• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

One player to put us over the top

Rate this topic

I think we need a solid energy player if Helm does not return and if he does even better. Ryan Callahan or Shawn Mattias would be nice, both probably too expensive, but I would give up Nyquist + Tatar/Ouellet/pick for either.

If I could dream, yeah then Evander Kane or maybe Mika Zibanejad would be nice.

Ryan Callahan is one of my favorite players as I like the "jack of all trades" type forward, but that's a lot to mortgage on the development side for him. I'd rather offer up Franzen + prospect + pick if needed. I have a really good feeling about Nyquist being the next Z though, so I really don't want to put him on the table in any trade. He's a smart kid with a good head on his shoulders and a lot of potential.

Two overrated defensemen who are bad at actual defense? Why?

I didn't know Yandle was so bad at defense. I mean he's positive in +/- while playing for the Coyotes his whole career, that has to amount to something doesn't it?

Not to mention I specifically said we have the defensive defenseman and we need more goal scoring from the point.

I suggested Buf because I didn't think he was too overrated, therefore he wouldn't demand quite as much, not to mention he's got an awesome shot and he's right handed to boot. I know staying in shape has been an issue for him but somehow he still manages to put up the points. I was merely sharing my opinion on who I thought could be a realistic pick up and have an immediate impact on our team. A right handed, goal scoring, defenseman on the point for our powerplay would help quite a bit I'd wager.

coulda had burmistrov for "free".....(khl) BTW...winnipeg switched with us...no compete team.

kid lost his confidence behind coach. needed russian stud to learn from***cough***dats***cough.

day 2 of free agency i would have made this happen.

lose tootoo, emmer, sammy, cleary. get brunner back.

4 out...2 in. would have been my play.

z-pav-burmi

mule-weiss-alfie

brunner-nyquil-andersson

eaves-helm?-bert

miller-tatar rotation

spread mins out over 4 lines and keep balanced attack

also...E.Kane would be a great piece...but expensive. kids got moxie.

Burmistrov didn't want to earn his ice time. He just wanted to be top 6 without outperforming any of the other guys. He has a very entitled attitude. He's a Filppula that doesn't work as hard, but he's got as much potential as Flip and can hit and grind it out better. If anything, I'd move Nyquist or Tatar up to top 6 and put Burmistrov on the 3rd line, but that's if he's "willing" to try to earn top 6 minutes. That was his problem with the Jets last year. Noel is a good coach.

I didn't know Yandle was so bad at defense. I mean he's positive in +/- while playing for the Coyotes his whole career, that has to amount to something doesn't it?

Not to mention I specifically said we have the defensive defenseman and we need more goal scoring from the point.

I suggested Buf because I didn't think he was too overrated, therefore he wouldn't demand quite as much, not to mention he's got an awesome shot and he's right handed to boot. I know staying in shape has been an issue for him but somehow he still manages to put up the points. I was merely sharing my opinion on who I thought could be a realistic pick up and have an immediate impact on our team. A right handed, goal scoring, defenseman on the point for our powerplay would help quite a bit I'd wager.

Dekeyser is really our only stay at home defenseman. Ericsson is a decent shut down guy. I would say we need one good well rounded dman. That's why suter would have been a perfect fit on our team

Ryan Callahan is one of my favorite players as I like the "jack of all trades" type forward, but that's a lot to mortgage on the development side for him. I'd rather offer up Franzen + prospect + pick if needed. I have a really good feeling about Nyquist being the next Z though, so I really don't want to put him on the table in any trade. He's a smart kid with a good head on his shoulders and a lot of potential.

I think it would be worth giving up Nyquist because we got Järnkrok coming up. Järnkrok IS the next Z.

Ilya Kovalchuk?

How long before he can un-retire?

I don't think it'd be very long. I mean how many times did hasek retire? Lol plus he wants to play in the nhl and I don't think they will be as lenient as the nhl if he cuts his contract to return to the nhl.

Guest Crymson

He plays in Dave Tippett's very defensive system, and has generally had a very good goalie behind him. Even Coyotes fans will admit that he is mediocre in his own end. This is why he rarely sees PK time.

Sure, but I think there are those who would argue that we need more than one defensive defenseman. Anyway, Yandle is below Kronwall's level, and, more, would cost a fortune to draw away from the Coyotes, given his affordable contract.

I suggested Buf because I didn't think he was to overrated, therefore he wouldn't demand quite as much, not to mention he's got an awesome shot and he's right handed to boot. I know staying in shape has been an issue for him but somehow he still manages to put up the points. I was merely sharing my opinion on who I thought could be a realistic pick up and have an immediate impact on our team. A right handed, goal scoring, defenseman on the point for our powerplay would help quite a bit I'd wager.

Sure, and I wasn't meaning to attack you. I was just curious why. I don't think you'd particularly like having Byfuglien; in addition to his well-documented difficulties at staying in shape, he's prone to brutal defensive muck-ups. The Blackhawks used him as a forward, and he was arguably more effective there.

I think we need a solid energy player if Helm does not return and if he does even better. Ryan Callahan or Shawn Mattias would be nice, both probably too expensive, but I would give up Nyquist + Tatar/Ouellet/pick for either.

If I could dream, yeah then Evander Kane or maybe Mika Zibanejad would be nice.

Callahan would be fantastic.

I'm excited to see how our roster does as is. We have a lot of young blood this time around in Dekeyser, Nyqvist, Tatar, Anderson, and Smith, and I have high expectations for each of these guys in one way or another. It'll be fun to see them play, alongside the fact that Helm may very well be available, and the Wings will be in a whole new conference, against relatively unfamiliar opponents. The Wings don't have the raw skill that they have possessed in the recent past (as far as we know), but I think the infusion of young blood and new bodies will push the team's hunger and drive over the top, and with the players we have, I think that level of hunger is as dangerous as any skill player could be.

Alex Pietrangelo / Oliver Ekman-Larsson / Alexander Edler / Dustin Byfuglien / Dan Girardi / Kevin Shattenkirk / Marc Staal / John Carlson / Zach Bogosian / Victor Hedman / Tyler Myers / Adam Larsson

Would absolutely love to snag any one of those guys.

Minimum price tag (Byfuglien/Girardi) - Quincey, Jensen, 1st round pick

Maximum price tag (Pietrangelo/Ekman-Larsson) - Quincey, Nyquist, Mrazek, Ouellet, Jurco, 1st round pick.

Alex Pietrangelo / Oliver Ekman-Larsson / Alexander Edler / Dustin Byfuglien / Dan Girardi / Kevin Shattenkirk / Marc Staal / John Carlson / Zach Bogosian / Victor Hedman / Tyler Myers / Adam Larsson

Would absolutely love to snag any one of those guys.

Minimum price tag (Byfuglien/Girardi) - Quincey, Jensen, 1st round pick

Maximum price tag (Pietrangelo/Ekman-Larsson) - Quincey, Nyquist, Mrazek, Ouellet, Jurco, 1st round pick.

Absolutely no to that maximum price tag. No way in hell unless we get both pietrangelo and ekman-larsson Edited by Euro_Twins

Absolutely no to that maximum price tag. No way in hell unless we get both pietrangelo and ekman-larsson

Haha Yes I agree. Initially I left Jurco out. Although I don't think they would ask for much less.

In a trade like this, Quincey is of little to no value as a pending UFA and is more or less to make salary cap/roster room.

Secondly a young #1 stud defenceman is quite possibly the most valuable commodity out there and you would overpay to acquire one.

Saw this topic over at Hfboards and thought it was interesting. Who's the one player that you think would put us over the top, and who would you give to get him. Over there, they put everyone in the league in play and the only stipulation was that you had to give fair value to get him. I'm changing that. Has to fit under the cap, has to be "reasonably" available (so basically no elites like Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin, etc.), has to get fair value in return, and try as best you can to meet the other team's needs as well.

Also, assume that Eaves and Tootoo are gone as well. Giving us an extra 3.2 million toward the cap. As such, we'd be sitting 2.4 million below the cap.

Mine? Evander Kane for Franzen, Mrazek, 1st.

Zetterber-Datsyuk-Kane

Alfie-Weiss-Sammy

Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist

Miller-Helm-Abby

Bert

Kronwall-Ericsson

Dekeyser-Kindl

Smith-Quincey

Lashoff

Howard

Gustavsson

Ah, NO, to Mrazek!

Haha Yes I agree. Initially I left Jurco out. Although I don't think they would ask for much less.

In a trade like this, Quincey is of little to no value as a pending UFA and is more or less to make salary cap/roster room.

Secondly a young #1 stud defenceman is quite possibly the most valuable commodity out there and you would overpay to acquire one.

Ya but you give away future stars and a really good defensive prospect to get that. If we made that deal we might as well be the maple Leafs

Ya but you give away future stars and a really good defensive prospect to get that. If we made that deal we might as well be the maple Leafs

I think calling them future stars is overly optimistic. Nyquist and Mrazek are definitely on their way but still have a ton to prove.

Bottom-line if you're going to go after a guy like that you'd better be prepared to give up a couple of your top prospects. Even more if you're not giving up any quality proven roster players.

I just think it's too easy to list a bunch of b-level prospects along with Franzen if you're expecting to get one of the most valuable defenceman in return.

I think calling them future stars is overly optimistic. Nyquist and Mrazek are definitely on their way but still have a ton to prove.

Bottom-line if you're going to go after a guy like that you'd better be prepared to give up a couple of your top prospects. Even more if you're not giving up any quality proven roster players.

I just think it's too easy to list a bunch of b-level prospects along with Franzen if you're expecting to get one of the most valuable defenceman in return.

Sure but that package was a bit crazy. One of either Mrazek or Nyquist, with Jurco or Oullet, and a pick would suffice, with the addition of a roster player

He plays in Dave Tippett's very defensive system, and has generally had a very good goalie behind him. Even Coyotes fans will admit that he is mediocre in his own end. This is why he rarely sees PK time.

Sure, but I think there are those who would argue that we need more than one defensive defenseman. Anyway, Yandle is below Kronwall's level, and, more, would cost a fortune to draw away from the Coyotes, given his affordable contract.

Sure, and I wasn't meaning to attack you. I was just curious why. I don't think you'd particularly like having Byfuglien; in addition to his well-documented difficulties at staying in shape, he's prone to brutal defensive muck-ups. The Blackhawks used him as a forward, and he was arguably more effective there.

To clarify, I didn't feel like you were attacking me. I was just trying to explain the logic I was using to suggest those players. I know sometimes tone is a hard thing to decipher when reading what someone writes, as opposed to actually hearing them say it.

I guess my biggest reasons for picking Buf is that I think he would be relatively affordable, right handed and knows how to shoot. I think our power play is just starting to drive me crazy. The whole using a (normally right-handed) forward-on-the-point thing is not paying off too well. I really wish we could get a Rafalski type dman on this team, THAT would send us over the top.

Sure but that package was a bit crazy. One of either Mrazek or Nyquist, with Jurco or Oullet, and a pick would suffice, with the addition of a roster player

No way the Blues would trade their franchise defenseman for that package. If they would even consider trading Pietrangelo (for financial reasons or whatever), they would ask for top names. Smith, Dekeyser and Mrazek for sure. THEN maybe a pick or prospect like Nyquist/Jurco.

Guest DeGraa55

Saw this topic over at Hfboards and thought it was interesting. Who's the one player that you think would put us over the top, and who would you give to get him. Over there, they put everyone in the league in play and the only stipulation was that you had to give fair value to get him. I'm changing that. Has to fit under the cap, has to be "reasonably" available (so basically no elites like Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin, etc.), has to get fair value in return, and try as best you can to meet the other team's needs as well.

Also, assume that Eaves and Tootoo are gone as well. Giving us an extra 3.2 million toward the cap. As such, we'd be sitting 2.4 million below the cap.

Mine? Evander Kane for Franzen, Mrazek, 1st.

Zetterber-Datsyuk-Kane

Alfie-Weiss-Sammy

Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist

Miller-Helm-Abby

Bert

Kronwall-Ericsson

Dekeyser-Kindl

Smith-Quincey

Lashoff

Howard

Gustavsson

I actually like that trade. I doubt WIN does it though. Idk if they want franzen horrible contract.

With that said a guy like Kane or a #1 defenseman put us over the top and make us legitimate contenders.

No way the Blues would trade their franchise defenseman for that package. If they would even consider trading Pietrangelo (for financial reasons or whatever), they would ask for top names. Smith, Dekeyser and Mrazek for sure. THEN maybe a pick or prospect like Nyquist/Jurco.

Agred if the Blues can't come to term with Alex he will get traded for a heavy package, but the guy is worth it. A few years down the road he might be the best defender in the NHL