• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Joakim Andersson re-signs, 2yrs, $1.465m ($732,500k cap hit)

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

I can't believe that cap hit. I think he made more last year?

Called a handshake deal. Dont be surprised if his extension after this year is in the range of 4 years/7 million.

Your Jerseyginity?! Wow! That's serious business...

Jerseyginity... That's hellafunny.

Other than just tee-shirts and such. I've never been one for the real thing. Guess I think it's a little to NASCAR for my taste. But after watching the wings for 30 some years now I think I could get at least one:) just hope Kenny keeps him around if and when I get on.

Jerseyginity... That's hellafunny.

Other than just tee-shirts and such. I've never been one for the real thing. Guess I think it's a little to NASCAR for my taste. But after watching the wings for 30 some years now I think I could get at least one:) just hope Kenny keeps him around if and when I get on.

I have a Flip CCM that someone gave me if you want it... :lol:

Guest The Axe

I have a Flip CCM that someone gave me if you want it... :lol:

Remove the 1's and cut them into 'dstrom' and then doctor up the name.

I can't believe that cap hit. I think he made more last year?

Well, yes and no. His last contract was a 3 year ELC, with a NHL-pay cap hit of $875k, after performance & signing bonuses. It was a 2 way deal, though, so his salary was considerably lower while playing in the AHL. And his NHL base salary was $637,500 last year.

This deal, however, is a one way contract, with no performance or signing bonuses. So while his cap hit is lower, his actual "take home" salary will be higher.

Andersson's Cap Geek page.

Well, yes and no. His last contract was a 3 year ELC, with a NHL-pay cap hit of $875k, after performance & signing bonuses. It was a 2 way deal, though, so his salary was considerably lower while playing in the AHL. And his NHL base salary was $637,500 last year.

This deal, however, is a one way contract, with no performance or signing bonuses. So while his cap hit is lower, his actual "take home" salary will be higher.

Andersson's Cap Geek page.

excellent explanation. it has nothing to do with being a handshake deal. its a contract that benefits the player by being one way and garunteeing that high 6 figure salary, and benefits the team by lowering the cap hit slightly. you often see this with the mid level guys coming off their ELC.

Guest The Axe

excellent explanation. it has nothing to do with being a handshake deal. its a contract that benefits the player by being one way and garunteeing that high 6 figure salary, and benefits the team by lowering the cap hit slightly. you often see this with the mid level guys coming off their ELC.

This guy was outstanding down the stretch and in the playoffs. He's risen to be our #7 forward and is still getting better. There is no way the Wings are still undecided and making Andersson prove himself. Andersson did Kenny a favor. Kenny will repay it in July 2014. 4 year extension. 1.75 mil per year.

This guy was outstanding down the stretch and in the playoffs. He's risen to be our #7 forward and is still getting better. There is no way the Wings are still undecided and making Andersson prove himself. Andersson did Kenny a favor. Kenny will repay it in July 2014. 4 year extension. 1.75 mil per year.

Are you serious with this crap? Emmerton is worse. Miller, Eaves and Tootoo are on about the same level. When healthy everyone else brings more to the table than Andersson does.

Guest Crymson

Are you serious with this crap? Emmerton is worse. Miller, Eaves and Tootoo are on about the same level. When healthy everyone else brings more to the table than Andersson does.

No, he's not serious.

No, he's not serious.

It's hard to tell sometimes. There's a guy on rwc who honestly believes Sproul is already better than half the d-men in the NHL, Nyquist and Tatar are better than anyone on the team except Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and the average OHL player is better than most guys in the SEL.

I'm just here to prepare myself a nice plate of crow for eating. I had thought that Andersson and Nyquist were going to be at or above $1 million per (well, Nyquist more than Andersson). Andersson got "Lashoff money"?

Great deal for 2 years. Still haven't decided if Andersson is a future Top 6 forward or just a banger, but I like what he brought last year.

It's hard to tell sometimes. There's a guy on rwc who honestly believes Sproul is already better than half the d-men in the NHL, Nyquist and Tatar are better than anyone on the team except Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and the average OHL player is better than most guys in the SEL.

Sounds like 90% of hfboards. And more than a few on here. Hudler and Filpulla and Smith and co were thought of in the same vein when they were in the minors.

Sounds like 90% of hfboards. And more than a few on here. Hudler and Filpulla and Smith and co were thought of in the same vein when they were in the minors.

Two legit top 6 forwards in there. But not the best. I firmly believe flip had too much pressure on him here in Detroit though. Well see next year. Either way not worth his cap hit

How can they be on the same level AND bring more to the table when healthy? Unless I'm missing something.

I think Andersson is on par, right now, with Miller and Eaves, He brings way more all-around hockey then Tottoo, and has the potential to be a rock-solid checking line center. Hell, he looked like a legit third line center, as a rookie, this spring. That's a good sign.

How can they be on the same level AND bring more to the table when healthy? Unless I'm missing something.

I think Andersson is on par, right now, with Miller and Eaves, He brings way more all-around hockey then Tottoo, and has the potential to be a rock-solid checking line center. Hell, he looked like a legit third line center, as a rookie, this spring. That's a good sign.

How's that hard to understand? Those guys are one level. Emmerton is worse. Everyone else is better in some way shape or form.

I think he means emdog = worse than Andy.. the players he listed are around as good as Andy and the rest of the team, other than the named players, bring more to the table..

Guest The Axe

What have I said that's inaccurate? Andersson is currently our #7 forward until he gets bumped off the third line center position for one reason or another. He played well down the NHL stretch and in the playoffs for Detroit and Grand Rapids. What part of this is front page news to you? Are you still one of the la la landers that believes our line-up on opening day is going to have Andersson at 4th line Center and Emmerton playing for another team? I like to live in reality where a guy who's played 71/82 and 48/48 over the last 2 years, gets better each year, is well liked by the coach, and plays for league minimum allowing the team more cap room for other players is an OBVIOUS choice to anchor our checking line.