• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

It's time - to predict 2014 Team USA

Rate this topic

I wonder if Poile and the gang are starting to reconsider their decision to giver Burnside "unprecedented access" to their decision making process? Not because they would have done things differently, but because it's becoming a bigger headache than it ever needed to be.

I wonder if Poile and the gang are starting to reconsider their decision to giver Burnside "unprecedented access" to their decision making process? Not because they would have done things differently, but because it's becoming a bigger headache than it ever needed to be.

I'm sure they're regretting it big time. From the get-go, Burnside was probably drooling at the prospects of uncovering and printing some controversial info. from these meetings while Poile and Co. were too busy patting themselves on the back for giving the nation a glimpse inside the selection process for the team to realize the possible consequences.

I'm sure they're regretting it big time. From the get-go, Burnside was probably drooling at the prospects of uncovering and printing some controversial info. from these meetings while Poile and Co. were too busy patting themselves on the back for giving the nation a glimpse inside the selection process for the team to realize the possible consequences.

Dean Lombardi and Shero managed to do their job without insulting other players, so Burke only has himself to blame for this.

Everybody is making it seem like Burke said he hates Ryan or something. Burke said Ryan isn't intense. Guess what? He's not. That was Ken Holland's knock on him last year too, so it's not like Burke is the only one who said so.

Also, Brian Burke drafted Ryan. So obviously there must be something about his game that he liked. It's not unreasonable to think that Burke could both want Ryan on the team and be vocally critical about Ryan's perceived shortcomings in a brainstorm session with Team USA big wigs. The two are not mutually exclusive. Hell, Brian Burke is vocally critical of just about everything on earth...that's what he does. There's no conspiracy, Burke had the most experience dealing with Ryan. He told the other guys about his shortfalls. At the end of the day, he wanted Ryan, and more of the other guys didn't. That's how the process should work.

Guest RyaN_84

It started out as friendly ribbing so I initially let it be. But then it derailed the entire thread and turned into outright trolling, so let's keep it on topic about Team USA.

You can save the friendly taunts for the Olympic GDT's ;)

my apologies.

we can't say who's better until the games start, so may the best team win.