• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rip32yessir

Samuelsson never approached about a buy out?

Rate this topic

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130904/SPORTS0103/309040105/Wings-Mikael-Samuelsson-ready-fight-job-after-crazy-wasted-season?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

According to this article from the Detroit News. Maybe the Wings felt he would try to block it with his injury but not sure why it didn't even seem like an option. Really feel like his 3 mil cap hit could be better used elsewhere but who knows.

Well, at the time I very much got the impression that KH was warned off by Sammy's agent, and when the likes of Khaaaaaaaaaaan started reporting that Sammy could file a grievance with the NHLPA he clearly wasn't making it up, either KH or the agent had briefed him off the record.

I did laugh at this quote though, straight outta the Babcock playbook :lol:

If you play good, you play, and if you don't play good, you don't play. It's that simple and that's the way it should be"

Meaningless. If they did say something it would do neither side any good to admit it. If they didn't it could be because they knew what would happen just like I know what happens when my ex-wife calls after she spends money on something stupid and is broke because of it. Or he could have had his agent tell them not to bother before they had a chance to mention it.

Well, at the time I very much got the impression that KH was warned off by Sammy's agent, and when the likes of Khaaaaaaaaaaan started reporting that Sammy could file a grievance with the NHLPA he clearly wasn't making it up, either KH or the agent had briefed him off the record.

I did laugh at this quote though, straight outta the Babcock playbook :lol:

That was my understanding of the whole Sammy ordeal