• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Minnesota debuts new road uniforms

Rate this topic

Better. Now they just need new home ones- the less elfin, the better.

The red and green in the logo is fine, but there needs to be less red in the rest of the uni or the whole thing looks like their helmets should have pointy ears and their skates should have curly toes.

The red or green?

If I were in charge, I would make a green and white jersey that's like a home version of the new road jerseys, then ditch both the current "Christmas" home jerseys and the third jerseys too.

But, that's just my opinion.

Is it just me or do all of these "new" sweaters just look the same? It's like teams that want to sell more merch just make an extremely stripped-down version of their old design to lower the material and production costs and... oh wait...

I like the "newer" new ones rather than the new Rbk edge uniforms introduced in 2007, where nearly half the teams had that awful piping on theirs.

Improvement, yet somehow still evil. Oh, wait, no, that's just The Parise Effect.

For the record, I really, really like their green special jerseys. Why not just make this their road and the green one their home? That'd be cool.

Is it just me or do all of these "new" sweaters just look the same? It's like teams that want to sell more merch just make an extremely stripped-down version of their old design to lower the material and production costs and... oh wait...

Yes.

They look a little less like Christmas decorations now, but still look a lot like Christmas decorations. Until the Parise/Suter thing, I always had an affinity for the Wild. Mostly because I think Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin are all alike in a lot of ways (mid-western, northern, all that). But having said that, I always hated their color scheme.

They look a little less like Christmas decorations now, but still look a lot like Christmas decorations. Until the Parise/Suter thing, I always had an affinity for the Wild. Mostly because I think Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin are all alike in a lot of ways (mid-western, northern, all that). But having said that, I always hated their color scheme.

I used to like the idea of the Wild's success, but they play a too boring style for that.

Interesting read from Icethetics regarding the design process for the new sweater. Never knew that the process was so involved, and that the league had requirements regarding timeframe from start to finish. Worth a read, for sure.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/9/2/behind-the-wilds-new-sweater.html