Photo
- - - - -

Samuelsson never approached about a buy out?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rip32yessir

rip32yessir

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

http://www.detroitne...son?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

According to this article from the Detroit News.  Maybe the Wings felt he would try to block it with his injury but not sure why it didn't even seem like an option.  Really feel like his 3 mil cap hit could be better used elsewhere but who knows. 

#2 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Well, at the time I very much got the impression that KH was warned off by Sammy's agent, and when the likes of Khaaaaaaaaaaan started reporting that Sammy could file a grievance with the NHLPA he clearly wasn't making it up, either KH or the agent had briefed him off the record.

I did laugh at this quote though, straight outta the Babcock playbook :lol:

If you play good, you play, and if you don't play good, you don't play.  It's that simple and that's the way it should be"

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#3 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Meaningless. If they did say something it would do neither side any good to admit it. If they didn't it could be because they knew what would happen just like I know what happens when my ex-wife calls after she spends money on something stupid and is broke because of it. Or he could have had his agent tell them not to bother before they had a chance to mention it.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#4 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

Well, at the time I very much got the impression that KH was warned off by Sammy's agent, and when the likes of Khaaaaaaaaaaan started reporting that Sammy could file a grievance with the NHLPA he clearly wasn't making it up, either KH or the agent had briefed him off the record.

I did laugh at this quote though, straight outta the Babcock playbook :lol:

That was my understanding of the whole Sammy ordeal
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image