• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

I have a home Franzen jersey I got in 2008 and I just got a Datsyuk WC jersey less than a week ago. It's great except I got it as a gift for my birthday and it doesn't have the A on the sleeve. I looked them up online and for some reason the Datsyuk jerseys usually don't show A's except on a few rare sites. shop.nhl doesn't have it as well as amazon and many others. Zetterberg jerseys all have the C of course and even Kronwall ones seem to have A's but not the Datsyuk ones. I got the WC patch to sew on myself so I'm sure I could buy the A somewhere but that might be more difficult than it seems at first. If anyone has any idea where I could find such an item, that would be helpful.

Leave the patches off. Cool as is.

#42 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

Leave the patches off. Cool as is.

I will probably leave the WC patch off because I kind of treat it like a SC patch which I would never put on my jerseys but the A and C I feel belongs there...

#43 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,565 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:44 AM

Excuse me?

Huh?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#44 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

I will probably leave the WC patch off because I kind of treat it like a SC patch which I would never put on my jerseys but the A and C I feel belongs there...

My Z jersey has no letter because I got it when he had no letter. I still like it.

#45 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

My Z jersey has no letter because I got it when he had no letter. I still like it.

Same with my Kronner.  I wear it as a sign that I was a fan before he made it to the letter-men.
Anyone can wear a current jersey, but only long-time fans can wear the old ones. 

Well, them and people who get really lucky at garage sales.

#46 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Same with my Kronner.  I wear it as a sign that I was a fan before he made it to the letter-men.
Anyone can wear a current jersey, but only long-time fans can wear the old ones. 

Well, them and people who get really lucky at garage sales.

Couldn't agree more.  Have pre-letter Lids, Hank, & Kronner jerseys in my collection.

#47 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

Couldn't agree more.  Have pre-letter Lids, Hank, & Kronner jerseys in my collection.

Lids?  Dang, I'm impressed!

#48 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

I have a Zetterberg jersey I got last year.  It has an A on it cause I got a pilot from my work to get it from Shanghai :lol: and it's actually official NHL.  I'm gonna get an older WC jersey, a newer WC jersey possibly with any of Helm, Kronwall, Nyquist or even Weiss and I'm really considering getting a black Datsyuk jersey cause they look awesome.  I agree with the guys that said get anyone who you honestly think will be a Wing for life or a guy that was an awesome Wing that you can look in the closet before a game and say, yup...wearing Yzerman/Lids/Vladdy/Fedorov or such.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#49 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Lids?  Dang, I'm impressed!

Agree! Pre-letter Yzerman, and I start to have doubts! But Lids without the A is pretty far back and in a time where Wings jerseys weren't all that cool.

#50 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

Agree! Pre-letter Yzerman, and I start to have doubts! But Lids without the A is pretty far back and in a time where Wings jerseys weren't all that cool.

The Lids home white (at the time) was the first one I bought for myself.  My first, a red Howe jersey, was a gift.  If I remember correctly, I got the pre-letter Lids the spring before he got an A so I was in just under the wire.

#51 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

The Lids home white (at the time) was the first one I bought for myself.  My first, a red Howe jersey, was a gift.  If I remember correctly, I got the pre-letter Lids the spring before he got an A so I was in just under the wire.

Youre a badass. Shanny was the first one I got.

#52 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

Wow, thanks for all the responses. I am pretty sure I will use SportsK. Does anyone have experience with IceJerseys.com? They also use sewn on numbers and lettering and they would be about $2.50 cheaper since SportsK charges shipping.

Very happy that these places do the custom sewn on numbers on the Premiers.

As far as what player, well, I think you guys talked me out of Nyquist. May be a little premature if I want to make sure the jersey has a long life.

Posted Image

#53 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

Wow, thanks for all the responses. I am pretty sure I will use SportsK. Does anyone have experience with IceJerseys.com? They also use sewn on numbers and lettering and they would be about $2.50 cheaper since SportsK charges shipping.

Very happy that these places do the custom sewn on numbers on the Premiers.

As far as what player, well, I think you guys talked me out of Nyquist. May be a little premature if I want to make sure the jersey has a long life.

To be honest, Pro Player makes the most comfortable jerseys. I picked up my Shanny pro player replica on ebay for 40 bucks a long time ago, and its my favorite to wear everytime. I got a Fischer authentic from ice jerseys back in 04 or somewhere around there, and they ABSOLUTELY NAIL the lettering perfect. My Fischer jersey is perfect. But its beefy because its authentic. Id save the 100 bucks and buy a pro player replica if you can find one.