• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BottleOfSmoke

Canadian Olympic Jerseys Leaked?

Rate this topic

A zoomed in version of the previous photo. Shows the "fake laces" details, as well as what might be Canada's version of the "shiny shoulder stars", which will probably be maple leafs or something...

teamcanandamaybe.jpg

Oh yeah, and that's a gold border around the maple leaf.

A zoomed in version of the previous photo. Shows the "fake laces" details, as well as what might be Canada's version of the "shiny shoulder stars", which will probably be maple leafs or something...

teamcanandamaybe.jpg

Oh yeah, and that's a gold border around the maple leaf.

It looks like a cheap sweatshirt dealy. Like, something you'd buy for $8 at a trashy airport terminal shop. Or in some moldy bin at Walmart. Or for sale at Epcot.

And why is the bottom of the leaf cut off like that? Is the stem suddenly offensive? And, yeah, wtf is with the gold border? And, to me, the "fake laces" are more reminiscent of the familiar DNA double helix. (Imagine what someone who has no conception of hockey jersey laces would think/see. "Um, so wait, what's that thing? It looks like something was, uh, glued there? Is it, like, the DNA thing? But why is the DNA thing all ghosty?") Also:

Semen stains the mountain shoulder tops.

So every team has the fake laces?? And there seems to be something shiny on the shoulders as well. Another jersey fail by Nike, what a surprise.

I do believe the shiny somethings on the shoulders are maple leaves as well. I'll also point out that if you look closely, the leaf on the front has a gold border too.

I don't feel so bad about USA's anymore.

My thoughts exactly. And what's with them putting a white stripe on the left arm, and leaving the right arm completely solid red? By far the worst jerseys of all. And that's really saying something, considering how bad Nike messed up all the other team's jerseys.

From Hockey Canada:

Hockey Canada will unveil and launch the jerseys that its men's, women's and sledge hockey teams will wear at the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Sochi on October 8.

We look forward to telling the story and innovation behind the jerseys at that time.

I wonder if the "jersey statement" will begin with "Once upon a time,..."?

How, in only four years time, they went from one of the best Team Canada jersey designs of all time to this (allegedly) is beyond me.

Nike wants to prove that David Hannum was right all along.

I don't actually hate them.

I don't like the fake laces, I don't like the gold outline on the maple leaf, and I don't like that the maple leaf kind of looks like the petrocan logo BUT I like them better than the USA jerseys so I'll take it.

I don't actually hate them.

I don't like the fake laces, I don't like the gold outline on the maple leaf, and I don't like that the maple leaf kind of looks like the petrocan logo BUT I like them better than the USA jerseys so I'll take it.

Ouch. That's like saying Sammy's cuter than the Sedins so he must be ok. :)

I'm actually ok with the gold outline on the maple leaf. The fake laces and shiny shoulders? Not so much.

So, it's obvious the same company is designing these things...they should be fired...actually the person or committee that selected the ones to be used should be fired...Detroit City Council could have made a better decision than these!

Both the US and Canada jersey's are atrocious...epic, epic fail.