• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Pietrangelo Talks Break Off

Rate this topic

He is an RFA, can the WIngs trade for his rights?

Or does it have to be an offer sheet?

Not that the Wings could fit him under the cap, but I would easily trade Ericsson and Kindl or Quincey just for the rights to try and work out a deal with him, if possible.

He is an RFA, can the WIngs trade for his rights?

Or does it have to be an offer sheet?

Not that the Wings could fit him under the cap, but I would easily trade Ericsson and Kindl or Quincey just for the rights to try and work out a deal with him, if possible.

Yes an RFAs rights can be traded. For an example see Kessel, Phil. If Kenny were to try to pull off getting him, I think there would be a better chance it would be in the form of a trade & not an offer sheet. Depending on what was sent back to St Louis, there could be a possibility of fitting him under the cap too.

"...he knows the offer sheet system in the NHL is a toothless joke."

couldn't have said it much better :P no doubt in my mind he'll be a blue for life (or damn near close) but holy s*** if the wings could land this guy!

....too bad it'd take a miricle.

"...he knows the offer sheet system in the NHL is a toothless joke."

couldn't have said it much better :P no doubt in my mind he'll be a blue for life (or damn near close) but holy s*** if the wings could land this guy!

....too bad it'd take a miricle.

I just wonder if Kenny could talk them into taking Sammy's contract on too if he blew them away with an offer.

Problem is not only rooster space but much more cap limit. We are already over it and Pietroangelo will demand something around and above 4 Mil. . Freeing that will be very hard.

not enough space for roosters on this team :bye:

really tho, he would command a lot more than 4 mill. i'd say at least 7.

and the space (both cap and roster) would have to be subtracted via a trade for him.

it's a long shot and 99.9% chance it doesn't happen.. but a guy can dream right?

edit: forgot to quote

I just wonder if Kenny could talk them into taking Sammy's contract on too if he blew them away with an offer.

if only.. i don't know if we have what it takes to make that kind of an offer. i don't know if any team does haha

Edited by amato

Problem is not only rooster space but much more cap limit. We are already over it and Pietroangelo will demand something around and above 4 Mil. . Freeing that will be very hard.

The Wings are a little over $600k above the cap right now & can exceed it by another ~$5.8m from now until the end of camp. The $4m+ for Pietrangelo would be offset too by the fact that the Blues would want current NHL talent in return. What if in a trade, Kenny includes Franzen & Ericsson. That's $7.2m off the cap right there.

Edit: Not that we'll ever find out, but this thread is making me really curious about the talks between Kenny & David Poile about Shea Weber last offseason. Do wonder what the offer Kenny made was & what Nashville wanted in return.

Edited by ogreslayer

Guest Crymson

If we didn't have such a problem with roster space as it is... I'd say Offer Sheet. (Not that Kenny Holland ever would)

Very few GMs ever would. There are a whopping four GMs in the league today who have served an offer sheet in their career, and only eight have been given in the past 15 years.

Very few GMs ever would. There are a whopping four GMs in the league today who have served an offer sheet in their career, and only eight have been given in the past 15 years.

Total non story if someone is low-ballwing and disrespecting the best player on a stacked team like this, offer sheet him. If I were Pietrangelo I'd tell Armstrong to go f...himself and that I'll sign an offer-sheet he shouldn't even think about matching it, because it would call my agent to tell in clear words that I want out.