• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
turbowhistle86

Blackhawks selling melted ice from Finals

Rate this topic

Hey, if it's for charity, the "lame" factor goes out the window. Good for them.

Still not going to buy it, but it ranks higher on my list of "things that sound stupid but aren't".

At least it isn't the melted "gold" ice Nashville had for their fan day.

I will say that any lameness is likely due to it being Chicago selling it. Like an earlier poster said, if it was from a Wings' cup victory a lot more of us would be down with it.

At least it isn't the melted "gold" ice Nashville had for their fan day.

I will say that any lameness is likely due to it being Chicago selling it. Like an earlier poster said, if it was from a Wings' cup victory a lot more of us would be down with it.

I'd buy the Nashville pee ice water

If you guys think this is a new concept, guess again. It's been happening since the closing of Maple Leaf Gardens and probably about half of the teams that have won the cup since then have done this type of promotion. Just browsing through eBay, I can tell you that the Rangers, Avs, Stars, Lightning, Kings, and now Hawks have done it.

Guest Playmaker

If I recall correctly, they filmed the entire process of the ice melting and putting into the tubes, etc. So it is what it says it is. Good for the Hawks for coming up with a good way to raise money for charity.

Different sport, but I remember reading about some outrageous sports items people have bought, and I distinctly remember a man paying $10,000 for Luis Gonzalez' chewed up bubble gum which I assume was from the World Series.

People will pay anything for any item related to sports. Good thing about this though is the proceeds go to charity.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

The Packers sold turf from Lambeau and it was huge in Green Bay. Nothing wrong with owning a piece of history and it doesn't make the Packers "not a real team".

Lambeau is grass, if I'm not mistaken. I'm curious now how they sold it. Was it a clump with soil? Or just some grass? Was it preserved somehow? Encased?

I'm a Lions fan through and through, but the Packers have such a great history that I'll root for them unless it hurts the Lions.

Lambeau is grass, if I'm not mistaken. I'm curious now how they sold it. Was it a clump with soil? Or just some grass? Was it preserved somehow? Encased?

I'm a Lions fan through and through, but the Packers have such a great history that I'll root for them unless it hurts the Lions.

Correct. When they sold the turf it was 100% grass and it was sold in a sealed box with the grass/dirt chunk inside plastic. It was essentially just like when you buy sod for a new yard but smaller....roughly 6" wide by 8" long. Some people just kept it preserved in the box while others (like us) planted it in their yards so we had official Lambeau Field grass growing in it. It's a great conversation piece.

Anyway, now the Packers (like most NFL teams) have the 50-50 Mix of grass and artificial turf grass. The mixed artificial turf grass doesn't become a mess during rain/snow games like the old 100% grass fields did.

You know, if they were selling the ice when they won a couple of years ago, I'd kinda understand it, what with breaking the Cup drought. If they were selling ice that they actually won the Cup on, I'd kinda sorta understand that. This is nothing other than end-of-season ice.

You know, if they were selling the ice when they won a couple of years ago, I'd kinda understand it, what with breaking the Cup drought. If they were selling ice that they actually won the Cup on, I'd kinda sorta understand that. This is nothing other than end-of-season ice.

Whoa. This is so true.

No worries, though. That little factoid won't register in their fans' heads.

Until you brought it up, it didn't even register in mine.

Although you have a point about the 2010 cup- water breaking a drought is rather poetic, isn't it?

hahaha well, the title doesn't tell the whole story.... tho i kind of wish it were just a bag of stitches :P

Don’t worry, potential bidders: It’s not just a bag of used wound dressings. The stitches will be professionally framed with an autographed photo of Shaw, and the auction winner gets some other items in the lot as well.