet on Lashoff as a full timer. I think he'll do well, but I don't want to have to rely on him as a regular. I'd rather see him work in now and again at number 6 so they can see where he needs work and address it.

I know Jonny was a forward once, but I wouldn't put him there when we have Eaves that could play (or Tootoo, Bert, or Sammy*).

*subject to change without notice.

To add to your point, why would we have our BEST shutdown Dman as a 4th line winger?? Some of the lines are intriguing, but the 4th line is just absurd with Ericsson on it where he now truly belongs on a line with Kronwall.

Nikolai Antropov to the KHL.

A lot of players are bolting.

Good riddance. He is a lazy floating sack of crap. The Jets will surely be better without him.

Not buying out Bertuzzi and waiting too long with Samuelson was for sure a mistake but it happened and their is nothing the Wings can do about it now. Let's just hope the Alfredsson signing doesn't bite them in the ...Philly is really impressive they from caphell to caphell, Holmer better is hoping for a huge cap increase otherwise their offseason accompt nothing

We can debate not buying out Bertuzzi, but Sammy was outside of Holland's control. Sammy screwed the team by declaring an injury that probably doesn't exist, and you apparently weren't allowed to buy out an injured player.

Not buying out Bertuzzi and waiting too long with Samuelson was for sure a mistake but it happened and their is nothing the Wings can do about it now. Let's just hope the Alfredsson signing doesn't bite them in the ...Philly is really impressive they from caphell to caphell, Holmer better is hoping for a huge cap increase otherwise their offseason accompt nothing

We can debate not buying out Bertuzzi, but Sammy was outside of Holland's control. Sammy screwed the team by declaring an injury that probably doesn't exist, and you apparently weren't allowed to buy out an injured player.

He has a torn pectoral muscle. Fact.

Guest The Axe

He has a torn pectoral muscle. Fact.

Sammy could still take the 2 mil and retire on good terms with the Wings.

They've also been ruined when left in the ahl too long, but that never stopped the wings before. We took a chance with Stevie and a few others and it worked out well for us. Why not mantha if he can put 15-20 pounds on

Ok, but the number of 'Stevie and a few others' is vastly outweighed by the number for which it didn;t work out and for which it was a mistake. I'm not saying you're wrong. You might be right.... we're most likely not going to find out one way or the other. But, odds are... you are wrong.

Plus, seriously.... how many times does anyone have to bring up the fact that we have too many forwards on this team? There isn't a spot for him right now.

Ok, but the number of 'Stevie and a few others' is vastly outweighed by the number for which it didn;t work out and for which it was a mistake. I'm not saying you're wrong. You might be right.... we're most likely not going to find out one way or the other. But, odds are... you are wrong.

Plus, seriously.... how many times does anyone have to bring up the fact that we have too many forwards on this team? There isn't a spot for him right now.

Ya we have too many forwards, but if the situation arises where we trade several guys and have an opening on wing I'd like to see what mantha can bring

Guest The Axe

Ya we have too many forwards, but if the situation arises where we trade several guys and have an opening on wing I'd like to see what mantha can bring

It wouldnt hurt to give him 5-10 games on the big club over the next 2 years until he matures.

Yzerman was a top 5 pick whose game was based on his skating ability coming onto a not so good team.

Mantha is a mid 1st round pick who is projected to be a big bodied forward but is too skinny to do that and needs to improve his work ethic coming onto a team expecting to at least make a push for the conference finals.

See a difference?

Guest The Axe

Yzerman was a top 5 pick whose game was based on his skating ability coming onto a not so good team.Mantha is a mid 1st round pick who is projected to be a big bodied forward but is too skinny to do that and needs to improve his work ethic coming onto a team expecting to at least make a push for the conference finals.See a difference?

While I agree with your overall sentiment, there's still something to be said for youth.

Guest The Axe

5 of 7 d men are under 30 and one of the projected forward lines will have 3 rookies. That's plenty of youth.

Exactly! Why do you think we are getting better?!!!