Photo
- - - - -

Joakim Andersson re-signs, 2yrs, $1.465m ($732,500k cap hit)

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#41 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

Are you serious with this crap? Emmerton is worse. Miller, Eaves and Tootoo are on about the same level. When healthy everyone else brings more to the table than Andersson does.

No, he's not serious.

#42 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

Are you serious with this crap? Emmerton is worse. Miller, Eaves and Tootoo are on about the same level. When healthy everyone else brings more to the table than Andersson does.

No, he's not serious.

It's hard to tell sometimes. There's a guy on rwc who honestly believes Sproul is already better than half the d-men in the NHL, Nyquist and Tatar are better than anyone on the team except Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and the average OHL player is better than most guys in the SEL.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#43 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

I'm just here to prepare myself a nice plate of crow for eating.  I had thought that Andersson and Nyquist were going to be at or above $1 million per (well, Nyquist more than Andersson).  Andersson got "Lashoff money"?

Great deal for 2 years.  Still haven't decided if Andersson is a future Top 6 forward or just a banger, but I like what he brought last year.

#44 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

It's hard to tell sometimes. There's a guy on rwc who honestly believes Sproul is already better than half the d-men in the NHL, Nyquist and Tatar are better than anyone on the team except Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and the average OHL player is better than most guys in the SEL.

Sounds like 90% of hfboards.  And more than a few on here.  Hudler and Filpulla and Smith  and co were thought of in the same vein when they were in the minors.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#45 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

Sounds like 90% of hfboards.  And more than a few on here.  Hudler and Filpulla and Smith  and co were thought of in the same vein when they were in the minors.

Two legit top 6 forwards in there. But not the best. I firmly believe flip had too much pressure on him here in Detroit though. Well see next year. Either way not worth his cap hit

#46 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

How can they be on the same level AND bring more to the table when healthy? Unless I'm missing something.

I think Andersson is on par, right now, with Miller and Eaves, He brings way more all-around hockey then Tottoo, and has the potential to be a rock-solid checking line center. Hell, he looked like a legit third line center, as a rookie, this spring. That's a good sign.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#47 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

How can they be on the same level AND bring more to the table when healthy? Unless I'm missing something.

I think Andersson is on par, right now, with Miller and Eaves, He brings way more all-around hockey then Tottoo, and has the potential to be a rock-solid checking line center. Hell, he looked like a legit third line center, as a rookie, this spring. That's a good sign.

How's that hard to understand? Those guys are one level. Emmerton is worse. Everyone else is better in some way shape or form.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#48 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

I think he means emdog = worse than Andy.. the players he listed are around as good as Andy and the rest of the team, other than the named players, bring more to the table..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#49 anthonyn66

anthonyn66

Wings fan in Leaf Nation

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Wow an absolute beauty of a cap hit! 

#50 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

What have I said that's inaccurate? Andersson is currently our #7 forward until he gets bumped off the third line center position for one reason or another. He played well down the NHL stretch and in the playoffs for Detroit and Grand Rapids. What part of this is front page news to you? Are you still one of the la la landers that believes our line-up on opening day is going to have Andersson at 4th line Center and Emmerton playing for another team? I like to live in reality where a guy who's played 71/82 and 48/48 over the last 2 years, gets better each year, is well liked by the coach, and plays for league minimum allowing the team more cap room for other players is an OBVIOUS choice to anchor our checking line.

#51 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

What have I said that's inaccurate? Andersson is currently our #7 forward until he gets bumped off the third line center position for one reason or another. He played well down the NHL stretch and in the playoffs for Detroit and Grand Rapids. What part of this is front page news to you? Are you still one of the la la landers that believes our line-up on opening day is going to have Andersson at 4th line Center and Emmerton playing for another team? I like to live in reality where a guy who's played 71/82 and 48/48 over the last 2 years, gets better each year, is well liked by the coach, and plays for league minimum allowing the team more cap room for other players is an OBVIOUS choice to anchor our checking line.

Which centre do you suggest gets bumped for emmerton? Helm? There is a reason he plays for league minimum, that's what he's worth

#52 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

#7 forward implies he's the 7th best. He's not even close.

#53 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

#7 forward implies he's the 7th best. He's not even close.

If I were ranking in order of importance:

Dats
Zetts
Weiss
*Helm
Pillow
Fredo
Abs
Andersson
Gus
Sauce
Emdog
Miller Time
Eaves
Tootoo
Sammy
Bert

Andersson is #7 for me until Helm is healthy.

#54 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,874 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

Dats
Zetts
Weiss
*Helm
Pillow
Fredo
Abs
Andersson
Gus
Sauce
Emdog
Miller Time
Eaves
Tootoo
Sammy
Bert

Ok, by process of elimination, Pillow is Franzen?

Because he's soft?

#55 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

Two legit top 6 forwards in there. But not the best.

No, I agree, but they both came exactly what they were projected to be.  Flip became the 2-way, second line C putting up 40-60 points he was always projected to be.  Because he was mainly at the lower end of the 40-60 range Wings fans started to turn on him because he didn't turn into Nicklas Zettersyuk.

And then he hit UFA and priced himself out of a job :)

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#56 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:44 AM

No, I agree, but they both came exactly what they were projected to be.  Flip became the 2-way, second line C putting up 40-60 points he was always projected to be.  Because he was mainly at the lower end of the 40-60 range Wings fans started to turn on him because he didn't turn into Nicklas Zettersyuk.

And then he hit UFA and priced himself out of a job :)

They both did that. Shame really.

#57 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

What a bargain price for Andersson. Ecstatic about this contract.

Posted Image

#58 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

Dats
Zetts
Weiss
*Helm
Pillow
Fredo
Abs
Andersson
Gus
Sauce
Emdog
Miller Time
Eaves
Tootoo
Sammy
Bert

Ok, by process of elimination, Pillow is Franzen?
Because he's soft?

What's with the love for centers with limited skill? Nyquist and Tatar are going to carry the kid line. Anderson can increase his scoring 50% and he'll be at 24 points over a full season. Emmerton is a warm body and there's a good chance Sheahan or Ferraro could do as well or better in the 4th line center role.

#59 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,874 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

What's with the love for centers with limited skill? Nyquist and Tatar are going to carry the kid line. Anderson can increase his scoring 50% and he'll be at 24 points over a full season. Emmerton is a warm body and there's a good chance Sheahan or Ferraro could do as well or better in the 4th line center role.

Just for the record, only the last two lines of what you posted were mine even though you somehow attributed the entire post to which I was replying to me as well.

The rest of the post is the opinion of Axedog.

#60 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

I agree with most of your post. Only thing is Sheehan has proved he is no where near ready. Ferraro is probably our closest to ready option