• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jedi

State your unpopular opinion *Mod Warning Post #'s 200 & 219*

Rate this topic

This may be an unpopular fact, but it's one that bears repeating. Remember that politics are a no-go here on LGW. Even if you know your political opinion is unpopular, it's still best to leave them to other places on the internet.

Back to unpopular opinions... I prefer cold weather to warm/hot.

I've never set foot in an Applebee's and I probably won't. TGIF is okay, depending on what you get. I also won't set foot in an Olive Garden.

I love Popeye's chicken over KFC.

The Kindle has killed the written word. Not everyone should be allowed to publish their crap online for others to read in mass. This is why we have things like 50 Shades of Gray.

I will never be able to own a digital library of anything. I just can't trust computers/technology enough to spend thousands of dollars on movies/music that I can't hold in my hands.

None of us need a pickup truck. They should be specialty vehicles like ambulances for professional contractors/movers. You don't need one. "But I might need to move something big." You can have it delivered by a pro. "But I want to save money and do it myself." Buy a smaller car. "But I like to be taller than everyone else on the road." You're an idiot and part of the problem.

The NHL is a second rate league not because of ESPN, but because of the CBC. Keeping antiquated announcers and segments and loud-mouthed former players/coaches may be popular in Canada for hockey, but when it's done the same way in the U.S. it becomes annoying. We need more American LeBruns and McKenzies and less Canadian/American Eddie Os, JRs, and Milburys in order to be taken seriously in the U.S. When ESPN covers hockey for the obligatory 60 seconds who shows up? The same tired mullet with the funny accent and no charisma.

I can't stand when people think they can decide what type of vehicle I should own. I'm not a contractor and I don't use my Dodge Ram 2500, with a Hemi, for any business purposes. I do, however, use it for what I need to, when I need to do it. I paid for it, so it's nobody's business why I own it. Perhaps we should crack down on vacationers and the airlines.

I would not want to live in ND without 4wd. You don't need it all the time, but when you do, it's a very good thing to have. Although this year we have no snow, so it's not that big of a deal.

There is way too much technology out there. That's fine for people who like it, but the rest of us should just be able to use the old rabbit ears to get our tv shows.

I just had to jump through hoops to get some stupid thing hooked up to my tv just so I can watch a hockey game. It's no better than it was before. It's just costing me more money.

I would not want to live in ND without 4wd. You don't need it all the time, but when you do, it's a very good thing to have. Although this year we have no snow, so it's not that big of a deal.

SUVs and cars have 4WD/AWD. Pickups are horrible with 4WD because you have to add weight to the bed over the rear axles to make any difference with snow/mud.

I think now would be a good time for everyone to take a step back and try to calm down. This thread was something meant to be fun. But it's starting to become another avenue for people to attack each other, and that won't be allowed to stand.

Please keep to the topic at hand, which is to share your unpopular opinion (remember, non-political/religious, as per Forum Rules). While further discussion of those opinions is of course allowed (and encouraged), it must be civil or it will be deleted and the offending members subject to possible disciplinary action. If you really have to get into a bare knuckle no holds barred debate, take it to another discussion board, or at the very least to the PMs.

My newest unpopular opinion - I love the way gasoline smells. I don't huff it or anything, but that first whiff of gasoline smell...

I like it when people are talking on their cell phones when they come up to the counter where I work. It means I don't have to talk to them, ask if they have their loyalty card, or plus sell to them. I just smile, take their card or money, and wave bye-bye.

I also think that plus selling is annoying, but I have to do it OR ELSE. Literally. I had to sign a statement that stated that I would give good customer service and that good customer service cannot be done without plus selling. Stupid, I know, but that's corporate America for you.

Of course, we have fun with it. When we're waiting on a co-worker, we always ask something stupid, like asking a single guy if he needs tampons.