• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jaymister

Boyes and Thomas trying out for Panthers

Rate this topic

Brad Boyes and Tim Thomas have both been signed to professional tryout contracts by the Florida Panthers. Boyes i could see sticking with the Panthers but Thomas may be out of luck if he wants to be the starter in Florida as Jacob Markstrom may be finally ready to be a number 1 goalie. At any rate i'm interested to see if Thomas can return to his allstar form.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=431575

Brad Boyes and Tim Thomas have both been signed to professional tryout contracts by the Florida Panthers. Boyes i could see sticking with the Panthers but Thomas may be out of luck if he wants to be the starter in Florida as Jacob Markstrom may be finally ready to be a number 1 goalie. At any rate i'm interested to see if Thomas can return to his allstar form.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=431575

I'am very happy for Timmay classy guy and a great mentor for Markstrom. Boyes will be a great tutor for Gudbranson.

Hope, Timmay Thomas will return to his allstar-style.

Edited by frankgrimes

I also heard they were looking at Bryz.

Correct.

"@DarrenDreger: Panthers await word from Thomas and Bryzgalov. Can't have both, but intrigued to see if either can earn a spot thru a camp invite."

Dreger also had this to add.. should be interesting to see what plays out

"@DarrenDreger: Florida believes Markstrom is ready to be a fulltime starter. He's earned a shot at it, but Tallon doesn't like missing an opportunity."

Well if they want a real mentor Timmay is the one to go. Bryzgalov will end up in the Khl The question is why should he sign there and move his family again?

It sounds to me like he will only sign on with a team that will give him the starting job. The question is will he return to form after his hiatus.

It sounds to me like he will only sign on with a team that will give him the starting job. The question is will he return to form after his hiatus.

It's not like the guy hasn't skated during his time off or trained hard but expecting the number 1 job after 1 year might be a stretch. This could very well become a lesser Brodeur/Schneider situation. Markstrom would learn from a Stanley Cup winner, a Vezina winner who had unreal save percentage it doesn't get better than this.

Although with the defense the Panthers are having, both numbers won't be good that's for sure.

It's not like the guy hasn't skated during his time off or trained hard but expecting the number 1 job after 1 year might be a stretch. This could very well become a lesser Brodeur/Schneider situation. Markstrom would learn from a Stanley Cup winner, a Vezina winner who had unreal save percentage it doesn't get better than this.

Although with the defense the Panthers are having, both numbers won't be good that's for sure.

The problem with Thomas is none of the top 15 teams in the league need a number 1 goalie which leaves him on a crappy team, his own fault really.

The problem with Thomas is none of the top 15 teams in the league need a number 1 goalie which leaves him on a crappy team, his own fault really.

Focusing on things like faith, friendship and family is never a bad thing. The guy is already extremely rich has won everything and took a year off Rask would have taken over at some point, so I really don't blame him. I mean look at the Flames who is their number 1 goalie now? They could really need a guy like Timmay or even the "Perds" if Rinne isn't healthy anytime soon.

Focusing on things like faith, friendship and family is never a bad thing. The guy is already extremely rich has won everything and took a year off Rask would have taken over at some point, so I really don't blame him. I mean look at the Flames who is their number 1 goalie now? They could really need a guy like Timmay or even the "Perds" if Rinne isn't healthy anytime soon.

Calgary could definitely use him, but again they're a team that's not going to be anywhere near the playoffs.