• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilmrt

Pierre McGuire's past that NBC doesn't want you to know about

Rate this topic

Well Milburry is just an idiot not a Mcguire fan eirher but at least he doesn't clme of as a complete clown. He is one of the worst TSN analysts and more often than not completely of base with his thoughts.

Basically I view Pierre as a lesser version of Tortarella but Milburry is jist a joke.

I breathe with a sigh of relief anytime I see that Pierre isn't covering any hockey game I watch. If he's on, I mute it and put on some music or something. Good for him he knows every guy's career since they laced their first pair of skates up. I don't need to hear about it every time a guy touches the puck. He's so incredibly annoying.

Guest Crymson

McGuire and Olczyk are both terrible. It's ridiculous that they're part of NBC's #1 announce team.

Folks, I know it's the off season and we're all bored, but PLEASE, I'm begging you, stay on the topic at hand. I had to delete FOUR pages of crap from the Brunner thread yesterday and a page and a half of crap from this one.

If you want to debate something not germane to the subject, do it via PMs. If you have nothing to add to the conversation other than an emoticon or "in before the lock" or something equally useless, don't post. And, as always, please be respectful in your interactions.

Carry on.

I think the thing to take away from this was that he was a bad coach, or that it was a bad fit for him from the Whalers. How many of us have been in a job where we were not respected or where the management or employees didn't like us? I think all of us have been in a situation like that at least once if you have been in the workforce. Pierre is now a respected analyst who is on TSN, NHL Network, and has a gig on NBC. Sure, not everyone likes him but I think he does a decent job. Hell, I think that he is less biased than Eddie. The fans who want homer announcers aren't going to like him.

As for his past, who cares. So he did a bad job as a coach, or it wasn't a good fit. Its not like he had a drug problem or raped someone.

I think the thing to take away from this was that he was a bad coach, or that it was a bad fit for him from the Whalers. How many of us have been in a job where we were not respected or where the management or employees didn't like us? I think all of us have been in a situation like that at least once if you have been in the workforce. Pierre is now a respected analyst who is on TSN, NHL Network, and has a gig on NBC.

He's not respected by the players, even today. I think that says it all.

As for his past, who cares. So he did a bad job as a coach, or it wasn't a good fit. Its not like he had a drug problem or raped someone.

Uh...OK. That statements not hypocritical at all, lol. Who here would even care if he had a drug problem in his past. I'd probably rather someone who used to have a drug problem than someone who used to be (and may still be) a complete nut and threw temper tantrums all the time.

Edited by sleepwalker

SI posted this link this morning. Apparently someone dug this up, and its making the rounds online. I know this was quite a while ago....but I'm shocked that Pierre is still in hockey after things like this. I guess NBC didn't take the time to vet him, or they just didn't care. Apologies to anyone who already knew this, but this has some gems that I couldn't pass up:

You could probably post this same info on many coaches. For some reason, Patrick Roy comes to mind.

He's not respected by the players, even today. I think that says it all.

http://www.themontrealeronline.com/2007/10/pierre-mcguire/

He is more respected than you think.

Uh...OK. That statements not hypocritical at all, lol. Who here would even care if he had a drug problem in his past. I'd probably rather someone who used to have a drug problem than someone who used to be (and may still be) a complete nut and threw temper tantrums all the time.

Only hypocritical if you actually believe it. I am just saying that I would at least understand if people hated Mcguire if he did those things. Personally, I don't give a crap. Its easy to judge people and I don't spend time doing that.