• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

So....did Cleary just take Tatar's spot?

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

Yes, I'm afraid so. Tatar will be joining Brunner in Switzerland this season. Tatar will never play for the Red Wings. The Wings first line is Bertuzzi-Cleary-Samuelsson. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are being traded to make room for Cleary as well.

Ok first. Lets be honest someone is gonna get hurt in training camp. It happens every year. Sammy last year, Fil, Mursak the year before. It ALWAYS happens. Especially this year when so many people are fighting for spots. So unless something absurd happens we will most likely have to get rid of one less than we think we will. So it is entirely possible that Cleary could be extremely useful on this team.

or i'm just trying to make the best of a cluster ****

Edited by wingedominance13

Z-Dats-Abby

Alfie-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Bertuzzi/Sammy

To answer your question...no.

I wouldn't make that a definite no. From the looks of the training camp roster, Tatar was going to be fighting for time on the 4th line. With Helm on IR, looks like the prefered 3rd line is Gus-Andy-Bert with Miller-Emmerton-Sammy/Eaves/Tootoo/Tatar on the 4th depending on who is left when everything shakes out. Add Cleary into that mix now too.

Yes, I'm afraid so. Tatar will be joining Brunner in Switzerland this season. Tatar will never play for the Red Wings. The Wings first line is Bertuzzi-Cleary-Samuelsson. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are being traded to make room for Cleary as well.

Guessing Tatar will be waived and Nyquist sent to GR, with Cleary being double-shifted all season. We're possibly looking at a Dekeyser+Smith trade to bring in Cleary's grandfather as a veteran presence on D.

wow you guys are a regular abbott and costello eh?

here's what i don't get - the training camp lines yesterday already had tatar fighting for a spot on a line as he was slotted in on the 5th line. that was even without cleary. so why are you guys mocking the very real possibility that signing cleary pushes tatar down another spot on the roster?

regardless of ones opinion on cleary, tatar, or anyones contract, this is a very real subject, and one that is worthy of a conversation.

yet all you guys can do is mock the topic? i would hope for better here at lgw.

Guessing Tatar will be waived and Nyquist sent to GR, with Cleary being double-shifted all season. We're possibly looking at a Dekeyser+Smith trade to bring in Cleary's grandfather as a veteran presence on D.

Doubt seriously that Tatar would be waived as he's sure to be claimed & the Wings would lose him for nothing. If anything happens to Tatar, other than making the roster, he'll be traded for a prospect(s) and/or pick(s).

I do think btw, that there is actually a good chance Nyquist starts the season in GR now, no joke.

Edited by ogreslayer

Ok first. Lets be honest someone is gonna get hurt in training camp. It happens every year. Sammy last year, Fil, Mursak the year before. It ALWAYS happens. Especially this year when so many people are fighting for spots. So unless something absurd happens we will most likely have to get rid of one less than we think we will. So it is entirely possible that Cleary could be extremely useful on this team.

or i'm just trying to make the best of a cluster ****

I agree with the last word of your post.

Z-Dats-Abby

Alfie-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Bertuzzi/Sammy

To answer your question...no.

I know some one said you already forgot Tootoo, but as well you forgot eaves and emmerton... all are still currently on our roster hahaha what a mess...

wow you guys are a regular abbott and costello eh?

here's what i don't get - the training camp lines yesterday already had tatar fighting for a spot on a line as he was slotted in on the 5th line. that was even without cleary. so why are you guys mocking the very real possibility that signing cleary pushes tatar down another spot on the roster?

regardless of ones opinion on cleary, tatar, or anyones contract, this is a very real subject, and one that is worthy of a conversation.

yet all you guys can do is mock the topic? i would hope for better here at lgw.

Just don't want to think too hard about how they're plannng to make room for a guy who has nothing left in the tank. And it's pointless speculating, just have to wait and see.

Am I the only one glad to see Cleary come back? I guess I may change my mind after seeing how the dust settles... if the dust settling means Sammy, Miller and Emmerton are the casualties then I will be fine... even add Bert to that (Not because I dont want him on the team but...)

Am I the only one glad to see Cleary come back? I guess I may change my mind after seeing how the dust settles... if the dust settling means Sammy, Miller and Emmerton are the casualties then I will be fine... even add Bert to that (Not because I dont want him on the team but...)

Having just signed a 3 year extension in June, I really don't see Miller going anywhere.

of all the people to give a spot to...grabovski, raymond, brunner....it goes to cleary?

i would have actually prefered that we invite hainsey to a tryout.

now 3 players have to break something, or move out of town.

Having just signed a 3 year extension in June, I really don't see Miller going anywhere.

Miller or Eaves... same sort of player. I just hope Tootoo is not the one on the outs. Cleary can play everywhere, is physicalish and is clearly a big leader in the lockerroom... He's been a great Red Wing and that is why I am happy to see him back.

Tatar is out of options, isn't he? Doesn't he have to play in Detroit this year?

Nyquist going back down to GR for the year, uhg. I was so looking forward to the youth movement.

WTF is up with the Cleary signing? We already have TOO MANY FORWARDS!!! We are OVER THE CAP! And he STILL had to be signed? My God. I can't, and won't, support this move. We are going to lose a more talented player (and I don't know who) because we just had to have ALL OF THEM. They are hockey players, not Pokemon.

Tatar is out of options, isn't he? Doesn't he have to play in Detroit this year?

Nyquist going back down to GR for the year, uhg. I was so looking forward to the youth movement.

Correct, Tatar is no longer waiver exempt. The only 2 players that were supposed to be on the roster that still are exempt are Nyquist, who has all of 2 games left in the NHL before his expires, and DeKeyser.