• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jedi

State your unpopular opinion *Mod Warning Post #'s 200 & 219*

Rate this topic

People are whining over having purchase a ticket for infants for the All Star Shame. First of all, why would you spend money and time watching it? There are very few "stars" involved anymore - it's all about the money and promotion and fans who will pay Bettman's prices. Perhaps this is Columbus' way of pointing out you're dumb for bringing a tiny infant to hockey game? Good for Columbus!!

Just my (probably unpopular) opinion -- but why would anyone bring an infant to a hockey game?? It's too loud, the crowd is full of germs, the kid has absolutely NO idea what the Hell is going on. Everyone who has to accomodate the parent/s, dragging baby and bags and paraphernalia down the very narrow aisles and fitting into even narrower seats should be very, very annoyed (Ozzie reference). I know that I would be irritated if I paid hundreds of dollars to the one game that I get to attend per season, and got to put up with someone who won't pay a babysitter.

Caveat: when the kid is walking and talking and understands that hockey is a game to be watched and enjoyed, no problem at all! Little kids and hockey are perfect for each other. Just not human larvae. Stay home, or ask grandma to keep bebe for a few hours.

People are whining over having purchase a ticket for infants for the All Star Shame. First of all, why would you spend money and time watching it? There are very few "stars" involved anymore - it's all about the money and promotion and fans who will pay Bettman's prices. Perhaps this is Columbus' way of pointing out you're dumb for bringing a tiny infant to hockey game? Good for Columbus!!

Just my (probably unpopular) opinion -- but why would anyone bring an infant to a hockey game?? It's too loud, the crowd is full of germs, the kid has absolutely NO idea what the Hell is going on. Everyone who has to accomodate the parent/s, dragging baby and bags and paraphernalia down the very narrow aisles and fitting into even narrower seats should be very, very annoyed (Ozzie reference). I know that I would be irritated if I paid hundreds of dollars to the one game that I get to attend per season, and got to put up with someone who won't pay a babysitter.

Caveat: when the kid is walking and talking and understands that hockey is a game to be watched and enjoyed, no problem at all! Little kids and hockey are perfect for each other. Just not human larvae. Stay home, or ask grandma to keep bebe for a few hours.

Dude, if people don't bring babies, who's going to keep the girls I bring to the game busy.

Ha.

Jk

kinda.

But I don't think this is going to be a very unpopular opinion.

A lady last year brought her couple month old baby to a college hockey game and he slept through the whole game.

I think it's time we stopped looking to entertainment figures to be role models.

There are a lot of good ones out there who use their fame and money for good causes, and I applaud that, but I'm talking about the ones who are doing bad things. We give people gigantic amounts of money that most of us will never come close to having. We surround them with people who constantly tell them how great they are. We treat them as though they are demigods. We can't get enough of them. Then we expect them to act like regular people.

Some can pull it off; some can't.

Why are we not pointing to parents, teachers, and leaders in the community as role models? Granted, not all of them are good people, but if they're people we know, we can judge them on who they are, not what they are portrayed as being.

I'm actually glad that the NFL is done with who slept with whom or hit whom or whatever crimes they committed and are back to arguing about the sport itself and not the people who play it.

It's a game, and a manly one at that. It's taken some time, but the news stories are finally back to men arguing over who has the bigger balls.

It's a game, and a manly one at that. It's taken some time, but the news stories are finally back to men arguing over who has the bigger balls.

Or softer ones, if you're Tom Brady...

Which brings me to my unpopular opinion. I can't stand the New England Patriots.

Can we put the guy in the McDonald's commercial (I think it's McDonald's) in the room and give you an extra bullet? Then strap both the bodies to his random red couch and dump it into the Grand Canyon?

I paddle and hike the Grand Canyon, do not want to come across this.

All thats needed would be a download option -> so you have the desired file offline and can watch it whenever without being connected to the internet.

I would like that option... but if they let people download the movies/shows I really don't think they'd be able to keep the price somewhat low...

But it would be cool.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

People on here are full of s*** when it comes to trades.

"Holland has no balls, he's a failure when it comes to trading!"

"Ekman-Larson is available, but now way should they give up their good young players to get him, because POTENTIAL."

I despise reading stuff online with poor spelling and grammar. I don't care if it's Facebook, a Youtube comment, or a LetsGoWings post. If you can't take the time to use proper words and punctuation, your opinions and thoughts count very little with me. I can accept the odd spelling error. I can tolerate the person that doesn't understand the difference between a colon and a semi colon. I can even see both sides of the Oxford Comma debate. What I cannot abide is the blatant disregard for an entire set of rules on which an entire language has been based.

Despite the media saying that guns are a huge problem in the US, they are hardly/none at all of the problem; merely the tool used to voice the many problems this country has.

(Gang violence) - More and more people are realizing you can exploit the US government for food stamps, etc and make no effort to provide for yourself. Living off tax payers money is now ok forever. People born to horrible/useless parents have no role model in their life so they imitate rap music/violent video games, tv etc thinking that's what real life is all about.

(Troubled kid violence) - More and more people are finally realizing that stealing more money out of the school budgets to finance their governors cocaine habit is leading to more and more kids not feeling like their problems are being addressed. Cutting money for supplies, after school programs, paying less and getting less qualified counselors, paying teachers less to the point they don't care as much. It was inevitable that kids will eventually hit the breaking point and lash out.

(PTSD) - Many people complain about military personnel not getting enough medical coverage, pay,etc. It was inevitable that there would be violent out breaks.

Gun free zones are also stupid; like painting a "there's lots of people here and none can defend themselves" sign. Which is where nearly all shootings occur.