• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Paul Bissonnette, hockey player, troll slayer

Rate this topic

If anyone follows Phoenix forward Paul Bissonnette (@BizNasty2point0) on twitter, you probably know he gets more than his fair share of trolls and hecklers. Often he'll re-tweet a heckling post, and give some kind of snarky comeback. However, he pulled out the big guns against a troll a few days ago...

http://deadspin.com/man-trolls-paul-bissonnette-bissonnette-posts-mans-ar-1155557874?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

(emphasis mine on the headline)

Man Trolls Paul Bissonnette. Bissonnette Posts Man's Arrest Record.

Coyotes tough guy Paul Bissonnette is also a Twitter tough guy. His very active life on social media gives fans an extra incentive to be jackasses: If they talk s*** about him, they know he'll see it. Sometimes that's a bad thing.

Via The Nosebleeds, a Pittsburgh man named Matt Hogue decided to try and start something with Bissonnette. He sent dozens of tweets over the span of a few hours. The tweets are gone now, but they can be found via a Topsy search. Some examples:

Read the whole story for the links he posted. The heckler quickly learned the old metaphor "Never argue with a man who buys ink by the barrel".

Guest RedWingsDad

Unless you buy property from a chain-saw thief.

Also, who knows how much the back taxes were... could have been many thousands.

Meh. Pretty petty, IMO.

I'm sure Bissonnette has some s*** hidden in his past that he has paid a lot of money to keep hidden. (like all rich people do) I am also sure if you posted it publically, he would flip out and have a multimillion dollar team of lawyers descend upon you, and sic all of his followers on you as well...

I view this as kinda like when you are arguing with someone and they start comparing you or the argument you are supporting to Hitler. They lost the argument at that point, and have no real comeback. Same thing here. Instead of just talking regular s*** and leaving it at that, Biz dug into the guys past (pretty weird in itself) and resorted to personal attacks about his criminal history.

Not to mention, twitter comments are like youtube comments. Only morons or people desperate for attention actually respond to the negative/troll comments, since a good portion are just negative/troll comments anyways, as it is the nature of the beast.

That said, I still like Biz...

Edited by sleepwalker

Good for him.

It's pathetic that people think that just because someone is famous they have the right to constantly harass them online. This guy didnt send one tweet to biz he sent like 15 in an hour.

I guess it doesn't count as online bullying if the guy is rich though. Good to know.

Don't start something that you can't handle. Well done Paul.

I agree, Ally.

If someone had sent him a single tweet, that's different. Even if it had been a nasty one, it can still be ignored.

When the guy spams him with nasty tweets, that calls for some sort of action. There are few ways to take the high road in that situation. Ignoring him wouldn't have done any good- he'd have just continued and filled up your twitter with nonsense.

Whining or resorting to name-calling would have been juvenile. This dealt with the problem decisively.

I'm not a fan of his, but in this case Biznasty gets my :thumbup:

Guest Playmaker

I dunno, they were more like junior high type taunts than bullying. Quick solution...block him. End of story. To me, all this is going to do is get someone else to try and get under his skin to get a reaction and more than likely he's only going to get himself in trouble.

Guest RedWingsDad

I dunno, they were more like junior high type taunts than bullying. Quick solution...block him. End of story. To me, all this is going to do is get someone else to try and get under his skin to get a reaction and more than likely he's only going to get himself in trouble.

I think if more people stood up to bullies and d-bags (like this guy clearly was) there would be a lot less bullying and a lot less d-baggery going on.

Edited by RedWingsDad