• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

They look a little less like Christmas decorations now, but still look a lot like Christmas decorations.  Until the Parise/Suter thing, I always had an affinity for the Wild.  Mostly because I think Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin are all alike in a lot of ways (mid-western, northern, all that).  But having said that, I always hated their color scheme.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#22 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

An improvement for sure. I especially like the newly added laces as well as the colour separation between the jersey and pants.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#23 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

They changed a few colors and a font. Big deal. They will still suck, play 6 goalies this year and be hard to watch.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#24 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

They look a little less like Christmas decorations now, but still look a lot like Christmas decorations.  Until the Parise/Suter thing, I always had an affinity for the Wild.  Mostly because I think Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin are all alike in a lot of ways (mid-western, northern, all that).  But having said that, I always hated their color scheme.

I used to like the idea of the Wild's success, but they play a too boring style for that. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#25 Jedi

Jedi

Galmar Stone-Fist. Stormcloak. Wings Fan.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

Interesting read from Icethetics regarding the design process for the new sweater. Never knew that the process was so involved, and that the league had requirements regarding timeframe from start to finish. Worth a read, for sure.

http://www.icethetic...ew-sweater.html

2cwlto0.jpg

#26 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,700 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

Good read, Jedi.

They forgot to mention that the font has to be small enough to fit Niederrieter on the back. :P

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#27 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

Just me but laces added to any hockey jersey just instantly makes it better. I like this a bit better but the shoulders look too square.

I agree.  I think all jerseys should have laces.  As for the "new" jerserys, they're barely changed.  The stripes on the bottom and less dark green on the sleeves, likely cause the old white jerseys had too much dark on them and that's just obnoxious to do in a white design.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!