• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

What forward is the Red Wings X Factor?

Rate this topic

X Factor  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really like this post....so many factors to consider! I actually think it's Gus and here is my rationale. We know the stellar career Alfie has had and we know what he brings. Weiss was a guy I have wanted since day one and he adds a depth that I love. Hank is a rockstar and Pavel the same. Franzen....well....he is like an unstable relationship that you constantly think about ending because when it's good, it's awesome and when it's bad...it's Sh#t. Gus....all the tools are there. He has good vision, soft hands and he works his Nyqvist off! The guy in my opinion could be the difference on this team, the X factor for the Wings. Put all of talent together with a healthy dose of self confidence and he can EASILY score 20+ goals. The flip side is that if he isn't prepared or gets skittish or overwhlemee by the pace of the game, it really changes the dynamics of the 3rd line!

I hope he is awesome like the player I think he can be and I hope he is the X factor for this team!

ill agree with you that would be a good line combination.. it wont happen though cause Weiss will not play the wing.

look how messed up our "other" line would be Weiss Dats Abby

Unless Babs spread out the scoring and they looked like this

Franzen, Z, Alfie

Nyquist, Dats, Abby

Tatar, Weiss, Sammy (or whoever)

Miller, Helm, Andy (or whoever)

they doesn't look terrible at all as a second option if the matchups aren't working

Guest mjtm77

My x factor goes to "the defense" We all know our offense is going to be amazing. We finally have a real top 6. Oh and Alfie will do better then most people think he will. He is more motivated, not the lead guy anymore, and fits our offensive system better then he fit in Ottawa.. BUT or defense is young and will hit growing pains. It might be a long season on the back end for the Redwings...

Guest mjtm77

Unless Babs spread out the scoring and they looked like this

Franzen, Z, Alfie

Nyquist, Dats, Abby

Tatar, Weiss, Sammy (or whoever)

Miller, Helm, Andy (or whoever)

they doesn't look terrible at all as a second option if the matchups aren't working

agreed our offensive looks good which ever way you shake it. I personally like one of these two combos for the top 9.

Zetterberg Datsyuk Abby

Alfredsson Weiss Franzen

Nyquist Helm Tatar

--------------------------------

Zetterberg Datsyuk Alfredsson

Nyquist Weiss Franzen

Tatar Helm Bertuzzi

which top 6 do u guys like????? pros and cons to both !

For this season only, I voted Alfredsson.

I doubt we'll have him for long, and we remember how disappointing that Modano signing was, albeit under different circumstances.

When Alfie leaves after a year or so, I'd have to vote for Franzen or one of the young guns.

Franzen....well....he is like an unstable relationship that you constantly think about ending because when it's good, it's awesome and when it's bad...it's Sh#t.

So what you're saying is that Franzen is the "yeah, I know, but he's really good in bed" of the Wings? :lol:

I really want Goose to turn into a superstar. I think I'm setting the bar a bit high lol.

ETA: I voted for Weiss, for the reasons already stated. *fingers crossed*

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

I personally like one of these two combos for the top 9.

Zetterberg Datsyuk Abby

Alfredsson Weiss Franzen

Nyquist Helm Tatar

--------------------------------

Zetterberg Datsyuk Alfredsson

Nyquist Weiss Franzen

Tatar Helm Bertuzzi

which top 6 do u guys like????? pros and cons to both !

Time for this thread.

So what you're saying is that Franzen is the "yeah, I know, but he's really good in bed" of the Wings? :lol:

Gross....I had a visual...but that's kinda what I meant!

I really want Goose to turn into a superstar. I think I'm setting the bar a bit high lol.

ETA: I voted for Weiss, for the reasons already stated. *fingers crossed*

The thing I really like about having Weiss is he's, I think, primarily a playmaker. So, he's a playmaker who can put the puck in the net. What that gives us is more than just a threatening second-line center - it opens up a world of possibilities, and room, and potential for our entire top-six.

Love it, in theory.

And unlike Filppula, he WILL shoot and has grit. Me likey.

Helm says he is not pain free. I dont think this guy will be playing professional hockey for much longer

I'd expect him to have some pain at this point. He seems to be on the grin-and-bear-it treatment track, i.e. accepting that you may very well be in physical pain for the rest of your life, etc.