• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nev

Grand Rapids Griffins - Behind The Benches

Rate this topic

There is a thread for this in the Griffins forum, but since no-one goes there, and no-one has seemingly seen it, I hope the mods allow this thread to remain.

The Griffins did an HBO 24/7 style "behind the benches" series of videos for each round of their playoff run, which are frankly amazing. The production values are incredible and they offer a fascinating insight. The links are for the 2 videos from the finals, but all the previous rounds are linked beneath the videos.

Several things spring to mind watching them.

Blashill is mini-Babcock. Very cool and proffesional.

Ferraro has a mouth and an agitating style to match Maltby, and drops the gloves to boot.

Tatar is a VERY confident individual, borderline arrogance and I can see why he rubs some Wings fans the wrong way. He's going to really wind the opposition up.

The importance of the veterans on that team. Some round here would I think like every player on the Griffins to be under-21, but its clear guys like Hoggan and Grant were hugely important on and off the ice.

Best line of the series - Triston Grant on being complimented on his playoff beard "Thanks, I have my mothers genes" :lol:

I've been watching em as they were released, and I completely agree that they've been awesome. Landon gets chirped quite a few times throughout the series but has some decent yapps back. Tatar is just young and full of himself, but that's good for goal scorers. If you're out there to score goals, you need all of the confidence in the world, with a side of ego. I believe they plan on releasing these on DVD also.

Tatar is just young and full of himself, but that's good for goal scorers. If you're out there to score goals, you need all of the confidence in the world, with a side of ego.

Yeah, I like it too. All that attitude never did Brett Hull any harm. Well, apart from that one time in Dallas... :lol:

22 years old and already a leader on and off the ice - it was interesting to note how he was one of the most vocal players in the locker room, and not just the usual cliches either. When he said "don't just rim the puck round the boards, hang onto it and make a play" you could tell he meant it.