• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheDetroitRedWings

Capitals sign Grabovski (1 year deal)

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Back a few years ago in one of the 2K hockey games I simmed most of a season with him on my team and he finished the season with like 50 goals and 120-something points.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=430317

Real nice signing for the Caps. IMO it's actually an upgrade to Ribeiro. In fact, if the Wings hadn't signed Weiss, I was hoping we'd sign Grabo. Will be interesting to see how much $ they gave him.

Seems to be a show your worth type of contract, if he does well Grabos next one is going to better if not, well KHL bound. Obviously I thought Grabo as a former Russian would have been KHL bound good for him to get another shot with a NHL club. The caps once again are a high powered offensive team with questionable defense, they either miss the playoffs or are looking at another first round exit.

Z Winged Dangler likes this

Back a few years ago in one of the 2K hockey games I simmed most of a season with him on my team and he finished the season with like 50 goals and 120-something points.

That's what you get for playing a 2K NHL game.

amato likes this

That's what you get for playing a 2K NHL game.

I don't know, I simmed an entire season using bubble hockey and needless to say, Zetterberg had 420 goals and 674 assists. It seemed like a legit.

got rid of semin so they needed another lazy forward

I was under the impression that Grabovski had shed the 'lazy' tag a couple of season back. Plus, Grabovski is making less than 1) the Caps' now 3rd line center, Laich... who, I believe was supposed to become their 2nd line center at some point... and 2) their 2nd line center from last season, Ribeiro - less than he was making and less than he will be making. Significantly less in both cases. And, only a one year deal. Very minimal risk and potentially high reward. Grabovski is, in my opinion, an above average 2nd line center.... $3 million for 1 year? Solid signing and I'm jealous of it, honestly.

Z Winged Dangler likes this