• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jedi

State your unpopular opinion *Mod Warning Post #'s 200 & 219*

Rate this topic

The author of Twilight and the people that made the movies should be shot, they were solely created to make men suffer.

Now now, this thread was supposed to be about opinions, not clearly obvious facts...

I actually prefer regular Oreos to Double Stuf.

Oh, you should not have started this...you will regret it.

1) Count me in amongst the people who despise Wally World with a purple passion. I would do anything to avoid them like the plague.

2) I love to watch curling. It's a game of strategy and science...a thinking person's game. Not like football, baseball or basketball. They all suck.

3) I have a list of actors whose movies I will never watch...Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider, John Travolta, WIll Ferrell, most SNL alumni. No talent whatsoever.

4) Fox News is banned from my house. Don't even think of turning it on.

See, I told you that you would regret starting this.

Oh, you should not have started this...you will regret it.

1) Count me in amongst the people who despise Wally World with a purple passion. I would do anything to avoid them like the plague.

2) I love to watch curling. It's a game of strategy and science...a thinking person's game. Not like football, baseball or basketball. They all suck.

3) I have a list of actors whose movies I will never watch...Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider, John Travolta, WIll Ferrell, most SNL alumni. No talent whatsoever.

4) Fox News is banned from my house. Don't even think of turning it on.

See, I told you that you would regret starting this.

You had me until Baseball and Adam Sandler. I agree with every other point you made here except i'm a Baseball fan and I like older Sandler movies. His newer stuff is awful, pretty much Mr. Deeds forward sucks.

I do shop at Walmart on occasion, but I don't make a habit out of it. If I can find what I need somewhere else, I will go there first.

I do not understand in the slightest the modern obsession with celebrity gossip. I could not care less what famous people are doing with their lives. Quit talking about the damn Kardashians or whether or not [insert famous actress] is pregnant and get on with the real news.

And speaking of "real news", most major news stations are trash. CNN, MSNBC, FOX News, etc. They'll spend hours covering some mundane thing and ignore real issues going on all over the world. It's a joke.

The author of Twilight and the people that made the movies should be shot, they were solely created to make men suffer.

I am proud to say I have never read nor watched any of the books/movies.

Same with "50 Shades of Gray"

There's better fanfiction written by 15-year-olds. I don't understand how drivel like that gets published.

I can't stand Will Ferrell. He needs to just stop. Adam Sandler is all right, like Mabus said, his older movies are better. Don't really have an opinion of the other two.

Edited by wingsgirl001

Businesses who force their employees to plus sell should be inundated with complaints.

It's one thing to let a customer know about a sale, which I do all the time, or make a recommendation, but it's another to require that every sale involve a plus sell. I hate plus selling when I'm a customer, and I hate doing it if it's not customer service when I'm on the other side of the counter.

Plus selling is annoying, but I know that people nowadays are forced to do it or be unemployed, so I don't take it out on them. Where I work, if you get a "mystery shopper" and you don't sell, you are suspended for your next seven regularly-scheduled shifts. Second offense, and you're terminated.

Fortunately, this is my part time gig. I know who hates it and I don't do it to them.

I can't stand Will Ferrell. He needs to just stop. Adam Sandler is all right.

Will Ferrell was funny in SNL, Step Brothers, and Wedding Crashers (mom.. the meatloaf!). Adam Sandler old stuff was funny, I love Grandma's Boy even though Sandler wasn't in it. Went and saw Grown Ups 2 in theaters and that was really funny actually.

Love this thread!

I think people that abuse animals should be prosecuted as if they committed that offense against a person. If that means that cruelly killing an animal earns them a life sentence for murder, good riddance.

I am the weird person that will eat all the black jelly beans that others leave behind.

Love this thread!

I think people that abuse animals should be prosecuted as if they committed that offense against a person. If that means that cruelly killing an animal earns them a life sentence for murder, good riddance.

I am the weird person that will eat all the black jelly beans that others leave behind.

I will leave them behind, just to eat them later anyways.

I LOVE Will Ferrel movies, so take that :)

I don't like McDonalds, and I don't understand how people can eat it every day.

I don't want to be rich, I just want to have enough money to support my family, live comfortably, and retire before I am 60

Love this thread!

We need to get together and eat jelly beans. The black ones are the ones that I won't touch.

Anyone who starts a sentence "In my country..." should be reminded that we aren't there.

Note that this applies only to those who think that because they do it that way there means that it can only be done that way. It does not apply to people who are just sharing information about what it was like back home. I enjoy those conversations as they are often quite interesting.

I hate people who leave their shopping carts in the handicapped parking area. How would you like to find out what it means to be handicapped? It can be arranged.

Plus, you do not get a handicapped permit for stupidity, though to see some people who have them you wouldn't think so.

I hate screaming kids in stores. I don't know who I want to punish more, the kids who do it or the parents who let them get away with it.

While I don't mind dogs and don't care if others own them, I don't think it's the end of the world that I don't own one. It annoys me when people say I can never know "true love" without a dog licking my face. Really. I am allergic to most dogs, and to some other animals. A dog licking my face probably would end up with me in the emergency room. So... perhaps one could withhold judgments about my character and potential life-worth, based on the fact that I don't own a damned dog?

Conversely, I do not think people who own dog/s and other animals are necessarily model citizens and somehow more wonderful than us non-pet-owners. It's actually often the opposite, I see a lot of people with dogs who are completely oblivious to how obnoxious their pets are to others.

I am offended that people who say they can't eat nuts and refuse to eat my lovely oatmeal pecan chocolate chip cookies. You can't know true love in your life without eating my home made cookies!!!!

^^ this is sarcasm... get it? I am allergic to your dog. Now. Eat the cookies, you faker!

No? Are we on the same page yet? :no2:

Ok...

When someone asks "DOES THIS HAVE NUTS?" and it does have nuts, you say "YES".

You don't say, "Oh, just try them, you'll like them" or "Don't worry- they're all ground up; you can't taste them".

And, yes, almond paste counts as a nut.

...which is why I send you special chocolates from Santa, 'cause I understand you can't have nuts. Wish people would understand and appreciate that I avoid their dog for similar reasons. Avoiding situations which make us ill shouldn't make us inferior or unworthy, at least that's my opinion.

The fact that the internet, cable "news," and other social media have totally decimated most peoples' ability to make rational, informed judgements is a sad fact of life now. Tweet, twerk, hur de dur.... sigh.

Edited by puckloo39

As someone who lives with food allergies, I know it can be a bite and a half (pardon the pun) to try and be polite but turn down someone's home made treats because you can't eat them.

You're allergic to my Loki? I'm devastated. :(

You're allergic to my Loki? I'm devastated. :(

Don't be! I am glad that you get pleasure from your dog. I just don't like being considered some sort of emotional cripple because I don't want an animal slobbering on me, since it makes me sick. Enjoy your dog. They're probably better than people -- some of whom I am allergic to, as well. ;)

I do not like going to movies... waste of time, sitting in a dark place with smelly, noisy people who keep texting, despite the fact that it's rude, and clearly not allowed. Ugh.

Well, at least you're not scared of him...he's perfectly harmless. As for enjoyment, he actually serves a very important purpose. He is a seizure alert dog, as well as PTSD and panic attacks. So he's not just a pet - he's a working dog. Enjoyment is nice, but his services and talents mean a lot more.

I don't go to the movies anymore either. People have forgotten movie theatre etiquette. They also forget that you should not have your cell phone on during a funeral service, yet I've been to a couple where that has become an issue. Don't you people know any better? Respect for the dead means TURN YOUR DAMN PHONE OFF! It won't kill you to wait for a hour or so to answer your Twitter account or whatever.

"I'm good."

That expression has to go.

I ask people if they want a bag or copy of their receipt or something like that and they say, "Yeah, I'm good."

"No, thanks. I'm good" I can understand. It means no.

"That's ok" and "That's alright" are in the same category since they are frequently preceded by something that sounds like "yeah", but might not be.

"Yes, please" and "No, thank you" are the way to go.

I hate that parents feel an immense need nowadays to overprotect their children, to the point where normal children games are being banned in schools, and a parent starts a protest about a school cause their kid scraped their damn knee. Get over it, boys will fight each other, play football, dodgeball, and insult each other, they are not china dolls, and a few scrapes and bruises won't kill them.

Also please take your kids damn ipads and cell phones away from them and make them go outside, please.