• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

frankgrimes

New enemies, whom do you fear the most?

Rate this topic

I don't get why some of you are writing off the Leafs, I think out of all the teams in the division I fear them the most.

They're gonna play with some fire because of last year's outcome. They have a very deep team with good players for all scenarios. Kessel, Kadri, JVR, and Lupul provide good scoring, Bolland and McClement are solid PK centres. They've got grit with McLaren and Orr who won't play a lot but will play if needed. Their defence has a lot of depth, and they *should* have a very good tandem in goal this year. Bolland and Clarkson were good additions and should fit in well with Carlyle's system. They bring grit but that's not all they bring contrary to what people think. The only weaknesses I see in their team are the top 2 pairing in D (much like us) and their 1C and 2C who aren't elite yet (Kadri is small and is not a good enough 2 way player and Bozak is not an elite centre either)

"Look at where their toughness brought them"?? Don't forget this is a team that, like us, took a cup finalist to 7 games and looked like they had the series wrapped up. Boston is always a force in the playoffs so that isn't exactly something to sneeze at...

Leafs suck, and no one is scared of them. I live in Toronto now and watch quite a few leaf games and they really are not that good of a team especially over 82 games.

Fear stifles our thinking and actions. It creates indecisiveness that results in stagnation. I have known talented people who procrastinate indefinitely rather than risk failure. Lost opportunities cause erosion of confidence, and the downward spiral begins.

Charles Stanley

The East should be crapping their pants. We were one goal away from the eliminating the Stanley cup champs.

Now we're adding Alfie, Weiss, Helm, Dekeyser, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson and a more seasoned Nyquist, Tatar,Anderson and Smith.

older? yes. but the lack of travel will take a few years off of the Vets and they will all look rejuvenated because of it.

This will be the year we turn our power play around; it will be our enforcer again. (it won't be as great as 2008, but it'll be a heck of lot better than the last few years)

BOLD PREDICTION: within a few years the East teams will start adapting to us, and people will be wondering why the whole league is now playing a "west conference" style game.

The East should be crapping their pants. We were one goal away from the eliminating the Stanley cup champs.

Now we're adding Alfie, Weiss, Helm, Dekeyser, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson and a more seasoned Nyquist, Tatar,Anderson and Smith.

older? yes. but the lack of travel will take a few years off of the Vets and they will all look rejuvenated because of it.

This will be the year we turn our power play around; it will be our enforcer again. (it won't be as great as 2008, but it'll be a heck of lot better than the last few years)

BOLD PREDICTION: within a few years the East teams will start adapting to us, and people will be wondering why the whole league is now playing a "west conference" style game.

so hockey will be more entertaining to watch?

Leafs suck, and no one is scared of them. I live in Toronto now and watch quite a few leaf games and they really are not that good of a team especially over 82 games.

Well I am no one then, because I am scared of this team. Not because I think they are going to be that dominant but playing against this team will be 60 minutes of hell. When you have no answer to guys like Mclaren, Orr, Frazer, Clarkson and soon the Brolldozer things can get out of hand quickly. Think about the douchebag Lapierre und what he did to Lidstrom...I don't want that happening to any of our players, thankfully we had Downey back then but nowadays there is no one to protect Datsyuk, Zetterber g or our young guns against beasts like Orr or Mclaren.

Also their goal-tandem is good to very good, both have something to prove and it will light another fire under them. Though the Leafs made a mistake by trading Luke Schenn so their defense isn't that good anymore but they are not a team to be taken lightly.

On the Puckpodcast last week they've mentioned that the Wings ar e on of the second tier teams to winning it all, so this means the DetroitRedWings are in the mix with a couple of other teams such as Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Columbus..who all are known for iup and down seasons << predictions are hard to be made.

People thought games against Backes and the Blues were difficult, wait till the DetroitRedWings square off against Toronto or Boston...:(

My realistic prediction: just like last season fighting for the playoffs

Boston by very far the most dangerous team in the division possibly in the conference.

Toronto: They got Phaneuf at the blue line and some other decent players but goaltending is an issue.

Canadians: Strong goaltending but the scoring just isn't there.

Tampa Bay:Steve Yzerman will get to go back to the stadium he should have stayed at but back to the point they lost Lecavalier which is a big scoring chunk out of the team now Yzerman has done well rebuilding this team but they aren't going to be able to contend.

Florida: Do I even have to cover this one nobody cares.

Ottawa: Good goaltending but one of their best scorers is now wearing the winged wheel so they will make the playoffs but their not a team to fear.

Buffalo: Goaltending issues have arrised and scoring is just not there expect them to finish last or close to it.

Boston: The most fear inducing team in the league yes they lost Horton but gained Iginla and considering Horton's hurt I don't think they mind losing him to gain Iginla. Goaltending is rock solid if Rask stays healthy and Chara will bounce back from his Stanley Cup slouch. This team may go to the Cup finals again with this team.

Well I am no one then, because I am scared of this team. Not because I think they are going to be that dominant but playing against this team will be 60 minutes of hell. When you have no answer to guys like Mclaren, Orr, Frazer, Clarkson and soon the Brolldozer things can get out of hand quickly. Think about the douchebag Lapierre und what he did to Lidstrom...I don't want that happening to any of our players, thankfully we had Downey back then but nowadays there is no one to protect Datsyuk, Zetterber g or our young guns against beasts like Orr or Mclaren.

Also their goal-tandem is good to very good, both have something to prove and it will light another fire under them. Though the Leafs made a mistake by trading Luke Schenn so their defense isn't that good anymore but they are not a team to be taken lightly.

On the Puckpodcast last week they've mentioned that the Wings ar e on of the second tier teams to winning it all, so this means the DetroitRedWings are in the mix with a couple of other teams such as Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Columbus..who all are known for iup and down seasons << predictions are hard to be made.

People thought games against Backes and the Blues were difficult, wait till the DetroitRedWings square off against Toronto or Boston... :(

My realistic prediction: just like last season fighting for the playoffs

They might have Orr and McClaren (hugely overrated) but they don't play every game, and many minutes. There was plenty of games last year where both of them would be on the ice and they were just playing hockey. They don't intentionally try to injure players every game, they get more pumped up for games against Philly, Bruins and Montreal than anything.

Edited by darkmanx

I think with how they played last year the Red Wings are back on the first their especially with added scoring in Alfredson and Weisserman

You think the red wings are better this year, so we should fire Holland?!? What drugs do you take, cause they must really work

Hi- I come here as friend not foe and I don't intend to stir the pot but just to add my opinion.

Firstly- I am a Sens fan but secondly and maybe more importantly I am an Alfie fan. I'm not sure where I stand on all the off season shenangians but you have got yourself a great player- he smart and makes players around him better.

I have always considered the Western conference to be superior to the East in terms of skill and I think you guys may be selling yourselves a little short.

I think you guys are going to skate circles around the East and cause teams fits for a couple of seasons- until you either devolve or they pick it up.

I watched every game of your playoff series last season against the Hawks and the pace of the game was far and beyond anything I saw in the East.

You can't hit what you can't catch.

I pick Detroit to be in the Final with maybe Piitsburgh...but Detroit will be there- changing of the guard and injuries and you're still scary.

Yeah Ottawa may talk a good game but who knows what team will show up-really.

Toronto is a two trick pony, Montreal all emotion and Subban is so readable,and Boston has lost a step.

I see good things for Detroits immediate future.

Divisional rivals... Other than Boston, obviously...

I think the Sens will quickly become a new rival for the Wings. They are absolutely pissed about Alfie, and their head coach knows how ours thinks, from first hand experience, perhaps better than any other coach in the league.

Toronto will rocket to our #1 rival whenever they become a serious and solid contender. I don't think this is the year, but whenever it happens, they will be the #1 rival.

Edited by evilmrt

Pens fans sound just like us now. "Where's the grit?" "We're gonna get pushed around." "We lost because we couldn't score." "Cup or Armageddon." Etc.

The Bruins may not have won the Cup, but they seem to have succeeded in doing something that is arguably just as difficult: flat-out humbling Penguins Nation. And for that, I salute them. (Let this be the first and last time I do, as, by all indications and estimations, they're our new Blackhawks.)

Pens fans sound just like us now. "Where's the grit?" "We're gonna get pushed around." "We lost because we couldn't score." "Cup or Armageddon." Etc.

The Bruins may not have won the Cup, but they seem to have succeeded in doing something that is arguably just as difficult: flat-out humbling Penguins Nation. And for that, I salute them. (Let this be the first and last time I do, as, by all indications and estimations, they're our new Blackhawks.)

I'm no fan of the Pens- defense and goaltending is suspect and yeah lacking in overall team grit. I was dissapointed in the Sens showing so much physicality against the Habs and then just letting the Pens skate around them.Why they abandoned a successful game plan I'll never know. I think that affected Alfie and was a part of his decision- they way the Sens just stood around watching the Pens in awe.

I'm going to restate that the Bruins are good but not the calibre they were when they won the last cup. They've lost some pieces, some players look shaky (lucic was not his normal self,Chara did not have a career year) and they are not particularly fast. You will match up well.

Beware of the teams that want to slow the Wings down and drag them into the mud like the Toronto's and Montreals and maybe just maybe the Sens of the east. If you can overcome that and skate like hell then you're gold.

Boston is not your new Blackhawks..........too slow.

Consider the Rangers- They wilted and basically quit playing under Torts. They have talent and goaltending and a new coach- I expect them to come out strong.

Well the Penguins are having the most feared and toughest tough guy in the AHL known as Steve Macintyre. I just can't for the sake of me understand, why Bylsma refused to play him against the toughest team in the league? Especially after being down two games to none and getting physicaly dominated and on top of that they didn't play Engelland that much , so it's hard for me to understand what Shero and Bylsma were thinking. I think if they would have called up Macintyre and just by having him on the bench, the physical edge in that series could have turned easily to the Penguins.

Pittsburgh is easy to play against , once the other team is in their heads. they can be easily frustrated especially their captain as seen against the Islanders. This team is incredible skilled upfront but their defense lacks structure and a commitment to play defensivly responsible.

The Bruins are in no way shape or form comparable to the Blackhawks, this team is very tough, skilled and has elite goaltending. The Blackhawks are a high powered offensive juggernaut but despite Bickell they aren't tough at all. Once the DetroitRedWings are hitting the ice against the Bruins and Thornton, Lucic and McQuaid are unleashed people will see the difference between the two teams and won't be pretty at all. I still think the DetroitRedWings should trade for Anthony Peluso from the Jets, guy is 240 lbs big and tough as nails plus he can take a regular shift!

Ottawa looked gased against the Penguins which wasn't a surprise to me, they have battled hard to make the playoffs despite all their major injuries.

OK. So.

I should start by clarifying a couple of things. Firstly, by "Penguins Nation" I basically meant Pens fans. So, my point was that the Bruins humbled the Pens' fans (on the whole), which - and I guess I was being just a tad facetious here - is almost as difficult as winning the Cup. So, props and kudos to them for that. Secondly, I didn't necessarily mean to say the Bruins are as good as the Blackhawks, just that they're our new "bitter rival." Which is, I concede, maybe kind of a snotty thing to say. ("Hey, we're the Wings. We're amazing. Who's the most amazing team in this place? Boston? OK, they're our new rival.") (Whaaaat??)

SensViking, I like your posts. And not just because you're nice to the Wings. Actually, to be honest, I think you may be overestimating the Wings a bit, and maybe even selling the likes of the Bruins short.