• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

It's time - to predict 2014 Team Canada

Rate this topic

My god I'm excited to see this roster play.

Don't even care which people skate because they're all amazing.

GO CANADA

I'm predicting a repeat that shocks everyone because of how unlikely a repeat is.

Guest RyaN_84

announcement made!

Goaltenders: Roberto Luongo, Carey Price, Mike Smith

Defence: Jay Bouwmeester, Drew Doughty, Dan Hamhuis, Duncan Keith, Alex Pietrangelo, PK Subban, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Shea Weber
Forwards: Jamie Benn, Patrice Bergeron, Jeff Carter, Sidney Crosby, Matt Duchene, Ryan Getzlaf, Chris Kunitz, Patrick Marleau, Rick Nash, Corey Perry, Patrick Sharp, Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, Jonathan Toews

nash is a headscratcher...and no thornton? no seabrook?

per tsn.ca

Edited by RyaN_84

Can't believe Stevie left St. Louis home again. That's gotta cause a rift in Tampa. Also, Marleau and Carter over Giroux is a bit nuts to me. Hamhuis being on the team is a question mark too.

How could I forget that, not having G iroux on the roster is a headscratcher. Kunitz is only on the team thanks to Cindy

Edited by frankgrimes

Haha, Canada's roster decisions are always a three ringed circus. They have to create a roster that satisfied public opinion. Imagine if the Canadians left off their best scorer and offensive d-man in the name of roster cohesion? The masses would festoon the Houses of Parliament with Stevie Y's entrails. They're going to put together an all-star team just so everybody can drool over how nice their roster looks, and then the Americans are going to skate them into the ground.

Edit: I was typing this before the roster was released. Haha, I love it. We're going to murder this team. They're big, but they won't skate for s***. And, as expected the roster is full of superstars who are popular with the fans but not having particularly great years.

Edited by kipwinger

Guest RyaN_84

and i am suprised no couture either.!!

i knew subban would be on it. honestly he deserves it.

it would be talked about for a long time if subban hadn't of made it.

and weber as well. i dont know how i feel with him on the roster

Edited by RyaN_84

Haha, Canada's roster decisions are always a three ringed circus. They have to create a roster that satisfied public opinion. Imagine if the Canadians left off their best scorer and offensive d-man in the name of roster cohesion? The masses would festoon the Houses of Parliament with Stevie Y's entrails. They're going to put together an all-star team just so everybody can drool over how nice their roster looks, and then the Americans are going to skate them into the ground.

Edit: I was typing this before the roster was released. Haha, I love it. We're going to murder this team. They're big, but they won't skate for s***. And, as expected the roster is full of superstars who are popular with the fans but not having particularly great years.

Bring it :)

I cannot wait for a Canada vs USA showdown lol. It is always a lot of fun!

Bring it :)

I cannot wait for a Canada vs USA showdown lol. It is always a lot of fun!

s***, we split with you in Vancouver on North American ice (which clearly favored the bigger team compared to the faster one). On international ice your boys are going to get pretty tired chasing around guys who can actually skate. Huge mistake taking too many of Benn, Carter, Getz, Perry, Nash, Marleau, etc. Should have stuck with guys like Couture, Giroux, etc.

Your boys are going to be gassed.

Edited by kipwinger

Guest RyaN_84

s***, we split with you in Vancouver on North American ice (which clearly favored the bigger team compared to the faster one). On international ice your boys are going to get pretty tired chasing around guys who can actually skate. Huge mistake taking too many of Getz, Perry, Nash, Marleau, etc. Should have stuck with guys like Couture, Giroux, etc.

Your boys are going to be gassed.

well to be fair i think couture was left off was because of his injury.

and are you really seriously think USA stands a chance against Canadas team?! :lol::hysterical::taunt::hysterical:

i laugh

Edited by RyaN_84

well to be fair i think couture was left off was because of his injury.

and are you really seriously think USA stands a chance against Canadas team?! :lol::hysterical::taunt::hysterical:

i laugh

That's what all you guys said last time too, right before we beat you once and took you to overtime the second time around. Laugh all you want, but you guys won on North American ice in 2010. On international ice you're screwed because everybody in Canada still believes that bigger is better.

Smash us like you did in 2002 and 2010 bawd.

Guest RyaN_84

steve yzerman choked up a bit did anyone else catch that?
was it just nerves or was their any reason?