Photo
- - - - -

So....did Cleary just take Tatar's spot?

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#221 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

tatar 9

nyquist 2

Tatar sounds about right. 

Nyquist has to be higher.  Has to be.  He may put on a brave face and pull off the patented Swedish humility but I wouldn't be surprised if deep down a part of his competitive spirit wants to run this organization into the ground for crappy "asset management."   

#222 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

make that a 10 for tatar.

“Obviously, it’s kind of hard for the mind to stay in it (when you’re not playing much),’’ Tatar said. “Practice hard and focus and hopefully I’ll get in the lineup soon and stick there for a while.’’

Tatar said he doesn't expect to contribute much offensively playing limited minutes on the fourth line. He's just looking to create energy and not getting scored against.

"I just have to wait and hopefully I’ll get in full-time,'' Tatar said. "It’s not easy, but I kind of expected this would happen. I was mentally prepared for it so I just need to stay positive.''

Tatar was the playoff MVP during the Grand Rapids Griffins' run to the Calder Cup championship last season.

"What’s killing me is seeing other guys you’ve played against (in the AHL) playing all the time,'' Tatar said. "That’s kind of hard to watch them. They’re playing and scoring goals, like that (Cory) Conacher (he has one goal in two games with Ottawa).

"But I’m in Detroit and they’re one of the best teams in the world. I just have to stay with it and hopefully it’ll turn around. I’m going to work hard.''

#223 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,211 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

Tatar is being wasted even more if his one shot to impress was playing on a line with Emmerton and Miller. At least move him up with Andersson on the third line because Cleary and Bertuzzi aren't doing anything offensively there. A highly skilled forward shouldn't be dumped on the fourth line -- how is that giving him any chance to succeed?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#224 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

Tatar is being wasted even more if his one shot to impress was playing on a line with Emmerton and Miller. At least move him up with Andersson on the third line because Cleary and Bertuzzi aren't doing anything offensively there. A highly skilled forward shouldn't be dumped on the fourth line -- how is that giving him any chance to succeed?

Builds character. 

#225 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

our line 3 might be the slowest line in hockey, needs some tatar and nyquist.

#226 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

Meanwhile, the Wings have the gall to create this advert.......

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#227 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

Nev,

I saw that commercial. It just further proves my point. Babs and Kenny read LGW and they hate us. If that commercial isn't trolling, then I don't know what is.