• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Selanne vs. Jagr: First to 700?

Rate this topic

Who do you think will get to 700 (regular season) goals first? Jagr has a slight lead with 681 to Selanne's 675. He has a 252 more regular season assists than Selanne with only 4 more regular season games played.

And the second question, who would you rather see end up with the higher total? At this point I see them as pretty much the same player. They are one-dimensional, ex-elite snipers with too many miles on their engines that you don't want open in the slot. I think they have had similar careers (being both faces of franchises and hired guns, Jagr more the latter).

For me, I would rather see Selanne on top. For some reason I guess seeing him against the Wings more with the Ducks, Sharks, and Avs has given me more respect for his play. Kariya and Selanne ending up on the Avs at the same time pissed me right off.

Plus, I guess Jagr's recent league-hopping (both with NHL and KHL teams) has put me off to his accomplishments. I think if he would have accepted a contract with the Pens instead of NJ (as sickening as it is) I would have had more respect for him finishing his career in PIT.

Who do you think will get to 700 (regular season) goals first? Jagr has a slight lead with 681 to Selanne's 675. He has a 252 more regular season assists than Selanne with only 4 more regular season games played.

And the second question, who would you rather see end up with the higher total? At this point I see them as pretty much the same player. They are one-dimensional, ex-elite snipers with too many miles on their engines that you don't want open in the slot. I think they have had similar careers (being both faces of franchises and hired guns, Jagr more the latter).

For me, I would rather see Selanne on top. For some reason I guess seeing him against the Wings more with the Ducks, Sharks, and Avs has given me more respect for his play. Kariya and Selanne ending up on the Avs at the same time pissed me right off.

Plus, I guess Jagr's recent league-hopping (both with NHL and KHL teams) has put me off to his accomplishments. I think if he would have accepted a contract with the Pens instead of NJ (as sickening as it is) I would have had more respect for him finishing his career in PIT.

Selanne needs 25 goals jagr needs 19. I doubt either will hit 20 goals this year so it's more realistic to assume jagr hits it, if either do

Selanne will get there faster, but Jagr is miles ahead of Selanne on the NHL's all time greatest players list.

Selanne never had the consistent dominance and individual awards that Jagr had. He couldn't take over games the way Jaromir could either.

I think neither will. Sure Jagr has 19 to go but his team is atrocious and could very well become the worst team in the east alongside the Panthers. Selanne and the Ducks are much better so if I had to choose I would bet on him, Jagr did nothing for the Bruins.

I wouldn't call NJ atrocious. Even w/o Kovy they're a dangerous team. Very underrated despite financial problems. Plus Jagr will probably get good minutes with Zajac and some other emerging good players

I think neither will. Sure Jagr has 19 to go but his team is atrocious and could very well become the worst team in the east alongside the Panthers. Selanne and the Ducks are much better so if I had to choose I would bet on him, Jagr did nothing for the Bruins.

I wouldn't call NJ atrocious. Even w/o Kovy they're a dangerous team. Very underrated despite financial problems. Plus Jagr will probably get good minutes with Zajac and some other emerging good players

Well if your best line is based on Jagr and Zajac the team is usually in for a long season. New Jersey Devils have to hope that Larrson steps up, Schneider sharing duties with Brodeur and of course other young players having a great season.

To me that's a lot of ifs but I certainly wish them well.

Jagr is/was a far superior player. 90s Jagr is one of the greatest players all-time, 8th all-time in points despite never playing in the 80s (unlike 6 of the 7 in front of him) and spending most of his career in the DPE.