- Bergeron, Carter

Keith Doughty

Bouwmeester Pietrangelo

Vlasic Weber

- Hamhuis, Subban

Luongo

Price

Smith

Some glaring oversights. I can only imagine what the press up there is ranting about at this very moment.

Also, if Croatia had qualified, Lucic could play, right? That would be fun to see.

Depends if he has played for any TC team before, if so he would not b e able to play.

That's what all you guys said last time too, right before we beat you once and took you to overtime the second time around. Laugh all you want, but you guys won on North American ice in 2010. On international ice you're screwed because everybody in Canada still believes that bigger is better.

Pretty sure Ryan Miller had a lot more to do with that than anything. Brodeur was awful in the first game vs the US. You better hope Miller can repeat that performance because that's the only shot Team USA has.

Edit: At medaling in general, not particularly against Canada

Edited by marcaractac

Depends if he has played for any TC team before, if so he would not b e able to play.

Not sure about that. Petr Nedved played in the Olympics for Canada 20 years ago and he will play this year for the Czechs.

Thornton is 4th in points and 1st in assists how does he not get on this team??

Lack of skating ability

Pretty sure Ryan Miller had a lot more to do with that than anything. Brodeur was awful in the first game vs the US. You better hope Miller can repeat that performance because that's the only shot Team USA has.

Edit: At medaling in general, not particularly against Canada

Well, first of all we've got Quick this time and he's better. Secondly, as previously mentioned (and repeatedly ignored by you guys), the difference this time is that we'll be on international ice. In Vancouver they played on North American ice. Olympic ice will favor teams that can skate, and we can do that. We're also much better in terms of team defense than Canada, and we've got plenty of scoring (obviously not as much as you guys, but enough).

Scoff and be patronizing all you want. At the end of the day I see a Canadian team with a ton of firepower, but not a lot of anything else. Problem is, there's only one puck to go around and you've got a team full of guys that need it to be effective. Plus you're slow. And nobody on your team, including your defensemen, play defense.

Hamhuis over Seabrook is just wow. Also I'm surprised that Lucic hasn't made it, the guy is a rugged physical mammoth, Lucic - Getzlaf - Perry would have been a nightmare to play against.

I agree with that. Seabrook and Keith have 2 Stanley Cups on a line together and Seabrook won WJ gold with half that team too. Canada also has no real shutdown line. Bergeron can't do it all himself and Toews will be in a scoring role with Sharp. I would have had a 4th line behind that 3rd line you have of Lucic-Getzlaf-Perry of Ladd-Bergeron-Richards. Have fun against that line. Couture should have been named to the team as well over guys like Marleau, Kunitz, Carter and Nash. Carter and Nash won't do well on the big ice, Kunitz is useless if Crosby gets injured and shouldn't be on an Olympic 1st line regardless and Marleau is getting old and should hand the reigns over to Couture, a younger player that will also do much better on the big ice with his speed, just like Duchene. Canada will have to win running 3 lines and sitting the guys that can't keep up.

Hamhuis over Seabrook is just wow. Also I'm surprised that Lucic hasn't made it, the guy is a rugged physical mammoth, Lucic - Getzlaf - Perry would have been a nightmare to play against.

I agree with that. Seabrook and Keith have 2 Stanley Cups on a line together and Seabrook won WJ gold with half that team too. Canada also has no real shutdown line. Bergeron can't do it all himself and Toews will be in a scoring role with Sharp. I would have had a 4th line behind that 3rd line you have of Lucic-Getzlaf-Perry of Ladd-Bergeron-Richards. Have fun against that line. Couture should have been named to the team as well over guys like Marleau, Kunitz, Carter and Nash. Carter and Nash won't do well on the big ice, Kunitz is useless if Crosby gets injured and shouldn't be on an Olympic 1st line regardless and Marleau is getting old and should hand the reigns over to Couture, a younger player that will also do much better on the big ice with his speed, just like Duchene. Canada will have to win running 3 lines and sitting the guys that can't keep up.

Agreed, all this talk about chemistry and then not picking the arguable two best pairings in the world is just dumb. Provide Weber with Doughty and this defense is killer from the get go. The only ! positive of having Kunitz there, is the chemistry with Crosby other than that, meh.

The thing with Nash is this:

He can play top 6 minutes but thanks to his size also fulfill bottom duties (checking, shutdown type of stuff) so I understand the thought process of that. St. Louis needs to be a top 6 guy, he can't fulfill the bottom 6 job maybe that worked against him. Giroux was obviously held back by his horrible start.

Benn, Marleaux are very questionable to me..

Well, first of all we've got Quick this time and he's better. Secondly, as previously mentioned (and repeatedly ignored by you guys), the difference this time is that we'll be on international ice. In Vancouver they played on North American ice. Olympic ice will favor teams that can skate, and we can do that. We're also much better in terms of team defense than Canada, and we've got plenty of scoring (obviously not as much as you guys, but enough).

Scoff and be patronizing all you want. At the end of the day I see a Canadian team with a ton of firepower, but not a lot of anything else. Problem is, there's only one puck to go around and you've got a team full of guys that need it to be effective. Plus you're slow. And nobody on your team, including your defensemen, play defense.

A) IMO Miller will start over Quick. Whether he keeps the starting spot or not we will see.

B) It has not been ignored. We realize Sochi is in Russia. Yes, this means they will be playing on International Ice. With that in mind I find it shocking that you consider a team with the likes of Marleau, Crosby, Keith, Duchene, Bouwmeester, Stamkos and Carter to be "slow".

C) It's amazing that you are so confident that your team is "much better" at team defence considering we have Toews, Bergeron, Marleau, Duchene, Keith, Vlasic, Hamhuis, Doughty, Pietrangelo and Weber on our roster.

D) Yes you are right, we can light the lamp.

E) I believe you are living in the past and analyzing the roster we sent to Turin in 2006. Do yourself a favour and google our current roster or check it out on NHL.com. While we are talking history it has been 34 years since Team USA last won Olympic Gold while us Canadians have enjoyed Gold in two of the last three Olympics.

A) IMO Miller will start over Quick. Whether he keeps the starting spot or not we will see.

B) It has not been ignored. We realize Sochi is in Russia. Yes, this means they will be playing on International Ice. With that in mind I find it shocking that you consider a team with the likes of Marleau, Crosby, Keith, Duchene, Bouwmeester, Stamkos and Carter to be "slow".

C) It's amazing that you are so confident that your team is "much better" at team defence considering we have Toews, Bergeron, Marleau, Duchene, Keith, Vlasic, Hamhuis, Doughty, Pietrangelo and Weber on our roster.

D) Yes you are right, we can light the lamp.

E) I believe you are living in the past and analyzing the roster we sent to Turin in 2006. Do yourself a favour and google our current roster or check it out on NHL.com. While we are talking history it has been 34 years since Team USA last won Olympic Gold while us Canadians have enjoyed Gold in two of the last three Olympics.

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see won't we?

Just saw this line up of Canada's cuts on twitter:

Hall Thornton St. Louis

Couture Giroux Neal

Skinner E. Stall Eberle

Lucic Seguin Iginla

M. Richards Mackinnon

Phaneuf Letang

Campbell Seabrook

Giordano Boyle

Beauchemin M. Staal

Crawford

Fleury

Harding

That's still a damn good line up!

Seabrook is slow, and is a right handed shot. Hamhuis is an excellent skater and a left handed shot, he also played with Weber for quite some time in Nashville. I'm guessing that's why they brought him - oh, and he's better than Seabrook. He also dominated the WHC last year.

Nash is one of Canada's best international tournament players of this decade.. that's the reason he's on this team. Jeff Carter is fast and a pure goal scorer, something this team needs. Right handed shot as well. Kunitz is not useless without Crosby and Marleau is fast and one of the better 2 way players Canada has. Babcock loves him because of this. I like Couture too, but obviously they're worried about his surgery.

Sharp, Marleau, Bergeron, Toews, Nash, Kunitz, Carter are all very good two-way players capable of playing shut down roles.

I feel like you don't actually watch much of anyone you've commented on.

Lucic on big ice? Christ.

It's pretty obvious they went for a team with big bodies that can skate & fill multiple roles. Their selections are pretty spot on if that's the criteria.

Edited by Tr!PoD#19

Think you should be more worried about your own team. Canada will be perfectly fine, USA on the other hand....

Good try, but you got to the party a little late for the trash talking. I get it, Canada has a bunch of all-stars. Nobody else could ever possibly field a team with players as good as Jamie Benn, Dan Hamhuis, Matt Duchene, and Jay Bouwmeester. Those guys are all like...generational talents. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to battle it out with the other mere mortals for second.

Good try, but you got to the party a little late for the trash talking. I get it, Canada has a bunch of all-stars. Nobody else could ever possibly field a team with players as good as Jamie Benn, Dan Hamhuis, Matt Duchene, and Jay Bouwmeester. Those guys are all like...generational talents. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to battle it out with the other mere mortals for second.

We get it your envious for some reason, probably losing the gold in 2010. Not once did I even say Canada was going to win. I still think Sweden or Russia will win gold. Canada will however beat the USA so you can stay mad.

We get it your envious for some reason, probably losing the gold in 2010. Not once did I even say Canada was going to win. I still think Sweden or Russia will win gold. Canada will however beat the USA so you can stay mad.

Yep, you nailed it. I'm sooooo mad. Grrrrr, I haven't slept a wink since 2010. Nice try.

Lucic may not be the fastest skater, but the guy provides size, physicality and intimidation not one team in the whole tournament has someone like him. Backes is tough but he wouldn't stand a chance against Milan Lucic.

Lucic - Getzlaf - Perry to me was a completely no brainer that line, would have scored, dominated and shut down other top lines no Benn, Marleau and Kunitz don't have that element in their game. Kunitz is just there well because he is Cindys Winger.

Instead of havin to form one defensive pairing, they now have to form two Weber + and Keith + ? Seabrook should have been on that team, with either Hamhuis or Subban as an emergency replacement.

Personally I also feel sorry for MSL, these are obviously his last Olympics and his own GM doesn't stand up for him, personally I would be pissed and ask for a trade.

Lucic may not be the fastest skater, but the guy provides size, physicality and intimidation not one team in the whole tournament has someone like him. Backes is tough but he wouldn't stand a chance against Milan Lucic.

Were you expecting a lot of fights at the Olympics? Because in no other way is Lucic a better hockey player than a guy like Backes, and he's infinitely less suited for the Olympics than any of the big forwards that Canada chose (Benn, Carter, Nash, Marleau, Perry, or Getzlaf).

Seabrook is slow, and is a right handed shot. Hamhuis is an excellent skater and a left handed shot, he also played with Weber for quite some time in Nashville. I'm guessing that's why they brought him - oh, and he's better than Seabrook. He also dominated the WHC last year.

Nash is one of Canada's best international tournament players of this decade.. that's the reason he's on this team. Jeff Carter is fast and a pure goal scorer, something this team needs. Right handed shot as well. Kunitz is not useless without Crosby and Marleau is fast and one of the better 2 way players Canada has. Babcock loves him because of this. I like Couture too, but obviously they're worried about his surgery.

Sharp, Marleau, Bergeron, Toews, Nash, Kunitz, Carter are all very good two-way players capable of playing shut down roles.

I feel like you don't actually watch much of anyone you've commented on.

Lucic on big ice? Christ.

It's pretty obvious they went for a team with big bodies that can skate & fill multiple roles. Their selections are pretty spot on if that's the criteria.

I actually watch a ridiculous amount of hockey with all players involved and followed the majority since they were in Jr. Nash is not good 2 way and is slower than Lucic and isn't as physical and has been kinda junk since going to the Rangers. I'd take Richards or Ladd over him for pure grit, compete level and momentum stealing and creating.