• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

The Trade at 25.

Rate this topic

Lids became a pimp when he put the wheel on.

When did I ever say lids did not play well? I said there was very little interest in him from other teams or else he would have been picked higher. We either got really lucky waiting till the third round for him or no one knew about him at all

I grew up in California and the Great One trade was substantial on all levels.

Honestly believe Gretzky was the main cause (just for popularity purposes) for San Jose and Anaheim getting NHL teams.

I played roller hockey before ice hockey and probably have to thank Gretzky for that too.

As probably every kid in California in the late 80's who played some sort of hockey should thank the Great One.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Guest The Axe

I grew up in California and the Great One trade was substantial on all levels.

Honestly believe Gretzky was the main cause (just for popularity purposes) for San Jose and Anaheim getting NHL teams.

I played roller hockey before ice hockey and probably have to thank Gretzky for that too.

As probably every kid in California in the late 80's who played some sort of hockey should thank the Great One.

And Bernie Nicholls too.

And Bernie Nicholls too.

Eh as good as Nicholls was he didn't bring the hype nor have the impact that Gretzky brought to LA and the state of Cali.

One of my more memorable NHL games that I was at was watching the Great One tie Howe's goal scoring mark at 801 in San Jose. I'll never forget that crazy game.

The Canucks were in on it too

The best pick was LA IMO, Great state to really bring hockey too. Good for the sport. Was meant to be really. Owners sent the message *anyone can be traded* *heres what happens when you chase money* and California grew tremendously as a hockey state

Guest The Axe

The best pick was LA IMO, Great state to really bring hockey too. Good for the sport. Was meant to be really. Owners sent the message *anyone can be traded* *heres what happens when you chase money* and California grew tremendously as a hockey state

And the Oil won another one.

Was listening to Peter Pocklington on the radio yesterday (Oilers former owner for those that didn't know), and he suggested that the gate revenue for the LA Kings didn't double the year after Gretzky arrived, didn't triple, didn't quadruple, wasn't 5X, but increase 6 fold.