• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mjtm77

Gustav Nyquist (whats next)

Rate this topic

Guest mjtm77

I am being completely honest to all of you. I now am in complete and total shock. Maybe I am crazy but here it goes. I love Cleary and we got him for cheap, but my question now "what is going to happen

to Gustav Nyquist?"

He played very well for us last season. A player that is young and speedy, a player some slotted on the second line if Allfy was playing on line one, a player I couldn't wait to watch this season

He is going to be a player in Grand Rapids?

I am being completely honest to all of you. I now am in complete and total shock. Maybe I am crazy but here it goes. I love Cleary and we got him for cheap, but my question now "what is going to happen

to Gustav Nyquist?"

He played very well for us last season. A player that is young and speedy, a player some slotted on the second line if Allfy was playing on line one, a player I couldn't wait to watch this season

Seems that way now, unless he plays 2 more nhl games.

Yup, unless Kenny can find a trading partner to take Eaves, Tootoo, or Sammy off his hands for picks (and for Sammy then to waive his NTC) or find another combo of players to trade for a bigger name, there's a pretty good chance Nyquist will be in GR to start the season. The only other player that is waiver exempt is DeKeyser & I don't see the Wings going with 15 forwards & 6 d-men to start the season.

Guest mjtm77

Yup, unless Kenny can find a trading partner to take Eaves, Tootoo, or Sammy off his hands for picks (and for Sammy then to waive his NTC) or find another combo of players to trade for a bigger name, there's a pretty good chance Nyquist will be in GR to start the season. The only other player that is waiver exempt is DeKeyser & I don't see the Wings going with 15 forwards & 6 d-men to start the season.

well so much for Nyquist taking a huge step forward this season..

Regardless of Nyquist starting in GR or Detroit, it's an Olympic year condensed schedule and lots of Wings are also playing in the tournament, so we will have plenty of injuries.

Nyquist the Ginja Ninja and Tatar will both see plenty of ice time, and we'll still see plenty of Griffs play up.

I'm ok with him starting slow and getting hot down the stretch into the playoffs. It was a real short break for him after skating the Calder Cup around Syracuse.

Regardless of Nyquist starting in GR or Detroit, it's an Olympic year condensed schedule and lots of Wings are also playing in the tournament, so we will have plenty of injuries.

Nyquist the Ginja Ninja and Tatar will both see plenty of ice time, and we'll still see plenty of Griffs play up.

I'm ok with him starting slow and getting hot down the stretch into the playoffs. It was a real short break for him after skating the Calder Cup around Syracuse.

What happens when guys get healthy and Nyquist is out of options after playing 2 games? We will be screwed and at the mercy of other teams who may need injury replacements.

I never actually hope for injuries, but if there was a rash of long term injuries and teams needed, say, a Sammy type forward, I'd make a REAL good deal to get him walking. IF he would allow it, cause he GOT NTC. Maybe when Lupul gets hurt again this year he can call the Leafs and have a new forward ready for Saturday night.

Let's just say that Holland signed Cleary because a trade was already in the works. One of two things is going to happen. Either A) the players going out equal what we've brought in (Cleary's 1.75 plus the 600,000 we were already over the cap) and therefore Nyquist and Tatar are safe (since they don't make that much). Or, B) Nyquist and/or Tatar are part of the trade, which would mean the piece coming back is pretty good considering you don't throw away your best prospects for nothing.

I'm fine with either scenario.

He can go overripe in the minors, even though he's better than Cleary, Bertuzzi or Samuelsson.

Holland is going to trim down the roster, meaning he will trade away some of our 4th liners

Miller
Tootoo
Eaves
Emmerton
I expect at least one of these guys to be traded away for picks

Can we trade Holland too, for a GM that's relevant in the year 2013, like Lombardi or Chiarelli?

I'm guessing no.

He can go overripe in the minors, even though he's better than Cleary, Bertuzzi or Samuelsson.

Can we trade Holland too, for a GM that's relevant in the year 2013, like Lombardi or Chiarelli?

I'm guessing no.

Stinking irrelevant GMs. Holland is horrible. What kind of a loser signs Stephen Weiss, Daniel Alfredsson, Gustav Nyquist, Joakim Andersson, Brendan Smith, and Dan Cleary to below market value contracts, ALL IN THE SAME OFFSEASON?!!!!!

This guy needs to hit the bricks.

Stinking irrelevant GMs. Holland is horrible. What kind of a loser signs Stephen Weiss, Daniel Alfredsson, Gustav Nyquist, Joakim Andersson, Brendan Smith, and Dan Cleary to below market value contracts, ALL IN THE SAME OFFSEASON?!!!!!

This guy needs to hit the bricks.

He then goes and shoots himself in the foot. Last year it was Cola and Sammy and Tootoo to put us against the cap and block the youth and this year it is Cleary.

Next offseason we need to clean house:

- Amnesty Franzen if he doesn't perform/compete this season (his contract length is atrocious)

- Let Cleary Walk

- Let Sammy Walk

- Let Bert Walk

- Promote some kids and see what is available through free agency (that isn't 35+ or injury prone)

well so much for Nyquist taking a huge step forward this season..

lol Do you really think Holland plans on burying Nyquist in the minors for very long? He's just making room so he can get a trade done for one of the veterans. This is 100% about asset management. Holland of all people wants Nyquist to play as much time in Detroit as possible. Think of it this way-- it'll be easier to find a trade partner once Bert and Sammy have a chance to show that they can still play and other teams find the need to add a veteran due to injuries. At this point in the season every organization is busy evaluating their young talent going into the pre-season.

It's in Holland's best interests to make sure the Wings' young talent has the optimal environment to thrive.

to Gustav Nyquist?"

From every thing I've hear he will start in GR but just long enough to clear of some payroll and a couple of forwards. Now it sounds like Helm will be on the Injured list again this year

Nyquist is by far my favorite of the younger players, after seeing what he was capable of in the playoffs I'm hoping the staff is able to see the light and let the kid show that he can play in the big leagues.

Game 7 of the 'hawks series is on the NHL Network right now. Zetterberg just scored. Great pass by Nyquist.

Let me know how it ends.

Seriously though, Nyquist should be a priority over Cleary.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

From every thing I've hear he will start in GR but just long enough to clear of some payroll and a couple of forwards. Now it sounds like Helm will be on the Injured list again this year

Yep, this is just buying Kenny some more time to make some moves, decide who stays and who goes. I can't see Nyquist being in GR all year.

Yep, this is just buying Kenny some more time to make some moves, decide who stays and who goes. I can't see Nyquist being in GR all year.

Certainly hope not. I would prefer to see the next step be some time on 2nd line with Weiss & Alfie if Babs finally gets tired of Franzen's laziness & demotes him to the 3rd.