• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

Winnipeg re-signs RFA D Zach Bogosian to 7yr/36m contract

Rate this topic

Wow... that Bogosian contract is absurd. He's done *nothing* to earn that cap hit or term. Honestly, Bogosian didn't deserve more than a 4mil cap hit over 5 years. If he wanted 7 years he shouldn't have gotten much more than 3.5mil per.

These last two contracts by Winnipeg could imbalance the market for RFAs the way the Drury/Briere NY/Philly contracts did for UFAs way back.

I don't see the outrage here, they are paying for potential, and its not like the Jets have any worries about cap space. Lets judge this contract in 3 years.

I don't see the outrage here, they are paying for potential, and its not like the Jets have any worries about cap space. Lets judge this contract in 3 years.

Right, and according to 95% of the Jets fans online, they are all very pleased with this deal. And since they watch the guy play every night, im gonna go ahead and agree with them. Good move for the present and future of the Jets blue line.

Guest Crymson

Darn, Holland could have had this guy in 2011 in exchange for Hudler and Ericsson!

(Note: not actually true)

Right, and according to 95% of the Jets fans online, they are all very pleased with this deal. And since they watch the guy play every night, im gonna go ahead and agree with them. Good move for the present and future of the Jets blue line.

I don't understand the outrage either most Winnipeg Jets fans are fine with the signing, this could easily turn into a steal 3 years from now. Bogosian is a very promising player he has great size and is still fairly young. The times of players giving hometown discounts are a thing of the past, thanks to the lockout and owners not sticking up for their players.

Also I think the desl is very fair the Jets are paying for potential and for and for 2 years of UFA. A guy like Pietrangelo absolutely has to love this contract, he eill easily get around 7,5 aav and that may be too much for the Blues :-D

The only thing that bothers me with this deal. And all of the free agent period so far. Is that the lockout was suppose to lower these contracts. When it is still the same as before with owners shelling out cash. I personally prefer over paying players. (Mostly because I hate baseball and think hockey players are better athletes) but if the owners pitched a fit over salaries why do they continue to jump right back to their pre lockout trend

It was clear from the get go that players wouldn't give discounts they have lost money and now want to get it back just like the owners. Also comparing pre to post lockout salaries doesn't work, because GMs can't get creative with the contracts anymore, thanks to crap like variance and 7 or 8 years limits.

So 5,145 aav is really not that bad at all for a guy like Bogosian. If I were a Jets fan I only would be worried about bringing the whole team back, so far their roster has underachieved so change wouldn't be a bad thing.

Wow... that Bogosian contract is absurd. He's done *nothing* to earn that cap hit or term. Honestly, Bogosian didn't deserve more than a 4mil cap hit over 5 years. If he wanted 7 years he shouldn't have gotten much more than 3.5mil per.

These last two contracts by Winnipeg could imbalance the market for RFAs the way the Drury/Briere NY/Philly contracts did for UFAs way back.

Bogosian has been steadily improving over the past 3 seasons once he started getting ice time. He had a wrist injury and then came back and played awesome. He's got a cannon from the point on the PP as well. He'd be the perfect guy for the Wings... Same goes for Wheeler. He'll likely be around a point per game this season. The only problem with the Jets is they need Jokinen's contract to expire, which it will after this season and they need to spend that money on the #1 centre that they're missing. Both signings will be very good for the Jets long term and it shows that Jets management wants core players like Bogo and Wheeler in Winnipeg as cornerstones, and those are very good ones. If any trades are made in the future with the Jets D, it'll likely include Enstrom over any of those other guys. Especially with Trouba set to make the team.