• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

Who in his right mind would.pay a premium for water? Nobody knows if it's even the one from game 6 Hey indians how about selling used drinkwater-bottles from game 6 too? Greedy bastards...

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#22 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

Maybe Datsyuk could sell his "snot rockets" that he's always blowing on the bench.....

#23 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

What makes the Hawks fans, "bandwagon" and not the Wings fans? Anyone who's under 35 has no recollection of the Wings not being a good competitive team. Norris made Wirtz look like Owner of the Year.

#24 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

Come on people. If this was 1997 Stanley Cup ice-water, we'd all wash our brows with it and baptize our children in it. It's only lame because it's the Hawks.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#25 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

I'm pretty sure proceeds go to charity so I'm ok with this.

http://blackhawks.nh...ge.htm?id=90891

Correct.

I am ok with this as well since all the proceeds go to charity.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#26 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,876 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

Hey, if it's for charity, the "lame" factor goes out the window.  Good for them. 

Still not going to buy it, but it ranks higher on my list of "things that sound stupid but aren't".

#27 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

They would quadruple their money if they claimed Justin Bieber stepped on it.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#28 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

At least it isn't the melted "gold" ice Nashville had for their fan day.

I will say that any lameness is likely due to it being Chicago selling it. Like an earlier poster said, if it was from a Wings' cup victory a lot more of us would be down with it.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#29 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

At least it isn't the melted "gold" ice Nashville had for their fan day.

I will say that any lameness is likely due to it being Chicago selling it. Like an earlier poster said, if it was from a Wings' cup victory a lot more of us would be down with it.

I'd buy the Nashville pee ice water

#30 mtuhockey7

mtuhockey7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

If you guys think this is a new concept, guess again.  It's been happening since the closing of Maple Leaf Gardens and probably about half of the teams that have won the cup since then have done this type of promotion.  Just browsing through eBay, I can tell you that the Rangers, Avs, Stars, Lightning, Kings, and now Hawks have done it.

#31 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

It's only lame because it's the Hawks.

Now you get it.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#32 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

Would love to read the certificate of authenticity.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#33 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

If I recall correctly, they filmed the entire process of the ice melting and putting into the tubes, etc. So it is what it says it is. Good for the Hawks for coming up with a good way to raise money for charity.

#34 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

Different sport, but I remember reading about some outrageous sports items people have bought, and I distinctly remember a man paying $10,000 for Luis Gonzalez' chewed up bubble gum which I assume was from the World Series.

People will pay anything for any item related to sports. Good thing about this though is the proceeds go to charity.

Edited by dropkickshanahans, 02 August 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#35 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

The Packers sold turf from Lambeau and it was huge in Green Bay.  Nothing wrong with owning a piece of history and it doesn't make the Packers "not a real team". 

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#36 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,876 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

The Packers sold turf from Lambeau and it was huge in Green Bay.  Nothing wrong with owning a piece of history and it doesn't make the Packers "not a real team". 

Lambeau is grass, if I'm not mistaken.  I'm curious now how they sold it.  Was it a clump with soil?  Or just some grass?  Was it preserved somehow?  Encased?

I'm a Lions fan through and through, but the Packers have such a great history that I'll root for them unless it hurts the Lions. 

#37 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

Speaking of crappy Chicago teams....just imagine if the Cubs ever win another WS, they'll sell everything down to the urinal trough cakes.

#38 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:56 AM

I can only speak for myself but even if the Wings were doing it, I'd still call it lame because it's ony water. At least they are selling for charity whichnis obviously a good thing.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#39 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

Lambeau is grass, if I'm not mistaken.  I'm curious now how they sold it.  Was it a clump with soil?  Or just some grass?  Was it preserved somehow?  Encased?

I'm a Lions fan through and through, but the Packers have such a great history that I'll root for them unless it hurts the Lions. 

Correct.  When they sold the turf it was 100% grass and it was sold in a sealed box with the grass/dirt chunk inside plastic.  It was essentially just like when you buy sod for a new yard but smaller....roughly 6" wide by 8" long.  Some people just kept it preserved in the box while others (like us) planted it in their yards so we had official Lambeau Field grass growing in it.  It's a great conversation piece.

Anyway, now the Packers (like most NFL teams) have the 50-50 Mix of grass and artificial turf grass.  The mixed artificial turf grass doesn't become a mess during rain/snow games like the old 100% grass fields did.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#40 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

You know, if they were selling the ice when they won a couple of years ago, I'd kinda understand it, what with breaking the Cup drought.  If they were selling ice that they actually won the Cup on, I'd kinda sorta understand that.  This is nothing other than end-of-season ice.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011