• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

Cleary re-signs with Detroit, 1 year, $1.75m deal

Rate this topic

So Cleary basically used Philly to get Holland to commit? Clever.

I think Cleary tried to use Philly to get Holland to commit to a higher salary or longer term, but assuming the 1yr@1.75M is true, it would seem that Cleary's plan didn't work, and he decided to sign here (for shorter term and less money) anyway. But who knows.

I didn't actually believe the Red Wings post on Facebook. I came here. I'm still a little stunned. Welcome back #11!

I think this move says this. The Wings think they have enough speed and skill to win BUT the Eastern Conference IS the Eastern Conference and they're darned sure gonna need some corner and in front of the net guys who battle. Tatar is great but I'll take Cleary going into a corner for a puck in a big game in Boston or Pittsburgh.

Bottom line here with Dan Cleary is that he had second thoughts after agreeing to PTO with Flyers. Met with Holland/Babcock yesterday...

Cleary thanked Flyers for PTO but said he had change of heart, wants to stay in Detroit. Taking less than market value for sure.

Honestly I'm not sure how to feel about this. It all depends on how Holland trims the roster and who's getting ice time.

From Pierre LeBrun...

Bottom line here with Dan Cleary is that he had second thoughts after agreeing to PTO with Flyers. Met with Holland/Babcock yesterday...

He wanted to see one last time if Wings could do anything. As @aaronward_nhl reported, Wings able to come up with 1 yr/$1.75 M

Cleary thanked Flyers for PTO but said he had change of heart, wants to stay in Detroit. Taking less than market value for sure.

And perhaps the most concerning tweet of all...

A good season by Cleary and he'll be able to get a better deal next summer with salary cap going up

Cleary wanted to be a Wing and is taking less than we offered at the end of the year... Money shows he's definitely not playing top 6 minutes.

One year deal? Perfect.

Is Tatar in play? hopefully not.

Helm is going to start in LTIR, Nyquist is going to start in GR.

So we need to get rid of one more player to start the year. Can't we use a normal buyout on Samuelsson? Tootoo?