• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Keep Tootoo, Drop Cleary

Rate this topic

I think another newly acquired vet may have that potential honor locked up.

And then Tuzzi. To hell with the rest of the NHL. Tuzzi made 1 mistake and Konawalchuk jumping on him after is what delivered the crushing blow, but that's neither here nor there, Tuzzi would get the Cup after Alfie. Lets just hope that these everts transpire and then we play the guessing game on who gets it next. As for this threads point though, we won't have roster space for Cleary and Tootoo may get traded anyways. What ever happened to him going back to Nashville?

And then Tuzzi. To hell with the rest of the NHL. Tuzzi made 1 mistake and Konawalchuk jumping on him after is what delivered the crushing blow, but that's neither here nor there, Tuzzi would get the Cup after Alfie. Lets just hope that these everts transpire and then we play the guessing game on who gets it next. As for this threads point though, we won't have roster space for Cleary and Tootoo may get traded anyways. What ever happened to him going back to Nashville?

Preds look pretty set at forward to me. No big names (as always) but decently deep already. Don't think they're interested in Toots McGoots anymore.

The nice thing about that is next years UFA class (at this point in time) looks like a pretty decent list.

Not saying the WIngs should go after Jumbo Joe, but there is some decent talent heading to UFA next year.

And the Wings will have money to spend when they shed a few albatrosses of contracts!

Yeah shed a few contracts so they can re-up on Daniel Cleary

Preds look pretty set at forward to me. No big names (as always) but decently deep already. Don't think they're interested in Toots McGoots anymore.

perhaps make sure Sammy has 1 more contract as well.

One more contract? Sammy? Are you crazy?

Eight more contracts, at least.

And then, when he finally does retire, his #37 gets raised @ "The Mike" (Mikael Samuelsson Arena).

Legend.

Don't forget since he got screwed on the last one the next contract should include a no move clause and a raise

Guest Crymson

Cleary has been hit on the head a few too many times if he still believes he's going to get a contract from the Red Wings for the coming season. He'd do well to sign elsewhere.

I feel obligated to repeat what Ansar Khan said: that Cleary's contract offer was almost certainly not as large as was reported by St. James.

Edited by Crymson

Cleary has been hit on the head a few too many times if he still believes he's going to get a contract from the Red Wings for the coming season. He'd do well to sign elsewhere.

I feel obligated to repeat what Ansar Khan said: that Cleary's contract offer was almost certainly as large as was reported by St. James.

Link? Because the last thing I saw from Khan regarding Cleary's contract was the exact opposite. Has he changed his tune?

A. Nobody has said Cleary will be back, only that it's a possibility that hinges on the club's ability to shed salary. And that rumor of three years for $3 million a season is false. If that were the Red Wings' offer, Cleary would have taken it. I don't know what their offer was, but I'm told it was closer to $2 million a year for the first two seasons and less than that for the third year.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/07/red_wings_questions_readers_wo.html

Cleary had a somewhat down regular season though a very good playoffs, but with a glut of forwards to sign and the cap going down, I find it hard to believe that Holland offered a 34 year old, injury prone Dan Cleary the top end of what he's ever been paid as a Wing. If that were true Holland is as big of fool as Cleary would be for turning it down because Cleary's role and production certainly wouldn't be going up the next three years on the Wings.

Being over the roster limit and neck deep in forwards, you can rest easy. Cleary isn't coming back. Unless Holland swings some big trade and that better be to bring in a big name player, not make room for Cleary.

Guest Crymson

Link? Because the last thing I saw from Khan regarding Cleary's contract was the exact opposite. Has he changed his tune?

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/07/red_wings_questions_readers_wo.html

Cleary had a somewhat down regular season though a very good playoffs, but with a glut of forwards to sign and the cap going down, I find it hard to believe that Holland offered a 34 year old, injury prone Dan Cleary the top end of what he's ever been paid as a Wing. If that were true Holland is as big of fool as Cleary would be for turning it down because Cleary's role and production certainly wouldn't be going up the next three years on the Wings.

Being over the roster limit and neck deep in forwards, you can rest easy. Cleary isn't coming back. Unless Holland swings some big trade and that better be to bring in a big name player, not make room for Cleary.

Typo. I meant "not as large," and that was the article to which I was referring.

Edited by Crymson

And then he gets a sore boob and has to take a nap.

Great LOL to start a work week!! Thanks.

If we are looking to move a few players to bring in a gritty veteran presence... I might prefer to see us bring in Morrow over Cleary. I have nothing against Cleary and would be happy with him coming back but maybe Morrow would be a better option?!

I also dont think Tootoo should be going anywhere and would rather see him perm on the 4th line. He's always all in! I believe he has some good 4th line hockey in him too. Lose Miller or Eaves and Emmerton + Keep Tootoo and bring in Morrow!! If that would work of course.

Edited by The Secret

Great LOL to start a work week!! Thanks.

If we are looking to move a few players to bring in a gritty veteran presence... I might prefer to see us bring in Morrow over Cleary. I have nothing against Cleary and would be happy with him coming back but maybe Morrow would be a better option?!

I also dont think Tootoo should be going anywhere and would rather see him perm on the 4th line. He's always all in! I believe he has some good 4th line hockey in him too. Lose Miller or Eaves and Emmerton + Keep Tootoo and bring in Morrow!! If that would work of course.

That doesn't work. Pick another player to lose on top of your suggestion of Miller or Eaves plus Emmerton if you want to bring Morrow in too. The Wings are already two players over the roster limit.

Guest Crymson

I would love Morrow for his grit and leadership. I would hate him for...well, the fact that he's old and slow.

I'd definitely take him over Cleary.

Cleary won't be on the team, so you won't need to make that choice.

I can't figure out for the life of me why he hasn't signed elsewhere. Perhaps nobody is interested in him after how last season went.

Cleary won't be on the team, so you won't need to make that choice.

I can't figure out for the life of me why he hasn't signed elsewhere. Perhaps nobody is interested in him after how last season went.

There are plenty of decent players out there still that haven't found a team yet. Cap going down is squeezing some role players out of jobs.

I wouldn't take Morrow over Cleary either in that hypothetical. If people were upset with Cleary's speed, it would be a field day with Morrow here. Besides, Cleary brings just as much in terms of leadership and better offensive output.

There are plenty of decent players out there still that haven't found a team yet. Cap going down is squeezing some role players out of jobs.

I wouldn't take Morrow over Cleary either in that hypothetical. If people were upset with Cleary's speed, it would be a field day with Morrow here. Besides, Cleary brings just as much in terms of leadership and better offensive output.

Poor Brunner, negotiated his way out of the nhl...

Guest Crymson

Poor Brunner, negotiated his way out of the nhl...

Yep. His head got overly big, and he's paying for it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him KHL-bound.