• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukian-Deke

Tootoo back to Nashville?

Rate this topic

There have been talks about sending Tootoo back to Nashville to free up some cap space and help the log jam at the forward position.

The article also talks about the Red Wings interest in Torontos Cody Fransen on defense.

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/nhl/detroit-red-wings/story/Tootoo-back-to-Nashville?blockID=924101&feedID=3804

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

I think somewhere like Phoenix, Carolina, Washington or even Winnipeg would make more sense. Nashville has like 14 forwards, and Clune/Hendricks address their "enforcer" role.

As far as Franson, I can't see Toronto moving him to a divisional rival. Not to mention, Quincey would probably be the most likely candidate to be moved the other way and I'm not sure why Toronto would want him over Franson.

I think somewhere like Phoenix, Carolina, Washington or even Winnipeg would make more sense. Nashville has like 14 forwards, and Clune/Hendricks address their "enforcer" role.

As far as Franson, I can't see Toronto moving him to a divisional rival. Not to mention, Quincey would probably be the most likely candidate to be moved the other way and I'm not sure why Toronto would want him over Franson.

To get Franson it would most likely look like Quincey, a mid level prospect (ferraro, Sheenan), and a mid level pick. They get quincey for a year to mitigate the loss of Franson and then their prospect and pick. But I don't see Detroit ever going through with that because their goal is to get rid of excess forwards which would not be accomplished in that trade.