• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

There have been talks about sending Tootoo back to Nashville to free up some cap space and help the log jam at the forward position.

The article also talks about the Red Wings interest in Torontos Cody Fransen on defense.

http://www.foxsports...101&feedID=3804

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke, 27 July 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#2 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

I don't see them getting a d. They don't need to shed cap space either. Once they drop 2 guys they'll be ok

Edited by DickieDunn, 27 July 2013 - 08:32 PM.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#3 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

From what I've gathered it sounds as though there's not much "factual news" taking place so some writers conjure something up to help pass the time...I guess that's ok...

Personally - I'd rather keep Tootoo a Red Wing, and buy out, or send down to the AHL guys like Sammy/Bert/Emdog...

As for the "rumor" of Detroit having interest in Franson (another ex-Pred) - sure the Maple Leafs are struggling to keep their roster under budget, but I'm guessing a deal will get done since he's been a solid 2nd pairing Dman with both clubs (Preds/Leafs)...Not sure what Holland would send back to Toronto, and besides - would we have a log jam on D if Franson became a Wing?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#4 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,816 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

Moved to Rumor Mill...

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#5 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

Franson is a RHD... could be future with DeKe
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#6 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if we have had talks about sending Tootoo back to Nashville. 

Franson rumor is, well, interesting. He did have a pretty decent season last year all things considering...

#7 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

I think somewhere like Phoenix, Carolina, Washington or even Winnipeg would make more sense. Nashville has like 14 forwards, and Clune/Hendricks address their "enforcer" role. 

As far as Franson, I can't see Toronto moving him to a divisional rival. Not to mention, Quincey would probably be the most likely candidate to be moved the other way and I'm not sure why Toronto would want him over Franson.

#8 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

I think somewhere like Phoenix, Carolina, Washington or even Winnipeg would make more sense. Nashville has like 14 forwards, and Clune/Hendricks address their "enforcer" role. 

As far as Franson, I can't see Toronto moving him to a divisional rival. Not to mention, Quincey would probably be the most likely candidate to be moved the other way and I'm not sure why Toronto would want him over Franson.

To get Franson it would most likely look like Quincey, a mid level prospect (ferraro, Sheenan), and a mid level pick. They get quincey for a year to mitigate the loss of Franson and then their prospect and pick. But I don't see Detroit ever going through with that because their goal is to get rid of excess forwards which would not be accomplished in that trade. 

#9 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

Of course we should keep Sammy who couldn't stay healthy at all last season and pay him $3 mill. While we get rid of any actual muscle we have, going into a more physical division. I hope these are only rumors. 

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s