• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MidMichSteve

Fox Sports 1 Debuts today

Rate this topic

I got Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2. I don't understand it right now, I read there still going to have NFL on Fox but then I see on Fox Sports 1 commercials there going to be showing Live NFL games.

I dont understand the confusion...

From the top destination for hockey known as TSN to doing stuff like NFL talk about a downgrade. Are there any real reasons, why they have left TSN or was it just about money, pathetic first show.

Sure, they will get better but if this was a preview of things to come things aren't looking good for them.

I have it on Comcast (well, in Minnesota), even though I don't remember if I had Speed channel. To me, it's a distant 3rd behind ESPN and NBCSN. The latter dedicates serious time to NHL, IndyCar, and now EPL soccer - three sports that have loyal (if niche) fans in this country that are anywhere from ignored to openly-mocked by other networks.

Everything FOX touches in sports (with the exception of baseball and some football coverage) just ends up feeling slimy to me. Erin Andrews and Charissa Thompson on the same network again - that's a whole lot of making duckfaces into mirrors with no actual talent or relevance.

As for their editorial coverage - nobody cares anymore. ESPN has adapted very well with some things (website presence, Grantland, fantasy sports, podcasting), yet they still seem to think that SportCenter and debate shows are anchor tenants. There's way too many voices out there now for a bunch of ex-athletes and old gray-haired journalists arguing about stuff to be a real draw for viewership. Show me LIVE SPORTS that I can watch, DVR, or access online, then we'll talk, FS1.

Edited by StormJH1

I have it on Comcast (well, in Minnesota), even though I don't remember if I had Speed channel. To me, it's a distant 3rd behind ESPN and NBCSN.

Everything FOX touches in sports (with the exception of baseball and some football coverage) just ends up feeling slimy to me.

I say that NBCSN and Fox are about the same. I don't even think of watching NBCSN unless I know there is a hockey game on tv. I don't see how anyone right now can come close to ESPN.

I have it on Comcast (well, in Minnesota), even though I don't remember if I had Speed channel. To me, it's a distant 3rd behind ESPN and NBCSN.

Everything FOX touches in sports (with the exception of baseball and some football coverage) just ends up feeling slimy to me.

I say that NBCSN and Fox are about the same. I don't even think of watching NBCSN unless I know there is a hockey game on tv. I don't see how anyone right now can come close to ESPN.

At least in terms of their female hockeywriters they are pretty much set, this Stewart-Binks chick is for sure a hotty and very knowledgeable. Loved listening to her on the puckpodcast this week.

That doesn't take much.

Avril Lavigne, Shania Twain, Pamela Anderson, Nelly Furtado, Sum41, Barenaked Ladies, Celine Dion, Alanis Morisette, Bryan Adams, Neil Young, Kristen Kreuk, and of course JIM FREAKING CAREY are all Canadians... so please don't insult our Country please.

read up a bit too

http://www.canadians.ca/top_ten_myths.htm

Edit: also if you want to know more famous Canadians, please do let me know, I would be happy to give you a much longer list

Edited by Euro_Twins

Avril Lavigne, Shania Twain, Pamela Anderson, Nelly Furtado, Sum41, Barenaked Ladies, Celine Dion, Alanis Morisette, Bryan Adams, Neil Young, Kristen Kreuk, and of course JIM FREAKING CAREY are all Canadians... so please don't insult our Country please.

If you're going to name musicians, can't believe you forgot Rush

Oh and another good one would be Peter Jennings...expand a little.

If you're going to name musicians, can't believe you forgot Rush

Oh and another good one would be Peter Jennings...expand a little.

And Justin Beiber!

Poor Canada, could have had it all; American ingenuity, French cuisine, and British culture. Instead they end up with French ingenuity, British cuisine, and American culture.

Edited by T.Low