• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Osgood to fill in Larry Murphy's job

Rate this topic

You can ask questions here. JIC, I already submitted your question!

I love Ozzie, and I'm sure he'll do a good job, but.....didn't they give some song-and-dance that they were letting Murph go because they didn't need another guy?

What gives?

I think we all called BS on that one. We'll never know, unless someone kidnaps Murph or a FS exec and pumps them full of sodium pentothal.

I think we all called BS on that one. We'll never know, unless someone kidnaps Murph or a FS exec and pumps them full of sodium pentothal.

yeah i remember just about no one believing that.

the general consensus was that there had to be more to it

edit: and ozzie getting hired just about proves that

Edited by amato

Oh, pleasepleaseplease let me be the Murphnapper.

I looked back in the Murph got fired thread. They said that they let him go because Mickey and Ken were going to be broadcasting the rest of the games so Murph would not be needed.

Obviously BS.

Not trying to turn this into a Murph thread, however. (Ok- one more quick note: In that thread, I had jokingly suggested Jenna Osgood to replace Murph.)

Ozzie has more of a subtle humour. Obviously he knows the game and the Wings. When he's between the glass he and Mickey should play well with each other.

I wonder if he'll keep on goal-coaching when the team's on the road. Mickey didn't go on a lot of the longer trips for health reasons, but now that we're in the East, he probably won't need Ozzie to fill in in that capacity, so it pretty much leaves Ozzie for home games or if Ken or Mickey gets sick/can't make it.

Should be a fun time. Bring on the hockey.

Guest Crymson

Ozzie had better start drinking. He's got big shoes to fill!

I personally prefer torture. The application of pressure to various nerves and pressure points can produce excruciating pain, and---unless one is conditioned to resist it---this is more likely to produce results than any truth serum.

(kidding, of course... ahem)

Ozzie has more of a subtle humour. Obviously he knows the game and the Wings. When he's between the glass he and Mickey should play well with each other.

Everyone likes Ozzie. It's a good move for the network.

Murphy's job was as a color commentator and analyst. At least, on paper. But I think we all know his REAL "job" was to get fans excited about $1 hot dog night. And no one could do that better than good ole' Murph.

Best of luck to Ozzie in his new venture. I think he'll be great at this, though perhaps not as entertainingly as Murph...

hotdogs.jpg

Regardless, Ozzie is just a seat filler until Pavel hangs up his skates & goes into broadcasting.

If Pav comes on, Homer's going to join him. Can you imagine the combination Swenglish and Englissian that would be flying through the airwaves?

I'm still mad that they let Murphy go (at least without being truthful to the viewers), but I will enjoy Ozzie's humor.

Homer would be hysterical, if you could understand him. I can just see a Swenglish dollar hot dog promo. Unfortunately, his thick accent would probably turn off the casual viewer. The guy was just a warrior in front of the crease, and I bet he has a huge pool of stories he could tell from his playing days. Plus, I think he'd have a great insight. Ozzie should do well though.

Ultimately, if Homer were to train a couple of prospects or guys like Abby to become a net front presence even half as good as he was, think of how crazy opposing goalies and dmen would be driven.

Homer would be hysterical, if you could understand him. I can just see a Swenglish dollar hot dog promo. Unfortunately, his thick accent would probably turn off the casual viewer. The guy was just a warrior in front of the crease, and I bet he has a huge pool of stories he could tell from his playing days. Plus, I think he'd have a great insight. Ozzie should do well though.

Ultimately, if Homer were to train a couple of prospects or guys like Abby to become a net front presence even half as good as he was, think of how crazy opposing goalies and dmen would be driven.

If and when Ken & Mickey retire, I want Pavel & Homer in the booth with Hudler back as the guy between the glass.

Honestly, I love this and it ALMOST makes up for firing Murphy (but definitely doesn't). I'm pumped to hear the banter between Ken, Mick, and Ozzie and I'm even more thrilled to see the interaction between Ozzie and his former teammates. Murphy was always the funny older guy who a handful of older Wings played with; Ozzie has recently played with half the team, including the really interview-prone ones. I can't wait to see the exchange of s***-eating-grins with a little wink-nudge. Great for the entertainment factor.

I wonder if he'll keep on goal-coaching when the team's on the road. Mickey didn't go on a lot of the longer trips for health reasons, but now that we're in the East, he probably won't need Ozzie to fill in in that capacity, so it pretty much leaves Ozzie for home games or if Ken or Mickey gets sick/can't make it.

Should be a fun time. Bring on the hockey.

He said he would not be working one on one with the guys, but he'll keep in phone contact with them.