• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Buffalo Sabres unveil new third jerseys

Rate this topic

The Buffalo Sabres have unveiled new third jerseys on twitter today, with the help of Steve Ott. Trying something new, the Sabres have a jersey that has different colors for the front and back (yellow front, blue back), a first for the NHL.

And GOD are they awful. Kudos for trying something new, but these are possibly the worst new jersey revealed this summer, and that's including the Team USA sweaters...

570x375xSabres-Jersey-Leak-2013-Steve-Ot

BTVPXbjIEAEXla6.jpg_large.jpg

Greg "Puck Daddy" Wyshynski is apparently not a fan either...

These look like warm-up jerseys for an indoor lacrosse team. The “Buffalo” font is terrible. The two different types of yellow are terrible. The gray inside the number that doesn’t carry over to the name plate is terrible. The gray on the arms, making it look like the player dipped his sleeves in wet cement ...terrible. And, sorry, is that some kind of lapel they’ve built in around the NHL logo on the neckline? Is Steve Ott going to skate out wearing an ascot? Or perhaps a fancy broach?

If nothing else, this jersey disproves our theory that you can put the Sabres logo on anything and it’s automatically awesome. Don’t tell us we have to rethink Sriracha too.

It also leads us to assume that team president Ted Black moved the guy who did the Ville Leino contract over to the Sabres’ uniform development department, based on these results.

Ouch.

The buffalo in the logo looks like it got drunk and fell over, or like it's falling out of the sky and is going to land on the sabres.

I don't mind the back of the jersey at all, but it seems like whoever was creating it took a s*** and died before making his way to the front thus leaving the rest of the jersey to be finished by his 11 year old niece. No offense to 11 year old girls, most of whom could probably design a better jersey.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

buffjersey.jpg

This franchise had amazing jerseys, and then completely changed their design to something worse. First, they went to the "retarded" Sabres logo, for those black, white and red jerseys. You know, the one with the crooked neck. Then, they got even worse but introducing the Buffalo slug (albeit with the original team colors).

Recently, they've brought back their original jersey as a 3rd jersey, so maybe it's heading in the right direction.

It's just sad that changing something good to something crappy actually prompts people to go out and buy new jerseys, because that's what's driving all these changes in the first place.

These might be the ugliest NHL jerseys I've ever seen.

Not helped by the fact that Steve Ott is modeling it.

Seriously man. Their original jerseys I could argue are one of the best ever, yet they continue to put out ugly crap. Is this how they sustain their market? Selling ugly jerseys to their loyal fan base?

The entire team has been falling apart, not just the jerseys. I hope Ruff wrecks shop under Nill in Dallas

good lord thats awful looks like quilt made of all kinds of ideas colours and patterns how did this make it from design to production without being stopped by someone anyone yuck, I certainly hope they dont wear those when Detroit is in town.

The buffalo in the logo looks like it got drunk and fell over, or like it's falling out of the sky and is going to land on the sabres.

I don't mind the back of the jersey at all, but it seems like whoever was creating it took a s*** and died before making his way to the front thus leaving the rest of the jersey to be finished by his 11 year old niece. No offense to 11 year old girls, most of whom could probably design a better jersey.

It really does now that you mentioned it. It's tongue is hanging out like it's gonna wake up in 13 hours and take 10 minutes to moisten again after drunkenly mouth breathing all night.

Those jerseys are atrocious. Mabus' "BARF" pretty much sums that one up.