• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DyingAlive

Buying First Wings Sweater - Advice wanted

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Don't quit your day-job bro. Those crickets are getting pretty loud huh? ;)

I didnt even know there was an audience! I will step it up.

I got my WC jersey from SportsK (and my first). I highly recommend them

Just got my Datsyuk home jersey from them. Size was great, stitching was very nice and for $100 I couldn't be happier. Makes my nearly 15 year old Nike Yzerman jersey look like a washcloth.

Get them all and peel the grind line off one intermission at a time! You might get hot for the first 2 periods, but you will be the talk of your section.

I was thinking get all three and go with two friends. If said friends are female and very hot, it would be even better as a "grind line".

Guest The Axe

I was thinking get all three and go with two friends. If said friends are female and very hot, it would be even better as a "grind line".

Ha ha ha. I change to what you say!

She's a bit older and probably slow - people just assume its actually Robert coming to see a game. ;)

I have a red Kronwall and a white (game-worn) Lang. When I go to games, I make my mother wear the Lang. No one yells at a 70-year-old lady.

She's a bit older and probably slow - people just assume its actually Robert coming to see a game. ;)

Nah, she's shorter than Robert. Maybe people think that it's his mother or something though.

OK I have to throw this question out there: Am I the only one here who actually prefers the look of the WC Alumni jersey over the WC jersey itself?

I dunno. I know I'm a huge fan of the winter classic jersey. The alumni one is ok, but I prefer the one the team will be wearing

I got a barely worn maltby I'll sell ya. ;)

Not sure if serious..

Good call.

I'll get my girlfriend and one of her friends to go to a game. Thing is, neither my girlfriend or any of her friends know anything about hockey. It'd be more fun if said hot chicks understood the grind line without me having to take half an hour to explain it 3 times.

Guest The Axe

Not sure if serious..

Good call.

I'll get my girlfriend and one of her friends to go to a game. Thing is, neither my girlfriend or any of her friends know anything about hockey. It'd be more fun if said hot chicks understood the grind line without me having to take half an hour to explain it 3 times.

The horozontal line

I have a home Franzen jersey I got in 2008 and I just got a Datsyuk WC jersey less than a week ago. It's great except I got it as a gift for my birthday and it doesn't have the A on the sleeve. I looked them up online and for some reason the Datsyuk jerseys usually don't show A's except on a few rare sites. shop.nhl doesn't have it as well as amazon and many others. Zetterberg jerseys all have the C of course and even Kronwall ones seem to have A's but not the Datsyuk ones. I got the WC patch to sew on myself so I'm sure I could buy the A somewhere but that might be more difficult than it seems at first. If anyone has any idea where I could find such an item, that would be helpful.

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing

Guest The Axe

I have a home Franzen jersey I got in 2008 and I just got a Datsyuk WC jersey less than a week ago. It's great except I got it as a gift for my birthday and it doesn't have the A on the sleeve. I looked them up online and for some reason the Datsyuk jerseys usually don't show A's except on a few rare sites. shop.nhl doesn't have it as well as amazon and many others. Zetterberg jerseys all have the C of course and even Kronwall ones seem to have A's but not the Datsyuk ones. I got the WC patch to sew on myself so I'm sure I could buy the A somewhere but that might be more difficult than it seems at first. If anyone has any idea where I could find such an item, that would be helpful.

Leave the patches off. Cool as is.

Guest The Axe

I will probably leave the WC patch off because I kind of treat it like a SC patch which I would never put on my jerseys but the A and C I feel belongs there...

My Z jersey has no letter because I got it when he had no letter. I still like it.

My Z jersey has no letter because I got it when he had no letter. I still like it.

Same with my Kronner. I wear it as a sign that I was a fan before he made it to the letter-men.

Anyone can wear a current jersey, but only long-time fans can wear the old ones.

Well, them and people who get really lucky at garage sales.

Same with my Kronner. I wear it as a sign that I was a fan before he made it to the letter-men.

Anyone can wear a current jersey, but only long-time fans can wear the old ones.

Well, them and people who get really lucky at garage sales.

Couldn't agree more. Have pre-letter Lids, Hank, & Kronner jerseys in my collection.

I have a Zetterberg jersey I got last year. It has an A on it cause I got a pilot from my work to get it from Shanghai :lol: and it's actually official NHL. I'm gonna get an older WC jersey, a newer WC jersey possibly with any of Helm, Kronwall, Nyquist or even Weiss and I'm really considering getting a black Datsyuk jersey cause they look awesome. I agree with the guys that said get anyone who you honestly think will be a Wing for life or a guy that was an awesome Wing that you can look in the closet before a game and say, yup...wearing Yzerman/Lids/Vladdy/Fedorov or such.

Guest The Axe

Lids? Dang, I'm impressed!

Agree! Pre-letter Yzerman, and I start to have doubts! But Lids without the A is pretty far back and in a time where Wings jerseys weren't all that cool.

Agree! Pre-letter Yzerman, and I start to have doubts! But Lids without the A is pretty far back and in a time where Wings jerseys weren't all that cool.

The Lids home white (at the time) was the first one I bought for myself. My first, a red Howe jersey, was a gift. If I remember correctly, I got the pre-letter Lids the spring before he got an A so I was in just under the wire.

Guest The Axe

The Lids home white (at the time) was the first one I bought for myself. My first, a red Howe jersey, was a gift. If I remember correctly, I got the pre-letter Lids the spring before he got an A so I was in just under the wire.

Youre a badass. Shanny was the first one I got.

Wow, thanks for all the responses. I am pretty sure I will use SportsK. Does anyone have experience with IceJerseys.com? They also use sewn on numbers and lettering and they would be about $2.50 cheaper since SportsK charges shipping.

Very happy that these places do the custom sewn on numbers on the Premiers.

As far as what player, well, I think you guys talked me out of Nyquist. May be a little premature if I want to make sure the jersey has a long life.