• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

unsaddleddonald

Franzen: "I am not a goal scorer"

Rate this topic

Right, which is why you're obviously in favor of seeing Cleary and Sammy over Tatar and Nyquist this season yeah? Gotta go with the known, the consistent, and not the unknown, short term success of the "sexy package". Franzen was a young(ish) goal scorer on the rise in 2009. Hossa was a known commodity who wanted more money. Holland gambled. It's easy to say he gambled incorrectly, but it's not like the deal has turned out bad for us. Franzen has been a good player. Just not better than Hossa.

Did you just compare Marian Hossa to Daniel Cleary and Mikael Samuelsson???

Edited by Bannedforlife

Did you just compare Marian Hossa to Daniel Cleary and Mikael Samuelsson???

Yep, you totally got the point. I obviously think Marian Hossa, Mikael Samuelsson, and Dan Cleary are all just as good as one another. Case closed Columbo.

Or...I could have been making the point that keeping a known commodity over taking a gamble on guys with promise, but who are still unproven, is not always a good idea. It may have been in the Hossa/Franzen case, but time will tell whether it's a good idea to keep Cleary and Samuelsson around over "unproven" alternatives like Tatar and Nyquist.

They had the same number of points last season.

shhh, don't say that too loud, the naysayers are on-looking with stats, but refuse to give any thought to the ones you present proving them wrong, instead the respond with conjecture and fortune telling