• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

So....did Cleary just take Tatar's spot?

Rate this topic

Filpulla and Brunner saw all this BS coming. That's why they wanted out. :ninja:

They just wanted more money, don't kid yourself

samuelsson to anyone for nothing..? (i don't know if they'd be getting enough in return though)

Sammy and a first round pick, for rick dipietro

According to @Lindy72 Tomas Tatar just flat refused to go to GR if he clears waivers & is assigned there.

Watch Tatar get traded out of this whole mess. And for what?!

Dan ******* Cleary of course. Don't you know what he has done for this organization? What has Tatar done? *face-palm*

Z-Dats-Abby

Alfie-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Andersson-Nyquist

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Bertuzzi/Sammy

To answer your question...no.

Why this post isn't the end of the thread is a mystery to me.

For the salary cap era that is a pretty damn good lineup.

And maybe this is why Tatar is slotted as a depth guy right now. Attitude?

What more can he do to prove he's NHL ready? He won the playoff MVP. He's watched players leap frog him on the depth chart. He had more points than Nyquist when he got sent back down.

Seriously, if I got s*** on repeatedly like that I'd leave too. There's 29 teams that would sign him in a second.

of all the people to give a spot to...grabovski, raymond, brunner....it goes to cleary?

i would have actually prefered that we invite hainsey to a tryout.

now 3 players have to break something, or move out of town.

Tried to give a spot to Brunner, but he wanted a different spot.

We need Grabovski's attitude like we need another Helm injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaEijJip90I

Damn was really hoping he would sign with the Flyers. Not that I hate Cleary, but Tatar, Anderson, Nyquist help this team more, if in fact he does take one of those spots. I don't see Sammy or Bert going anywhere.

Edited by Jericho613

What more can he do to prove he's NHL ready? He won the playoff MVP. He's watched players leap frog him on the depth chart. He had more points than Nyquist when he got sent back down.

Seriously, if I got s*** on repeatedly like that I'd leave too. There's 29 teams that would sign him in a second.

His chances of playing in GR this season are already 0%. If the Wings put him through waivers with the intention of sending him to GR, he'll never get there because there's no way last year's AHL playoff MVP does not get claimed by one of those other 29 teams.

Well, Nyquist could very well start the season in Grand Rapids and you don't hear him complaining. Tatar was saying the same thing last year, that it was his last year in GR and he'd be asking for a trade if he wasn't in the Wings plans this year.

Honestly, I can't blame the guy, and I agree that he's proven himself. And I really want to see him on the Wing's starting roster in October/ BUT, I can't remember any prospect that's made the pro transition form GRs ever talk like this. (Filpulla, Hudler, Kronwall, Helm, Howard, Ericsson). And there have been plenty of guys over the years that have had to be patient. So there's that, and that's all I'm really saying.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

"Durrrrrr Cleary had the 2nd most points in the playoffs....Durrrrrr"

By that rationale, we could say that Cleary was better in the playoffs than Datysuk.......right?!

cleary is awful

sorry if the truth upsets you

i'm upset too

Well, Nyquist could very well start the season in Grand Rapids and you don't hear him complaining. Tatar was saying the same thing last year, that it was his last year in GR and he'd be asking for a trade if he wasn't in the Wings plans this year.

Honestly, I can't blame the guy, and I agree that he's proven himself. And I really want to see him on the Wing's starting roster in October/ BUT, I can't remember any prospect that's made the pro transition form GRs ever talk like this. (Filpulla, Hudler, Kronwall, Helm, Howard, Ericsson). And there have been plenty of guys over the years that have had to be patient. So there's that, and that's all I'm really saying.

Outside of Howard none of those players played 4 years in GR. Howard wasn't exactly lighting the AHL on fire either.

So if they ask Tatar, one of our top prospects, to spend year number 5 in GR then Tatar has a right to be pissed.

Outside of Howard none of those players played 4 years in GR. Howard wasn't exactly lighting the AHL on fire either.

So if they ask Tatar, one of our top prospects, to spend year number 5 in GR then Tatar has a right to be pissed.

None of those guys played their first year in GRs at the age of 18. Hudler and Filpulla, for example were both 22 when they played their first full season in Detroit. Ericsson was 25.

Tatar is 22 right now. Worth considering.

But for the record:

1. I'm mostly in agreement with you, I just wish he'd keep his thoughts to himself and keep working hard.

2. He's not waiver exempt and would never clear so he'd never be sent down. So it's all a bit moot anyway.

Edited by rick zombo

I don't think Tatar would clear anyway, but if we lose a top prospect over this... then theres a HUGE problem...

I guess our best Solution as much as it sucks...

Helm goes on IR, Emmerton gets waived... don't need him with Helm and Andersson centering the bottom 2 lines... Nyquist starts in GR till roster room is cleared with a move of Sammy, Eaves, or Miller or someone haha. Or we just wait for Sammy or Bert to get hurt in training camp haha

Edited by Crashnburnluder

Nyquist played every game of the Wings' two rounds last year. In terms of actual NHL resume, him and Tatar were roughly even last year, except:

(a) Tatar is 15 months younger;

(b) Nyquist showed more value as a two-way player;

© It's pretty well known already that Tatar is sort of a cocky guy, which is fine if you're good, but also leads to an extended "humbling" process in this organization.

I can't imagine Nyquist starting in Grand Rapids. I could imagine it with Tatar, but, reportedly, he cannot.

This is what I kept saying in 2012 when they signed all those guys - it's not that any ONE of the Sammy, Tootoo, Bertuzzi, Miller, and Abdelkader deals are that bad, but combined, that's about $10 million + of guys that could more or less be replaced by faster, skilled youngsters on rookie contracts. Of course, as the past two offseasons have shown, just because you have a spare 10-15 million in cap space laying around doesn't mean you're landing the next Weber or Suter in free agency (though I like Weiss and one year of Alfie).