• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Joakim Andersson re-signs, 2yrs, $1.465m ($732,500k cap hit)

Rate this topic

What have I said that's inaccurate? Andersson is currently our #7 forward until he gets bumped off the third line center position for one reason or another. He played well down the NHL stretch and in the playoffs for Detroit and Grand Rapids. What part of this is front page news to you? Are you still one of the la la landers that believes our line-up on opening day is going to have Andersson at 4th line Center and Emmerton playing for another team? I like to live in reality where a guy who's played 71/82 and 48/48 over the last 2 years, gets better each year, is well liked by the coach, and plays for league minimum allowing the team more cap room for other players is an OBVIOUS choice to anchor our checking line.

Which centre do you suggest gets bumped for emmerton? Helm? There is a reason he plays for league minimum, that's what he's worth

Are you serious with this crap? Emmerton is worse. Miller, Eaves and Tootoo are on about the same level. When healthy everyone else brings more to the table than Andersson does.

What have I said that's inaccurate? Andersson is currently our #7 forward until he gets bumped off the third line center position for one reason or another. He played well down the NHL stretch and in the playoffs for Detroit and Grand Rapids. What part of this is front page news to you? Are you still one of the la la landers that believes our line-up on opening day is going to have Andersson at 4th line Center and Emmerton playing for another team? I like to live in reality where a guy who's played 71/82 and 48/48 over the last 2 years, gets better each year, is well liked by the coach, and plays for league minimum allowing the team more cap room for other players is an OBVIOUS choice to anchor our checking line.

#7 forward implies he's the 7th best. He's not even close.

Guest The Axe

#7 forward implies he's the 7th best. He's not even close.

If I were ranking in order of importance:

Dats

Zetts

Weiss

*Helm

Pillow

Fredo

Abs

Andersson

Gus

Sauce

Emdog

Miller Time

Eaves

Tootoo

Sammy

Bert

Andersson is #7 for me until Helm is healthy.

Dats

Zetts

Weiss

*Helm

Pillow

Fredo

Abs

Andersson

Gus

Sauce

Emdog

Miller Time

Eaves

Tootoo

Sammy

Bert

Ok, by process of elimination, Pillow is Franzen?

Because he's soft?

Two legit top 6 forwards in there. But not the best.

No, I agree, but they both came exactly what they were projected to be. Flip became the 2-way, second line C putting up 40-60 points he was always projected to be. Because he was mainly at the lower end of the 40-60 range Wings fans started to turn on him because he didn't turn into Nicklas Zettersyuk.

And then he hit UFA and priced himself out of a job :)

No, I agree, but they both came exactly what they were projected to be. Flip became the 2-way, second line C putting up 40-60 points he was always projected to be. Because he was mainly at the lower end of the 40-60 range Wings fans started to turn on him because he didn't turn into Nicklas Zettersyuk.

And then he hit UFA and priced himself out of a job :)

They both did that. Shame really.

Dats

Zetts

Weiss

*Helm

Pillow

Fredo

Abs

Andersson

Gus

Sauce

Emdog

Miller Time

Eaves

Tootoo

Sammy

Bert

Ok, by process of elimination, Pillow is Franzen?

Because he's soft?

What's with the love for centers with limited skill? Nyquist and Tatar are going to carry the kid line. Anderson can increase his scoring 50% and he'll be at 24 points over a full season. Emmerton is a warm body and there's a good chance Sheahan or Ferraro could do as well or better in the 4th line center role.

What's with the love for centers with limited skill? Nyquist and Tatar are going to carry the kid line. Anderson can increase his scoring 50% and he'll be at 24 points over a full season. Emmerton is a warm body and there's a good chance Sheahan or Ferraro could do as well or better in the 4th line center role.

Just for the record, only the last two lines of what you posted were mine even though you somehow attributed the entire post to which I was replying to me as well.

The rest of the post is the opinion of Axedog.

I agree with most of your post. Only thing is Sheehan has proved he is no where near ready. Ferraro is probably our closest to ready option

Guest The Axe

Ok, perhaps I should have clarified - for the 13-14 season. I dont know how Sheahan and Ferraro are going to progress and what they will turn into. I DO know that Babcock will play his top 9 guys on 3 lines regardless of positions. Then the 4th line will be leftovers. Emmerton seems to be a consistent play for Babs at 4th line center.

Ok, perhaps I should have clarified - for the 13-14 season. I dont know how Sheahan and Ferraro are going to progress and what they will turn into. I DO know that Babcock will play his top 9 guys on 3 lines regardless of positions. Then the 4th line will be leftovers. Emmerton seems to be a consistent play for Babs at 4th line center.

Andersson is only the #3 center if Zetterberg, Datsyuk, or Weiss is on a wing and Helm is out. That's also the only way Emmerton is in the lineup, and even then Abdelkader is a better option at center for the checking line. Andersson has a big body, is responsible defensively, and was solid on draws, but he's still at best the 5th best center on the team and I'd probably put Abdelkader over him if it's for a check line too. Emmerton is god awful on draws and doesn't really do anything else well either except work hard, which makes him a decent pk guy. Abdelkader, Nyquist, Tatar, Miller, and even Bertuzzi and Samuelsson if they aren't moved are all better and more important. As far as Emmerton goes, the fact that he's a natural center is the only reason he wasn't dropped already and the only reason he's played the last 2 seasons is injuries.

Guest The Axe

Sometimes I can see that. Other times axe has some legitimate arguments, it's usually a toss up. It's hard to define the line at times.

I like Andersson and Emmerton. For 1.3 mil a year, hard to go wrong with those 2.

between the blatent trolling and how often he posts things as fact without sourcing them, i have grown to ignore every post he makes. doing so makes lgw a better place.

on topic, this still is a great cap hit for andersson and hopefully helm is back this year and andersson can really dominate in a 4th line role.

i really think PK is where this is crucial. andersoon was already among the ice time leaders in the playoffs. if helm gets back and is also in that rotation it lessens the need to have datsyuk and zetterberg out during the pk. furthermore, andersson had some of the best FO numbers in the playoffs and that would negate the strategy of having datyuk come out to take draws on the pk. i would much rather see 13 out there even strength where he has more opportunity to create chances.

between the blatent trolling and how often he posts things as fact without sourcing them, i have grown to ignore every post he makes. doing so makes lgw a better place.

on topic, this still is a great cap hit for andersson and hopefully helm is back this year and andersson can really dominate in a 4th line role.

i really think PK is where this is crucial. andersoon was already among the ice time leaders in the playoffs. if helm gets back and is also in that rotation it lessens the need to have datsyuk and zetterberg out during the pk. furthermore, andersson had some of the best FO numbers in the playoffs and that would negate the strategy of having datyuk come out to take draws on the pk. i would much rather see 13 out there even strength where he has more opportunity to create chances.

Dats and z only having to be out during regular strength and pp makes us a much better team.

Guest The Axe

Im sorry, fellas. Apparently I cannot like the players I want to like. Trade Smith, Howard is world class, Holland can do no wrong, and Bertuzzi's spin moves and big body are the best. Better?

Guest The Axe

Liking a player and thinking a kid with 8 points in 38 games is border line top 6 are two different things.

Reread all the posts in this thread. I've stated nothing that is inaccurate.

Did Andersson not center our third line last year?

Did Emdog not center our 4th line the last 2 years?

I've never said that the lineup would be that way if our whole team is healthy. NEVER.

I've simply stated that every team has injuries, and they usually happen to the older players who arent as hungry and dont stay as fit. This makes it a more than likely scenario that Andersson and Emdog will play.

Reread all the posts in this thread. I've stated nothing that is inaccurate.

Did Andersson not center our third line last year?

Did Emdog not center our 4th line the last 2 years?

I've never said that the lineup would be that way if our whole team is healthy. NEVER.

I've simply stated that every team has injuries, and they usually happen to the older players who arent as hungry and dont stay as fit. This makes it a more than likely scenario that Andersson and Emdog will play.

which center is older and doesn't care?

Ok. Step one: READ. Step two: COMPREHEND.

I didnt use "center" as a noun anywhere in my post. So what on earth makes you respond to me like that?

Or are you INFERRING that the Red Wings will only play their centers at center this year, leaving Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Weiss, and Franzen in the line-up and Helm, Andersson, and Emdog in the pressbox?

Im all for you contradicting MY argument. But dont make ones up for me. Thats silly.

We have 4 top 6 forwards very capable of playing the center role. Which means if one gets injured someone can replace him. Leaving a wing position to be filled which we currently have a plethora of. So why would Emmerton get the call up when we have capable forwards in the press box?

Guest The Axe

We have 4 top 6 forwards very capable of playing the center role. Which means if one gets injured someone can replace him. Leaving a wing position to be filled which we currently have a plethora of. So why would Emmerton get the call up when we have capable forwards in the press box?

I think the lineup is better leaving emmerton at 4th line center and shifting the other guys around. Babcock seems to follow that flight plan, as well. Anyway, we should get back to Andersson. I think he will still be our 3rd line center this year. You think 4th?

I think the lineup is better leaving emmerton at 4th line center and shifting the other guys around. Babcock seems to follow that flight plan, as well. Anyway, we should get back to Andersson. I think he will still be our 3rd line center this year. You think 4th?

If helm is healthy, that puts Andy at 4th line centre. Which leaves emmerton the odd man out, with helm at 3rd. The only reason emmerton gets to play is if helm is injured. That's the only reason he has played the last two seasons

Guest The Axe

If helm is healthy, that puts Andy at 4th line centre. Which leaves emmerton the odd man out, with helm at 3rd. The only reason emmerton gets to play is if helm is injured. That's the only reason he has played the last two seasons

I think andersson plays wing with emdog. Maybe not.