• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jedi

State your unpopular opinion *Mod Warning Post #'s 200 & 219*

Rate this topic

Agreed. Good for you for taking care of Grandma.

The night of my dad's funeral, all of the male relatives were in the basement watching some basketball game. All the ladies were in the living room knitting and crocheting and all that stuff. Mom said I could have the Wings game on, but I had to mute it.

Mom went into the kitchen and Hossa (who was then a Wing) got in a fight. I hollered out to the kitchen, "Mom! Hossa's fighting!" She came tearing back into the living room to see.

The lady relatives looked at her like she had two heads. Mom got all embarrassed and said, "Oh, I don't like when they fight like that. I wish they'd just play nice."

My mom is (finally) the coolest.

Haha.

That's Amazing.

I have no idea what I would do without my mom and dad.

Cherish them while you can. I, unfortunately, cannot. Miss them every day.

As far as a funeral, I told my hubby just cremate me, scatter the ashes, and go have a drink. No one else is going to care I'm gone, so why fake that you do. And as far as family fighting at the funeral, I've had families fight at the viewing. Like vultures circling the carcass. They did that when my hubby's grandmother passed away. Came into the house, "Where is this? Where is that? Who took my (fill in the blank)?" Grandfather told them, "I paid for the funeral. Everything in the house is mine. Keep your damned hands off stuff."

So it's heresy I hate Zeppelin. Well, I'm proud to be a heretic if that's the case. And I hate Aerosmith too. So there.

BANNED FOR HERESY!!

I can't stand The Who or the Rolling Stones. You couldn't pay me to listen to them.

LED ZEPPELIN RULZ!!!!

ALSO BANNED FOR HERSHEY'S!!!

I'm on the fence about LZ. There are songs I like, and songs I can't change the station fast enough for. Though, to be fair, the same is true with most artists out there...

I feel it's ok to lie to your boss about having no candy at your desk, because she always comes by and steals most of your candy and doesn't ever offer to help replace said candy.

I'd forgotten how homely he was.

Seeing him rise out of the bathtub at the beginning of the When Doves Cry video was the best birth control I could ask for in my teens. It was like, "ok, I just lost whatever desire I ever had and I'm gonna go knit a sweater now."

I was watching that damn movie dying laughing, all by myself.

Like a crazy person, just laughing at all the ridiculous things.

There's a whole section where he's talking as a puppet with the revolution and the mustaches on these feminine men with the pirates of the carribean frilled shirts...

Its just so amazing.

The good news: Actually, there is. 11/11 (because of the use of the number 1) is celebrated as Singles Day. Young singles go out and sing karaoke and mingle.

The bad news: It's only celebrated in China.

This is totally serious, btw. Maybe we need to make this a thing.

The good news: Actually, there is. 11/11 (because of the use of the number 1) is celebrated as Singles Day. Young singles go out and sing karaoke and mingle.

The bad news: It's only celebrated in China.

This is totally serious, btw. Maybe we need to make this a thing.

This kinda just sounds like every other day.

I like to spend mothers day by doing something nice for my mother, then torchering my sister by giving her kids something they shouldn't be playing with.

Its probably the best celebration day.

I can't stand Hipsters. Drinking Red Stripe beer and having an ironically shaggy beard is not cool. If you like Red Stripe and ugly beards, that's fine, but partaking in these things because of the whole Hipster thing is just a bad idea.

Fun activity: When you see a Hipster on the street, yell "Hey, Hipster!" really loud. They will turn and look at you, then get mad because you called them a Hipster. About three seconds later, they'll get mad again for acknowledging that they are, indeed, a Hipster.

People who don't like hipsters, because they are hipsters, are hipsters.

I don't care how people dress, what music they're into, what color they are, where they're from, or what god they do/don't believe in, all I care about is if they're a good person.

And I find people who single out one thing about a person and choose they don't like them strictly because of it, ignorant.

But that doesn't mean I don't like them, or they're not good people.

I just think its stupid to dislike anything because you disagree with it, or don't personally like it.

I find mayonnaise and ranch dressing repulsive, but if I hated everyone who did like it, I'd have very few people left to choose to be friends with...

Sure if someone likes mayonnaise also thinks the Nazis were onto something, I'll hate you and everything that spills from your mouth....

But you can like mayonnaise, and I can get over that because I'm not so self centered that I can't get past something that trivial.

I do wish the kid making my coffee and bagel would shave though.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

to the Microsoft guys: Apps != programs ...apps are smaller, less capable software designed for less powerful "mobile" computers like tablets, smartphones...

so please correct that confusion when releasing the Windows 10 version, thanks

Edited by frankgrimes