• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:56 PM

Anyone out there blog? Was thinking about starting my own blog, but I don't know much about it. I don't have Facebook or any of that but I was told blogging is different.

Someone fill me in, please. What sites are best to start a blog on? What're the differences compared to Twitter, Facebook, etc?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#2 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

Anyone out there blog? Was thinking about starting my own blog, but I don't know much about it. I don't have Facebook or any of that but I was told blogging is different.

Someone fill me in, please. What sites are best to start a blog on? What're the differences compared to Twitter, Facebook, etc?

The difference is that blogging is more about you and your writing, with other people commenting on your topic, while Facebook and Twitter are more about short interactions between people. For example, you might Facebook or Tweet "Watching the Wings", while you would write more in depth (a paragraph to a few pages) about the Wings game in a blog. Some blogs aren't text heavy, but they generally are more in depth than what you would find on Facebook and Twitter.

#3 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

It's a very bad example, but essentially what Eklund does on Hockey Buzz is blogging. It's sort of like posting your own full articles and leaving it open for the public to read and comment on. WorkingOvertime above about summed it up, Twitter is more one or two line updates on yourself, Facebook is a social experience where you can interact with friends, family, and whoever else. 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#4 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

If you do decided to start one, put the link on here. Would love to read some of your stuff. :)

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users